GDT: STARS @ MTL | He was really Patioready | Mar. 13, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I hate MB has much has the next guy but Radulov decided not to sign here will never know when he received the offer, he is not going to come out and say I took MB offer a shop it around... regardless when the offer came he had both offer on the table at same time at some point. If Dallas was able to seduce him over the weekend after playing a year in MTL doesn’t that prove that Radulov wanted to sign in Dallas vs. MTL (i don’t blame him I would have pick Dallas my self) I don’t want to excuse MB but Radulov didn’t sign somewhere he didn’t want to go

Well when you have a GM that has admitted saying they took offers off the table and that signing him was obviously not a priority. That tells the story of a GM that failed to keep him here. We have more than enough historical data to give Radulov the benefit of the doubt vs Bergevin's history of horrible "negotiations". Do you think anyone else would have offered Alzner 5 years at nearly 5M? Anyone else going to give Shaw 6 years? How about paying Drouin like a 1st liner for 6 years before he plays a shift in Montreal? Hemsky + Alzner vs Radulov is what we are talking about here...

Reactions: the

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Destroy the +/- of Klingberg to let Subban have a chance to win his 2nd Norris Trophy.

Seth Jones looked like this year's Norris winner last night. woof was he good at both ends. Game totally changed when he went down.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I've maintained from the first season he was here, that Shaw is not suited for the style of game he plays. He's an featherweight in a game of heavy hitters. Several concussions later, he won't adapt his playing style to an obvious reality -- maybe this is the only way he knows how to play and if that's the case, you don't give out a long-term deal to a player who is a danger to himself and will be spending more and more time rehabbing.

Somewhere, Shaw's future health might be compromised. Several concussions now since last year. What's the count, 4 with tonight's hit which is was a helmet to helmet shot?

Which again begs the question why give him a 5 year deal? A 3 year deal is the max a player like him should get. It is unfortunate but at this rate the sliver lining might be that Shaw will get the Lupul treatment to get his cap hit off the books.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
In slow motion on the replay it actually looked they went head to head. Shaw closed his eyes to brace for the hit and missed timed it. They went head to head. Shaw was out on contact. ouch.

It looks that way but knowing their height differences that's not really possible. Looked like shoulder to head and then hit back of the head agaisnt the boards. The latter which most likely caused the most damage(imo).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brutal head to head impact by Shaw -- he brought this upon himself.

26c7ml.gif

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm not laughing. I'M ****ing pissed off about a trade that teams wouldn't have made because it was already well known that he was damaged goods....and now we add concussions on top of everything else. It's sad for Shaw. It's ****ing sad for this organziation too. Nothing is funny here.
Wasn’t directed at you at all

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's an alternate angle. You can clearly see Shaw initiating contact.

26c7sd.gif

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I've maintained from the first season he was here, that Shaw is not suited for the style of game he plays. He's an featherweight in a game of heavy hitters. Several concussions later, he won't adapt his playing style to an obvious reality -- maybe this is the only way he knows how to play and if that's the case, you don't give out a long-term deal to a player who is a danger to himself and will be spending more and more time rehabbing.

Somewhere, Shaw's future health might be compromised. Several concussions now since last year. What's the count, 4 with tonight's hit which is was a helmet to helmet shot?

It was nasty. Poor Shaw looked out on his skates. That's why he had that secondary hit to his head on the boards. It's concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad