Post-Game Talk: Stars 3 - Jets 2

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was at the game yesterday and sitting up really high (as high as you can get). Interesting vantage point that I don’t like but it was good for watching the structure. Dallas plays a pretty stifling game and unless your team is “collectively” playing fast and sharp it’s hard to get allot of quality chances.

I enjoyed the pushback in the 3rd. This Jets team feels more resilient. We got Beat on the special teams 2-0 and their goalie was hotter than ours.

Keep playing hard and our goaltending will regress to the mean. If we can avoid critical injuries this looks like a playoff team to me because even on the off nights/days we play more competitively.

On to the next game.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Average team produces average results.
More news at 11.
i don't think they're a average team, but they are producing average results - 16th in pts% currently is definition of mid lol. most nights it's special teams as their weakness id say. goaltending hasn't been as sharp to start this year either. but defensively they're rating quite strong and goal-scoring rates have been much better vs the last 2 seasons.

DAL, VGK, LA and NYR - 4 of the 6 teams that have handed them their Ls are probably a higher tiered team than them.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Arniel saying that Stan is ahead of Chisholm in terms of who will get a chance first... not sure why other than his draft position. Chevy needs to step forward and move on from Stan, it is best for everyone involved including Stan, Chisholm and the Jets.

i don't think they're a average team, but they are producing average results - 16th in pts% currently is definition of mid lol. most nights it's special teams as their weakness id say. goaltending hasn't been as sharp to start this year either. but defensively they're rating quite strong and goal-scoring rates have been much better vs the last 2 seasons.

DAL, VGK, LA and NYR - 4 of the 6 teams that have handed them their Ls are probably a higher tiered team than them.

Of those teams I think only LA is in a higher tier than the Jets, not convinced about the other 3.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Arniel saying that Stan is ahead of Chisholm in terms of who will get a chance first... not sure why other than his draft position. Chevy needs to step forward and move on from Stan, it is best for everyone involved including Stan, Chisholm and the Jets.

Of those teams I think only LA is in a higher tier than the Jets, not convinced about the other 3.

Tenure most likely. Trying to keep things ok on the room.

It shouldn't be about that but about what is needed on the ice. Both bring vastly different things. Well Tree doesn't actually bring much of anything.

Reactions: JetsFan815

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Tenure most likely. Trying to keep things ok on the room.

It shouldn't be about that but about what is needed on the ice. Both bring vastly different things. Well Tree doesn't actually bring much of anything.
I think it is pretty clear that the organization doesn’t see Chisholm as anything more than a deep depth 9/10 guy. He was only Heinola’s injury from being waived a month ago. Since then there as been no attempt to work him in. Even now any games he gets will be with the Moose.

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think it is pretty clear that the organization doesn’t see Chisholm as anything more than a deep depth 9/10 guy. He was only Heinola’s injury from being waived a month ago. Since then there as been no attempt to work him in. Even now any games he gets will be with the Moose.
I agree -
Where do you see Ville landing when he returns? Assuming the current D are healthy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Oh I don't disagree. He's clearly 9th on the pecking order. The question though is if he should be or not. The orgs stubbornness with Stanley is really something to behold. He's shown nothing in 2 plus seasons now and still has his backers in the org. Sometimes you need to admit your wrong and move on.

As with you I hope Ville picks things up from where he left off and wins Schmidt's spot the back half of the year.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Love to see him get in but as I said if this team is competitive and winning the lineup will stay the same, Jets find change hard.

Who really knows how the team looks when he's back. Plus I think he's on the Moose for a couple weeks minimum juat to get back into playing shape.

Reactions: ps241

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think/hope Villie is able to eventually pick up where he left off and push for the #6 spot. Though I see some sort of rotation with Schmidt.
Maybe - I don't think he gets in unless there is an injury - can't see them pulling anyone out at this point but depending on how we are playing on his return, that could change.
What will also be interesting is if Stan is still around at that point - because if he is #8, he will want out.

Who really knows how the team looks when he's back. Plus I think he's on the Moose for a couple weeks minimum juat to get back into playing shape.
We don't know what it will look like at that point - but that's never stops us from projecting.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Oh I don't disagree. He's clearly 9th on the pecking order. The question though is if he should be or not. The orgs stubbornness with Stanley is really something to behold. He's shown nothing in 2 plus seasons now and still has his backers in the org. Sometimes you need to admit your wrong and move on.

As with you I hope Ville picks things up from where he left off and wins Schmidt's spot the back half of the year.
I don't think the org is being stubborn with Stan at all - they like him in the PB
If he was playing right now over Samberg, I might agree with you - but they made the move with Samberg into his slot - that shows that they are making decisions based on play.
Ville might push him out even further - but that's yet to be seen. I think the org will give him a shot at some point, and it will be up to Ville to show that he can play reg season NHL hockey well enough to push someone out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea When Ville gets back I think he will need some time on the Moose to get up to speed. They will need to make sure he is back at the level he was at in Camp.

The only real unknown is how many man games will we lose to injury with our current top 6 D core. The depth and PB guys will be needed its just a matter of how much.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yea When Ville gets back I think he will need some time on the Moose to get up to speed. They will need to make sure he is back at the level he was at in Camp.

The only real unknown is how many man games will we lose to injury with our current top 6 D core. The depth and PB guys will be needed its just a matter of how much.

Yeah, our d has been unusually healthy the last year and a bit. It will be interesting to see of it stays that way.

Reactions: thereturn

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think the org is being stubborn with Stan at all - they like him in the PB
If he was playing right now over Samberg, I might agree with you - but they made the move with Samberg into his slot - that shows that they are making decisions based on play.
Ville might push him out even further - but that's yet to be seen. I think the org will give him a shot at some point, and it will be up to Ville to show that he can play reg season NHL hockey well enough to push someone out.

This org with Stanley is like someone in a casual relationship who is openly exploring other options and liking what they are seeing and not giving the other person the time of the day but keeping them hooked throwing a bone their way every now and then. They know the relationship is pretty much over but can't bring themselves to formally break up thinking about how much time they have sunk into the relationship and the fear of "what if this person was the one" if they let them go. It really is not fair to anyone, neither to the Jets nor to Stanley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad