Confirmed with Link: Stars acquire F Vlad Namestnikov from Detroit for a 4th Round Pick in 2024

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Disappointing Klingberg didn't get moved, but at least Nill didn't get up any significant assets and double down on the horribleness

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
13 goals, 25 pts, said to play hard. Sounds like potential to help scoring at low cost, although most of these depth forwards really don't end up providing much. Anyone remember the last Vladislav we traded for? (Nagy, who did nothing for us in the stretch run) Looked it up, he scored 4 goals in 25 games, not as bad as I thought, but he generally looked lost as I recall from the eye test.

In the end, he added what we wanted. I doubt Kessel or others at bigger price would have really been anymore useful, although it would fun to be able to replay the season in an alternate universe to prove it.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1647892097025.png

Can't wait for him to get 18 minutes a night.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
This was a little something for the fans. Alright Nill you slick bastard you got me

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This was a little something for the fans. Alright Nill you slick bastard you got me
I mean it's not that good of a pickup.
Is more of the same, just slightly better than most of what we rolled out

Reactions: Zapp

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Rick Bowness: "This isn't October. We've not seen him play. I can't just throw him into the lineup. He'll get a couple of practices with us and see where we're at."

Reactions: LT and Kcb12345

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Forgot Namestnikov played for the colorado in that epic stars v avs series in 2020.

Had 3 goals and an assist in the series..including what would have been the series clinching goal if not for Kiviranta

Reactions: Johno and Sports2

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
@Elysian posted the chart, but I thought the tweet was really funny:

JFresh's tweet also pretty funny:

To be honest, it's a fine trade in a vacuum, if they extend him to replace someone like Raffl then it's fine. In the context of a season where all the good teams added multiple huge pieces and were already lightyears better than the Stars? I think the comment in the first tweet sums it up pretty well.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
They both made me laugh, but to be honest, Micah's didn't seem to be entirely accurate either though. 13 goals/25 points which translates to an 18 goal/34 point pace seems pretty good for a guy playing no time at all on the PP. Dallas almost never gets that from its defensive forwards, and I mean 30 to 40 points from a Top 9 defensive forward, if I was just guessing seems like it would be average or above average. A decent 2nd liner is only scoring around 40 to 60 points on most teams.

I agree it's not a major splash compared to other top teams, and it doesn't take them to the next level, but it's a good addition to what this team needed. It's a guy that Bones in theory should trust, and he's not a complete offensive black hole. I didn't get that comment from Micah considering his production.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
They both made me laugh, but to be honest, Micah's didn't seem to be entirely accurate either though. 13 goals/25 points which translates to an 18 goal/34 point pace seems pretty good for a guy playing no time at all on the PP. Dallas almost never gets that from its defensive forwards, and I mean 30 to 40 points from a Top 9 defensive forward, if I was just guessing seems like it would be average or above average. A decent 2nd liner is only scoring around 40 to 60 points on most teams.

I agree it's not a major splash compared to other top teams, and it doesn't take them to the next level, but it's a good addition to what this team needed. It's a guy that Bones in theory should trust, and he's not a complete offensive black hole. I didn't get that comment from Micah considering his production.

It's kind of interesting because the analytics say Namestnikov is a net negative offensive player vs average according to Micah's chart, JFresh has his G/60% as 24th percentile, which is pretty bad. His shot percentage this year is 16% and he's only taken 81 shots in 60 games. I think he's a competent 3rd line winger who has had a bit of a lucky season offensively. The production is not too far out of line with career figures, but his possession metrics are pretty bad career-wise.

He profiles very closely to a lot of current stars bottom 6 players, but with better production. 'Not a complete offensive black hole' sums it up quite nicely. I think he'll likely make the biggest impact on the team by being a good PK option, but I'm not expecting much at even strength, where his possession metrics are consistently bad. If JFresh's competition competition is correct, he's probably being matched up against middle 6 players, but hasn't been used to shut down top competition. He is also receiving similar minutes to Faksa at 5v5, about 12-13 minutes a game.

His career metrics at 5v5:
Vladislav Namestnikov - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

A comparison to Faksa:

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad