Post-Game Talk: Stars 3 - Jets 2

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
First and third period were good, second was not. Dallas is a good team and they are good at getting sticks in to disrupt play. We took too much time to make plays at times and against a team like Dallas you have to move the puck quickly before they are able to get their sticks in.

A game like tonight is when we really could have used Helle to step up and make a big save or two. I feel he should have had the Johnston goal and he made his own problems with a poor rebound on the opening goal.

Defense wasn't as sharp as they have been. I felt there were too many poor reads and bad passes tonight. We turned the puck over way too much.

I'm not one to harp about faceoffs that much but we got killed in the dot tonight and ended up chasing the puck off the draw all night. Outside of that we still generated a decent amount but didn't cash on enough of our chances.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Fair weather fan makes negative comments. More news at 11

Thats what happens when a team plays one of the top teams in the league as opposed to a team that wont be sniffing the playoffs.
Yeah. Fair weather. You got me! :rolleyes:

Stars had their backup in, they are still a better team overall than the Jets IMO
Shhhh stop being a negative fair weather fan….. /sarcasm

Reactions: sipowicz

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Stars had their backup in, they are still a better team overall than the Jets IMO
Pretty evenly matches as far as shots and chances - if Helle stood on his head, are we then the better team?
Sometimes goalies steal one - their backup played a good game and that impacted the outcome - but that doesn't make them a better "team"

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pretty evenly matches as far as shots and chances - if Helle stood on his head, are we then the better team?
Sometimes goalies steal one - their backup played a good game and that impacted the outcome - but that doesn't make them a better "team"

I'd settle for just league average from Helle right now. I'm sure he'll figure it out but he's been well below his usual caliber to date.

The good thing is we've played well enough to win games for him to give him the chance to find his groove.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Posters should feel good about this game. The Jets showed no quit, and did not fold their tent and and go home -- they hung in there, with a 1st place team, and the game could have went either way.

Last year, we had a disgruntled Dubois, who didn't want to be here, which affected team morale, and we didn't know if Scheifele or Helle would return. The key piece we got back from the Dubois deal, was not in the lineup, ( Villardi) and that could have resulted in a goal.

This is an exciting team to watch, especially with Dillon turning into a Bobby Orr on the blueline. I think this team has to take the positives from this game, and keep on pushing for first place. Good effort, and against a good team.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Well if a Winnipeg team had to lose today I prefer it was the Jets.

I'll stand by my early season thoughts that as much as I like this team until we fix the special teams to get them to a decent level of consistent performance and Helle gets closer to Vezina Helle and steals us some games this is not a playoff team.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Jets seemed a half to a full step slower than normal. Maybe they were nervous? Maybe there's a bug going around?

In any event, they did turn it on after Dillon's goal. Maybe if they could have played more of the game with that level of intensity, it would have been a different result.

Oh well, on to the next one.

Reactions: sipowicz and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino