16-18-67
33-55-12
21-17-22
48-19-14

39-57
5-8
2-23

@TSN1290Radio @TSN_Sports

Seriously? He could have paddled a canoe to Halifax and caught a plan from there by now.:rant:

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
Yeah Klingberg did himself. Like I said the talent was there all year, but buried in the minors for some reason (Klingberg, O'Dell). Peluso is a walking disaster and two guys that can't move the puck together like Slater and Thorburn bury a line. One of Slater or Thorburn (solid positionally defensively, black hole with puck) and some guys with skill or speed like Klingberg, Galiardi, O'Dell, Halischuk could make a decent energy 7-10 minute 4th line that's not a mess and can chip in. Instead we need the "heavy" play while being terrible hockey players. Maurice has seemingly recognized Chevy has tied his hands which is why the fourth doesn't play, I'll give him credit for that.

We can agree that it's long overdue for guys like O'Dell & Klingberg to get a shot. Halischuck is due back in the next few weeks.

All I have to say about Thorburn...he loves his wife...need I say more!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Guys not on the roster. Prospects. Anyone not on the Thrashers roster but in the system have been forced out of the system without a chance. Except Chiarot for some reason. The line between key depth player and career minor leaguer is razor thin and we haven't been even trying. Maybe that will change when Jets picks start being in that situation, but the history is not kind in this respect for Chevy.

To be fair, its not as though there was a lot of quality.

Sure there is perhaps a shorter leash, but these are marginal players in most case.
I can't point to many former thrashers where its egregious that they did not get a greater shot.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Someone said something about something about Frolik.

jets made a trade

Remember that?

Anyways, Wheeler out and rotation not happening. Does not bode well at all. I think this is the beginning of the end, folks.

lol, the significance you place on "the rotation" is comical.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@garylawless: Looks like Hutchinson in net for #nhljets

If Wheeler is now out and they can't even get O'Dell here in 2 days and Postma sits while Harrison plays on the right side I'm past caring which goalie plays. My half full glass just got knocked over, spilling its contents all over the dog and breaking to pieces on the floor.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Saw Clitsome & Halischuk at Banville & Jones on the weekend. They were both walking normal & looking healthy.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
If you can smile while watching Jets games, holy crap, good on you. If you meant outside the Jets... well, I hope so lol.

I'm not brooding around work and home on off days miserable because the Jets are blowing. Just to clarify :huh:

I'm smiling for both reasons. We have a team with better depth, sitting in a wildcard spot (and have been since the beginning of November), we're seeing "who" this team is, and there's exciting hockey to come.

To top that off, we have a very much expanded and higher quality prospect pool (rated from #1 to #10, depending on the source), and much better days ahead. Why wouldn't I be smiling?

I never said a word about what you're doing, BTW. I was simply relaying my thoughts on being told "we need to be given a reason to smile". :nod:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yup it's pretty apparent that the org has finally realized the reality re Pavelec. Forget the rotation. The only real chance we have is for Hutch to get hot again...

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I really have no faith left in Maurice at this point. His stubbornness to keep putting Pardy and Peluso out there and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

It is pretty clear for this team to be successful Buff needs to be on defence and minutes need to be cut from the top lines to keep them from tiring from having to do all the heavy lifting.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I really have no faith left in Maurice at this point. His stubbornness to keep putting Pardy and Peluso out there and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

It is pretty clear for this team to be successful Buff needs to be on defence and minutes need to be cut from the top lines to keep them from tiring from having to do all the heavy lifting.

#Peluso4HartTrophy

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
@friesensunmedia: Hutchinson gets the start because he got a point, coach says. Despite shaky outing in TO. #NHLJets

Man we have come a long way from arguing over who should be in net based on who the better goalie is to now, where we assign the goalie because he got the loser point against one of the worst teams in the league.

Glad to have Hutch in.

JMO, but if there is a chance we are going to go down in flames anyways, you might as well play Hutch and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad