Online Series: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Dec. 2021)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I dunno thought it was a reasonably good payoff for what was a bit of an underwhelming season. There was an action packed showdown. Boba Fett firing knee rockets and riding a Rancor. Murdering a guy with his gaffi stick. Most of the plotlines arriving at conclusions. Definitely agree we could have seen one or two more of the scooter gang or Freetown people die in the fight that was apparently going so wrong for a lot of it. Bad guys vs good guys, ragtag group defeats sinister organization.

If you're looking for complex plot twists and deep intrigue in your story you might be looking in the wrong place. This is Star Wars, they literally just blow up a Death Star in like 60% of their movies.

It’s not a good payoff for most because they integrated the cartoon series into all the Disney + series across the board. That guy was a reoccurring character in that series. Not many people have seen it.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Surpsied nobody has brought up that 360° no scope snipe the one scooter hipster did.

That was.......neat.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Post-battle, Fennec Shand taking out everyone that was hold up (including hanging the mayor) seemed oddly dark to me. Just a shift in feel.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not a bad final episode, but it felt rather anti-climactic.

Based on the way this season went, I have to wonder if about halfway through filming the producers realized what they had done thus far wasn't going to be very attention-grabbing. Episodes 5 and 6 felt like they could have been the start of Mandalorian season 3.

I don't think it's that as much as they view this show and The Mandalorian as one shared "Mandoverse" where they cross over from one to the other. While obviously in it less and not having his own episode, Boba Fett crossed into Mandalorian in season 2, now Dinn crossed back over into Book of Boba Fett this season. I think they set it up nicely for season 3 to start with Dinn and Grogu back together without needing to explain how it happened, which potentially means more time to tell whatever story they want to in season 3. Book of Boba Fett was basically an interlude in the larger Mandalorian story.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This gave me end-of-show Game of Thrones vibes and not in a good way. Like the ending of that show I got the distinct feeling about midway through this episode that the writers really either wanted or needed this to end ASAP and they didn't care much how they got there.

Bobnaerys Fettgaryen was fun. Plot armor for the whole team in spades too, gotta love that.

Cad Bane and introducing him to a wider audience was probably the best thing this show did. I know other people were ripping the costume but I think the guy looked great and his voice actor was good as well. He seemed like the one adult character in a show surrounded by children or adults doing childish things.

If we're talking about keeping strong, valuable characters around in this universe I would have rather Bane survived and Fett got done in. Would have given Bane a huge villainy boost as well going into the next Mando show. There's nothing left to do with Fett. Whether it's the actor or the character or both he should have been sacrificed to boost someone else's narrative. Now he'll just be forgotten about or make some random pop in to save Mando at an opportune moment.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
All the real fans have.

It's a bit amusing that you're judging who the "real fans" of Star Wars are and based on whether they watched a cartoon. I know that you mean it, though, because you once suggested that I'm not really a Star Trek fan because I gave up on Voyager after a few seasons. That's like arguing that you aren't a real fan of The Simpsons if you stopped watching the newer seasons. You can be a fan of something without watching or liking all of the newer content. It's ridiculous and self serving to suggest otherwise.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Half baked characters. Weak motivations. Lame cliché attempts at cutesy-style humor.

The whole thing got pretty silly and dumb towards the end. Lots of vapid action schlock.

Every time Bubba Fatt came up with a plan, it was shot down by someone.

This entire show was pointless and should have never been made. It further dilutes Star Wars and degrades the character of Boba Fett.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
bf.jpg

The audience score really trended downwards as the show went on.

LOL at the critics.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's a bit amusing that you're judging who the "real fans" of Star Wars are and based on whether they watched a cartoon. I know that you mean it, though, because you once suggested that I'm not really a Star Trek fan because I gave up on Voyager after a few seasons. That's like arguing that you aren't a real fan of The Simpsons if you stopped watching the newer seasons. You can be a fan of something without watching or liking all of the newer content. It's ridiculous and self serving to suggest otherwise.

I was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, but didn’t get into all the novels, comics and cartoons.

My bro got into some of that stuff, but got really angry because a moon fell on Chewbacca and killed him or something…

I couldn’t stop laughing because I thought he was f***ing with me (poor Chewy they did him dirty).

I still love Vader all these years later and geeked out when he put the Rebels in a mayo jar in Rogue One.

I’m pretty sure I’m still a real fan of the universe without knowing about Shin Bac Dlu from special issue #173 of the Secret Life of the Sith and Those Who Love Them action comic.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I was a huge Star Wars fan as a kid, but didn’t get into all the novels, comics and cartoons.

My bro got into some of that stuff, but got really angry because a moon fell on Chewbacca and killed him or something…

I couldn’t stop laughing because I thought he was f***ing with me (poor Chewy they did him dirty).

I still love Vader all these years later and geeked out when he put the Rebels in a mayo jar in Rogue One.

I’m pretty sure I’m still a real fan of the universe without knowing about Shin Bac Dlu from special issue #173 of the Secret Life of the Sith and Those Who Love Them action comic.

Wait, you don't know about Shin Bac Dlu? I'm gonna need to see your fan credentials please.:sarcasm:

Although I must admit I still need to remind myself sometimes that not everybody has seen TCW and/or Rebels and don't have the same connection or background with some of those characters that I, or others, do when they show up in these shows.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Wait, you don't know about Shin Bac Dlu? I'm gonna need to see your fan credentials please.:sarcasm:

Although I must admit I still need to remind myself sometimes that not everybody has seen TCW and/or Rebels and don't have the same connection or background with some of those characters that I, or others, do when they show up in these shows.

I hope/he/she/it didn’t get a planet or moon dropped on them - shit sounds so painful.

I’m just old school SW - it’s all Vader for me.

First time I saw him on screen as a kid I knew he was the baddest cat around.

I don’t care about Darth Bane or Thron or Throg or whatever his name is.

No villain will ever be as iconic as him.

But I enjoy watching the SW universe getting fleshed out in these shows.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Star Wars is in a weird place right now. I don't know if I really like what it's become.

One of the things I enjoyed so much about the OT, is that despite it being a far-fetched fantasy, it felt grounded to an extent (Ewoks aside). That sense of grounding, that verisimilitude, is completely gone now. It's a live action cartoon.

Also, I'm tired of Tatooine. Is the Obi-Wan show going to take place there also? The poster shows him in what looks like a desert.

Disney thinks they need to constantly churn out SW content to keep people subbed to Disney Plus. I think they need to be very selective about what Star Wars content they put out. Protect the brand. Quality over quantity. The TV shows are at risk of burning out just like the movies did. They didn't learn their lesson?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Completely disagree that the shows are at risk of burning out. I think they're some of the best Star Wars being made, although this series was probably the "worst" of them so far. But, like I said before I love TCW and Rebels and these shows feel very much like them to me, so I'm probably biased.

Of course the Obi-Wan series is going to be on Tatooine. He's in exile watching over Luke. I do think they'll go offworld at some point though, the concept art shown in the teaser looks much more urban and unTatooinelike (but then again so did the Vespa gang).

Reactions: Chaels Arms

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
My feeling is with Hayden signing on.

That Obi-Wan isn't going to leave Luke unguarded and leave Tattooine. But we will see flashbacks to the Clone Wars with Hayden and Anakin and maybe even Ashoka.

We're going to see Hayden in the suite as Vader hunting down Jedi and being obsessed with Obi-Wan and Yoda, but he'll encounter and kill other Jedi and never get close to Ben or Yoda.

We're going to I bet see the rise of the Inquisitors.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
My feeling is with Hayden signing on.

That Obi-Wan isn't going to leave Luke unguarded and leave Tattooine. But we will see flashbacks to the Clone Wars with Hayden and Anakin and maybe even Ashoka.

We're going to see Hayden in the suite as Vader hunting down Jedi and being obsessed with Obi-Wan and Yoda, but he'll encounter and kill other Jedi and never get close to Ben or Yoda.

We're going to I bet see the rise of the Inquisitors.

Hayden and Ewan both hinted at a show down.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Just imaagine the people who choose not to watch this series, but will watch season 3 of the Mandalorian.

They will most likely be so confused. lol

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just imaagine the people who choose not to watch this series, but will watch season 3 of the Mandalorian.

They will most likely be so confused. lol

I have to imagine they're starting off Mando season 3 at the end of season 2. Then Mando will probably get Grogu around the mid-point of season 3. Not sure how they'd show that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They could just start the season with a scene of Luke sending Grogu off in his X-Wing, since we didn't actually see that part in Book of Boba Fett. Or I guess they could just do a "previously on" segment to explain some of it, but that still might be a bit confusing for those who didn't watch Boba Fett.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
They'll probably start off season 3 with Mando returning to Luke and basically going "WTF" for returning Grogu to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad