GDT: Stars vs Wild 7pm FSN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Quick and ugly GDT. I stole everything from the Wild website.
cut.jpg

DSEFM87VwAAgJxP.jpg

Lineups:

WILD
Tyler Ennis - Eric Staal - Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker - Mikko Koivu - Mikael Granlund
Marcus Foligno - Matt Cullen - Zack Mitchell
Daniel Winnik - Joel Eriksson Ek - Chris Stewart
Ryan Suter - Matt Dumba
Jonas Brodin - Jared Spurgeon
Mike Reilly - Nate Prosser
Alex Stalock
Devan Dubnyk

STARS
Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Drew Shore
Mattias Janmark - Martin Hanzal - Alexander Radulov
Antoine Roussel - Radek Faksa - Tyler Pitlick
Remi Elie - Jason Spezza - Brett Ritchie
Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
Dan Hamhuis - Greg Pateryn
Stephen Johns - Julius Honka
Ben Bishop
Kari Lehtonen

On the injury front, the Wild will not have Nino Niederreiter on Wednesday. The forward, who was in a walking boot before the break after being hurt in the first period against Florida on Dec. 22, hopes to practice with the team on Thursday.
Goaltender Devan Dubnyk, who has missed the past six games with a lower-body injury, will serve as the backup against Dallas. Minnesota assigned Steve Michalek to Iowa before the holiday break.
Zach Parise is also moving closer to a return, as he is expected to play in a game with Iowa on Thursday as part of a conditioning assignment.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was hoping Kunin would have gotten called up for the game.

I don't like Ennis on the same line as Coyle. Both tend to over handle the puck and lose it.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey guys, Merry Christmas. I was hoping someone had a tip or two on how to get my son some autographs at Excel. We're in town from Colorado so this is the one opportunity fow a while. Thank you.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hey guys, Merry Christmas. I was hoping someone had a tip or two on how to get my son some autographs at Excel. We're in town from Colorado so this is the one opportunity fow a while. Thank you.

Standing at the tunnel for warmups with a marker attached to whatever you want signed sometimes works. Have your kid make a sign asking for an autograph and standing along the glass during warmups sometimes works.

I'm always surprised how many players notice the signs with their names on them during warmups. You might not get an autograph, but they give away a lot of warmup pucks.

Reactions: Mancini79

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Thank you!!

It doesn't always work, and some players are better than others about it.
Pommer was always really good to my kid. Game 1 in STL a couple of years ago she had a sign at the tunnel and he went to the trainer and game him a puck to give her.
Coyle has had some interactions with kids along the glass.
Koivu always goes out of his way to get a kid the signed puck when he's one of the 3 stats after the game.
Stewie does his sprint after warmups, so you won't get an autograph from him.

Standing along the tunnel (within arm's reach) your kid can get a bunch of fist bumps too. Just be nice and polite to the people who have those seats, and for the most part they are understanding and willing to help.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Where is this Excel you are asking about? Is it anywhere near the Xcel Energy Center? :sarcasm:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nice hit by Stewie. Staal line had a good shift before that.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Gotta turn a giveaway all alone in front of the net into something better than that.

Our guy (Ennis? maybe) just shuffle boarded it into the goalies pad.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Gotta turn a giveaway all alone in front of the net into something better than that.

Our guy (Ennis? maybe) just shuffle boarded it into the goalies pad.

That was weird. Was he tied up or something?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The ice must be extra slippery tonight, lots of Wild players falling down.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
That was weird. Was he tied up or something?
I can't remember. He looked completely uncovered from the back camera angle but maybe someone got him from the front.

It looked like he hesitated and started losing control then shuffled it towards the net just so he at least got something on net.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I wish expansion draft would have never happened :( Scandella and Haula were great.
The expansion draft really did hurt us, I think.

There was always talk about how we were SO deep. No real superstars, but we had 3 real solid forward lines and a great defensive groups. Meanwhile the teams with elite top 6's and more replaceable bottom 6's are winning Cups.

They get to protect their elite players, while we lose some of our solid depth. Feelsbadman.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pure goal scorers are something Dallas has. Wild, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce