Rumor: Stars frontrunner for Karlsson, Ryan not involved (MOD #1240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Karlsson might be one of the best defensemen of all time. To me, if you aren't willing to move a prospect with 0 games in north america for that there is something wrong. I would move a lot of Karlsson.
Completely this. Tell me when Heiskanen will be as good as Erik Karlsson hahahaha

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Last season:
Dallas was tied for 6th in GA
Dallas was tied for 6th in GA/G
Dallas was 4th in SA/G
Dallas was 12th in SF/G

So please tell me how is that one of the worst teams in terms of defense last season.

I'll wait.....
Don’t worry just wait on Heiskanen. Heard he is better than Karlsson.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
This is why you will never be an NHL GM. Dallas would love to have Karlsson and they are working on getting him. The issue is this crazy thing called a SALARY CAP. You need cheap contracts with talent to field a team. Also, Toronto would not trade for Karlsson either cause they too realize there is a salary cap. Go ahead and add Karlsson's 11 million to Tavares and then Matthews when he is due and then at that point, you will see what happened to Chicago. They had to dump salary. Dallas can't afford to sell off its best young players even if it means getting the best Dman in the game. It is more salary related than player related and no one on the Ottawa side seems to understand that.

I think Karlsson's ask will be North of $11 million too.
He will want to be the highest paid defenseman.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
You have no idea what you’re talking about. Dallas had and always has had one of the worst defense’s in the league.
The defense was not an issue last year. You truly have no idea what you’re talking about. This is coming from a stars fan who would have no qualms sending Heiskanen for karlsson. As another in here said, the leafs are a 2nd favorite team of mine, but you are extremely annoying

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Not one person has said this.
Well you guys are all saying you are unwilling to give up Haiskenen for Karlsson. Do you know prospects have way less of a chance to reach their potential than people think? Did you know Karlsson is a generational defenseman? I understand not wanting to give up Heisk if Karlsson isn’t signing an extension right away but if he signed it would be ridiculous to not give up a prospect for the best defenseman in the league who will give you 80 points

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well you guys are all saying you are unwilling to give up Haiskenen for Karlsson. Do you know prospects have way less of a chance to reach their potential than people think? Did you know Karlsson is a generational defenseman? I understand not wanting to give up Heisk if Karlsson isn’t signing an extension right away but if he signed it would be ridiculous to not give up a prospect for the best defenseman in the league who will give you 80 points

You do? I thought all prospects were trash compared to Karlsson in your eyes, what changed?

We would be so lucky to give up a scrub like Heiskanen for one year of the almighty EK. :sarcasm:

Reactions: RussianSpy

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
MOD warning 1240. So where's post 1240 exactly?

I'm guessing some posts prior to 1240 were deleted and it changed the appropriate warning post. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of 1240 now. :laugh:

Well before this news was out you guys were still not willing to move Heisk :laugh:

Moving a blue chip prospect of Heiskanen's calibre for a rental, is not a wise decision. I don't think many Stars fans want to do that.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
And cost you more than $11 million a year against the CAP.

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
I'm guessing some posts prior to 1240 were deleted and it changed the appropriate warning post. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of 1240 now. :laugh:

Moving a blue chip prospect of Heiskanen's calibre for a rental, is not a wise decision. I don't think many Stars fans want to do that.
Of course. But you guys were still not willing to give him up before the news of Karlsson and that he wouldn’t re sign in Dallas. *sips tea*

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Of course. But you guys were still not willing to give him up before the news of Karlsson and that he wouldn’t re sign in Dallas. *sips tea*

I feel like we're going in circles here.

Yes, for an unsigned Karlsson (read: a rental, he's gone after next season), the vast majority of Stars fans agree that losing Miro Heiskanen is not worth it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So? Ok go sign your 4 million dollar value guy who will suck compared to Karlsson. At some point you have to hand out a big contract for a generational player. *shakes head*

Funny you should say that, as Dallas already has a "Karlsson-lite" in John Klingberg.

Actually racked up more points than Karlsson last season, and he's only costing the Stars $4.25 mil for the next four years. :yo:

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
Funny you should say that, as Dallas already has a "Karlsson-lite" in John Klingberg.

Actually racked up more points than Karlsson last season, and he's only costing the Stars $4.25 mil for the next four years. :yo:
With a way better offense, playing more games, not being injured, not having huge team issues and personal life trauma. But ok. Imagine Klingberg and Karlsson on one team, that would be amazing.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

The reasons to not move Heiskanen in the deal are that we already have a good enough defense. We have the next best thing in Klingberg as the #1D. EK, while being amazing, is still not a need for Dallas, but a luxury. You do not pay your best prospect+ (especially one of Heiskanen's caliber) for a luxury. Also the cap hit comes to play. Great players with ELCs are a huge need if Stars wish to stay competitive while keeping it's best players and adding one more player who will command $10mil+ AAV. While no guarantee that Heiskanen will become what his potential suggests, I assure you that he will come out straight away this year as a clear top 4 defender and by the end of his sophomore year will be regarded as a first pairing Dman. While on his ELC, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad