GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That sucks. Kid missed alot of his junior career with injury , finally is healthy for a year and earns himself an ELC only to get injured in pre-season .

Next pre-season game is in St.Louis . I assume the roster is going to very different for that one. First two games they dressed alot of guys higher up on the depth chart . I would assume in road games this will change. We'll see alot more longshot players.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Speaking of crashing the net, there was a scare in the third period when Pat Maroon for the Wild crashed the net, collided with Wedgewood and landed on top of him. Wedgewood stayed down for a little bit before finishing the game. No penalty was called, but the Stars got an unsportsmanlike on the bench after DeBoer was heated over the sequence.

“I was pissed off because that’s how goalies get injured,” DeBoer said. “The explanation I got was that it wasn’t (Maroon’s) intent to go in there and fall on the goalie, and I thought it obviously was, so I was pretty heated.”

Just gotta love how the Wild keep adding clowns. Lucky to get out of this with only one injury.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I would love if Marchment was on a short leash because he was useless after about game #30 last season. But I think he's locked in at LW no matter what and Bourque/Stank at LW might be a tough transition for them both being RHS. There would have to be some shuffling at C to make it make sense. Is it bad I wish Daddy wasn't re-signed? :oops:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I would love if Marchment was on a short leash because he was useless after about game #30 last season. But I think he's locked in at LW no matter what and Bourque/Stank at LW might be a tough transition for them both being RHS. There would have to be some shuffling at C to make it make sense. Is it bad I wish Daddy wasn't re-signed? :oops:

Probably, because Dadonov is still gonna be a better player than either of those guys will/could be for us this year imo.

Reactions: The Tourist

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Good bye to Halversonm the wierdest PTO signing i can remember .

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I’d rather scratch Delly every game if we need to get Stank in the line up. Daddy is a good signing and will be better than both this season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Issue is more someone needs to be waived and send down to keep Stank now that Jani didn't get surgery and is ready to go. With Bayreuther down they have like 400-500k capspace left. Thats not enough for a 22nd skater.

Reactions: piqued

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Even if Marchment doesn't produce to his contract, he needs to just up his overall game. He is so notorious for reaching with stick, falling over, losing battles, at the very least he needs to clean that stuff upand then it's easier to ignore the production stuff.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think they'd like to keep Stank but for cap reasons he's going to be sent down and he and/or Bourque will be the first callups. The lack of injuries last year is an aberration. They're going to need injury replacements and that's how the kids will earn play time, at least to start. If one of them catches fire, then you contemplate an early season trade to open up a spot. But again moving someone with a "bad" contract is going to be especially hard before December because teams just flat out won't have the cap space to make a deal.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
No way we are as lucky with injuries this year. Stank and/or Mav will get a look or two. Maybe one of them can force the team to make room for them.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hintz injured already

Even if Marchment doesn't produce to his contract, he needs to just up his overall game. He is so notorious for reaching with stick, falling over, losing battles, at the very least he needs to clean that stuff upand then it's easier to ignore the production stuff.

Marchment looked really good last night, and in particular on the PK where he spent some time. Only fell over once in a collision the whole game. Hopefully a sign of things to come lol but idk

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
good lol. Keep Hintz out. I’d rather not put Robertson, Heiskanen, Hintz, or Pavs in the pre-season at all. They’re elite and missing few warm up games won’t change that.

Keeps more spots open so you can get a longer look on some of these prospects.

Reactions: piqued

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Alright people, how good is the Bally Sports app stream quality? I've never used it before but might sign up just for the convenience. I could run the app straight from my Android TV instead of my laptop + HDMI which gets tiresome. My only options are the Bally Sports app or free streams since I live in Dallas and my cable provider (Frontier, only option) apparently doesn't negotiate with terrorists or something. Does anyone have any experience with the app on Android TV or on a Roku Ultra / Apple TV? I have good Internet, router, etc. Everything is hardwired. Just hoping someone will help a brother out, can't seem to find many reviews on quality vs most of the streaming sites out there. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Also @TrillMike you've used it in the past right? Thanks

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Alright people, how good is the Bally Sports app stream quality? I've never used it before but might sign up just for the convenience. I could run the app straight from my Android TV instead of my laptop + HDMI which gets tiresome. My only options are the Bally Sports app or free streams since I live in Dallas and my cable provider (Frontier, only option) apparently doesn't negotiate with terrorists or something. Does anyone have any experience with the app on Android TV or on a Roku Ultra / Apple TV? I have good Internet, router, etc. Everything is hardwired. Just hoping someone will help a brother out, can't seem to find many reviews on quality vs most of the streaming sites out there. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Will let you know when season starts. Going to try one set of screens on Apple TV 4K and another set on ps5. Going to be a mix of ESPN+ and Bally sports for me

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I used the Bally Sports app on my android TV last season. Stream quality was fine tbh but the app is bleh and slow, or at least it was however many months ago the season ended. It got the job done though and didn't crash or freeze nearly as often as streaming sites do. Like those sites though it is delayed so you're gonna be a solid minute almost behind everyone on here which can be annoying, but if you wanna watch on TV that's the best and simplest way i can think of without having to use cable

Only reason I'm probably not gonna use it this year is cause I don't like the Stars broadcast

Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad