GDT: Star Wars Homage Night. Columbus Blue Jackets at New Jeresy Devils. 7pm MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Some updates from last years Star Wars Night.

AyB5QVr.jpg

xb6QvEN.jpg

MvUQal1.jpg

Last edited:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Just like that win against Chicago...oh yeah Zacha was scratched the next game.
Wasn’t this the same game Zacha took two lazy penalties that costed us 2-goals and was benched for the remainder where we ended up coming back down 4-1 and scored to win 7-5 (4?). If that was that game it makes sense if he wasnt in the lineup when they came back - if not then idk, good point

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Wasn’t this the same game Zacha took two lazy penalties that costed us 2-goals and was benched for the remainder where we ended up coming back down 4-1 and scored to win 7-5 (4?). If that was that game it makes sense if he wasnt in the lineup when they came back - if not then idk, good point
Either send him down or play him. Being a healthy scratch for 7 games and being stapled to the bench when he does play isn’t helping. He’s needs to play no matter where he’s at...if that means a month stint in Binghamton then so be it.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Either send him down or play him. Being a healthy scratch for 7 games and being stapled to the bench when he does play isn’t helping. He’s needs to play no matter where he’s at...if that means a month stint in Binghamton then so be it.
I have a bad feeling that he isn’t being sent down because his agent is likely telling Shero that he doesnt want to be sent down - and while hes just a kid, i dont think he has the mental fortitude to handle being sent down.

Ill stick by what Ive said so far - its either the NHL for Zacha in NJ or he gets moved

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I have a bad feeling that he isn’t being sent down because his agent is likely telling Shero that he doesnt want to be sent down - and while hes just a kid, i dont think he has the mental fortitude to handle being sent down.

Ill stick by what Ive said so far - its either the NHL for Zacha in NJ or he gets moved
I love Zacha and even called for him to be our breakout player this year and pot 25-30 goals 3 months ago. Now I’ll be happy if he gets 25-30 points this year. Unfortunately, he or his agent have no leverage to be asking for anything at this point when he hasn’t proven jack shit at this level. If he can’t handle being sent down, he doesn’t deserve to play in this league.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

They'll get squat for him the way he's being handled.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If he doesn’t want to get sent down tough ****. His only leverage is if he wants to play overseas. So he can either go into obscurity overseas, play and learn at the AHL level or sit here.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If he doesn’t want to get sent down tough ****. His only leverage is if he wants to play overseas. So he can either go into obscurity overseas, play and learn at the AHL level or sit here.
lol how can you have such a harsh response to something that's obviously speculation at best? If that were true they could suspend him and neither of Zacha's quotes or Hynes' quotes indicate that kind of animosity. It's not out of the world that the Devils think he's in their 12 best forwards group and don't want to send him down because of that. Shero said just this offseason when they scratched Zacha it's not because they thought Luke Gazdic or whoever is better it was just part of the development.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol how can you have such a harsh response to something that's obviously speculation at best? It's not out of the world that the Devils think he's in their 12 best forwards group and don't want to send him down because of that. Shero said just this offseason when they scratched Zacha it's not because they thought Luke Gazdic or whoever is better it was just part of the development.

Except he’s clearly not in their top 12 forwards, he’s not even in their top 13 forwards atm counting Palm.

And my harsh response was what I would say IF Zacha was pulling a Drouin and threatening to sit out or go overseas. I don’t believe it to be the case yet but the longer he just stays in limbo here the more you have to wonder is there another reason why they’re keeping him in perpetual limbo and not sending him down?

Reactions: EdisonDevil

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol yeah he is, he's better than Hayes who has that 12th forward spot right now. Better than Stafford too. More versatile than either of them as well. They know his value and are trying to bring him to a place where they don't have to take him out of the lineup anymore.

When Larsson was getting scratched people thought he was gonna sign in Europe the summer his contract ended and it didn't happen. It's just stupid to point towards baseless speculation that he won't do this or that when the coach was the one who said they aren't entertaining the AHL right now not him.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
lol how can you have such a harsh response to something that's obviously speculation at best? If that were true they could suspend him and neither of Zacha's quotes or Hynes' quotes indicate that kind of animosity. It's not out of the world that the Devils think he's in their 12 best forwards group and don't want to send him down because of that. Shero said just this offseason when they scratched Zacha it's not because they thought Luke Gazdic or whoever is better it was just part of the development.
To be fair I never said my thoughts were fact or rumors and that they were of my own creation. But lets not act like it isn't weird to have your agent speaking to management when there really is no language barrier anymore and Zacha has sat in the past. Id love for him to stay and workout to be a good or great player, but I just get the feeling that the way the whole situation is being handled is a bit odd to me and it screams some underlying message that isnt being told.

Hopefully Zacha truly is just young and unknowing to the problems, but I doubt it at 20 in the NHL he doesnt understand the concepts of hard work and determination. But maybe.

edit: I also disagree that Zacha is better than Stafford. Stafford has some consistency whereas that is Zacha's second biggest problem right now. Even if Stafford's consistent play is only slightly above or equal to Zacha on his good nights.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol yeah he is, he's better than Hayes who has that 12th forward spot right now. Better than Stafford too. More versatile than either of them as well. They know his value and are trying to bring him to a place where they don't have to take him out of the lineup anymore.

There’s a difference between having more talent and being a top 12 forward. Clearly when you sit more often than not over a period of weeks you’re not a top 12 choice.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
To be fair I never said my thoughts were fact or rumors and that they were of my own creation. But lets not act like it isn't weird to have your agent speaking to management when there really is no language barrier anymore and Zacha has sat in the past. Id love for him to stay and workout to be a good or great player, but I just get the feeling that the way the whole situation is being handled is a bit odd to me and it screams some underlying message that isnt being told.

Hopefully Zacha truly is just young and unknowing to the problems, but I doubt it at 20 in the NHL he doesnt understand the concepts of hard work and determination. But maybe.

edit: I also disagree that Zacha is better than Stafford. Stafford has some consistency whereas that is Zacha's second biggest problem right now. Even if Stafford's consistent play is only slightly above or equal to Zacha on his good nights.
Agents talk to GM's all the time and his agent only has one other NHL client so it's not that crazy.

There’s a difference between having more talent and being a top 12 forward. Clearly when you sit more often than not over a period of weeks you’re not a top 12 choice.

You're right, it's that black and white when it comes to development while also managing a lineup of vets.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Very excited to see what this team can do this weekend.

Also extremely intrigued to see what Noesen does tonight.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
I'd like to see Johansson get on a little bit of a role. Guy is very dynamic.
Johansson is pretty solid even when he isn't showing up on the score sheet. Plus he went from Washington's system to here and that is an adjustment in a major difference of speed and transition play.

Johanssons ability to get rhe puck through the neutral zone and across the blueline is something we havent reliably had since Gomez IMO. Well Hall can do the same thing but not as cleanly as Johansson I dont think. Maybe I overrate that about him, idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad