Online Series: Star Wars: Ahsoka (August 23rd)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
An extended trailer was shown during the Ahsoka panle was Thrawn's face was shown on it. Jon and Dave also said they are in touch with Timothy Zahn.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Some quotes from the producers/cast on Thrawn:

KK:

“Kennedy thinks he's scary partly because he's a wildcard. “Because Timothy Zahn did such a spectacular job in writing those novels, I think that [Thrawn] might not be an obvious villain – by having this calm demeanour; by not having necessarily the attributes we’re used to [in] Vader and Palpatine. He’s unpredictable.”

MEW:

“Thrawn is terrifying because he’s so calculating, and he’s so cold... He’s brutal and manipulative and cunning; smart. I think Dave [Filoni] says it really well — he doesn’t have the Force but he doesn’t need it, and there’s something really frightening about that.”

Natasha Liu Bordizzo:

“I think he’s scary because you don’t necessarily hate him, it’s more like a misunderstanding. It’s complex. And he’s not just full of hate, he’s curious and there are layers to it which makes him more complicated.”

Lars Mikkelsen:

“He’s seven steps ahead of you the whole time so he’s got you figured out in every which way and that is always scary with an opponent that you can’t really beat.

I think he’s a good employer. He thrives on the creativity of his surroundings. He’s not beating down on people but he’s actually utilising what people have and isn’t that the best employer you can get? And of course power.”

Filoni:

“He’s not like the other imperial officers. Because he knows his soldiers and that instils a sense of loyalty in them. I think they want to fight for him. That also makes him really dangerous. I think most stormtroopers feel disposable.

I don’t think they feel that as much when they’re working for Thrawn. I think they know that they’re working for a guy that can win and all these other imperials who send them to their death and just use them as numbers, he’s not doing that. He’s calculating. There’s a reason why he’s doing everything and I think that’s why he’s very effective as well.”

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
Very low expectations for this one
Same. And I truthfully wanted this one to be good.

Looks like they'll take bits and pieces from Heir to the Empire and bastardize it to the ends that they want. A real pity. A great trilogy that will get completely wasted.

This would have been magnitudes better than the prequels. Recasting the main characters, finding a way to have the OG actors appear that honored what they meant to Star Wars.

I would have preferred a totally different time period with a new set of characters but to each his own.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I kinda agree with Thrawns makeup. Hopefully it gets better.
If you're using the Rebels version of Thrawn as the comparison, you have to remember that it was an animated show and character didn't have quite a realistic look. Besides, Thrawn is more about the voice and manner and we know Lars Mikkelsen has those.

Also, in case it wasn't mentioned, Dave Filoni has written all the episodes and has directed some of them.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
A great trilogy that will get completely wasted.
lol they haven't even released the show, maybe it will be good

also most movies/shows are not 100% texbook adaptations of source material

For exemple the Dark Knight draws a lot of inspiration from the Killing Joke and The Long Halloween but it's not a textbook adaptation of either comic and it worked great

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Same. And I truthfully wanted this one to be good.

Looks like they'll take bits and pieces from Heir to the Empire and bastardize it to the ends that they want. A real pity. A great trilogy that will get completely wasted.

This would have been magnitudes better than the prequels. Recasting the main characters, finding a way to have the OG actors appear that honored what they meant to Star Wars.

I would have preferred a totally different time period with a new set of characters but to each his own.

"A great trilogy will get completely wasted"... it's being wasted now as part of Legends. Fitting it into the canon that replaced it is a great idea.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
lol they haven't even released the show, maybe it will be good

also most movies/shows are not 100% texbook adaptations of source material

For exemple the Dark Knight draws a lot of inspiration from the Killing Joke and The Long Halloween but it's not a textbook adaption of both comics and it worked great
Never said (or thought) it had to mimic the books. Pretty much impossible to do anyway. Books have so much more detail and nuance that movies can't do justice to. With the proper writer, it can be adapted close enough to keep the spirit/tone of the source.

Nothing I've seen recently in the Star Wars space comes even vaguely close to making me think they can do that in a TV show (and likely the movie they announced for Filoni). Doesn't particularly care if some here laugh and mock my takes.

You see it one way, I see it another. Let's see what the majority thinks when/if these ideas are made into a tangible product.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Never said (or thought) it had to mimic the books. Pretty much impossible to do anyway. Books have so much more detail and nuance that movies can't do justice to. With the proper writer, it can be adapted close enough to keep the spirit/tone of the source.

Nothing I've seen recently in the Star Wars space comes even vaguely close to making me think they can do that in a TV show (and likely the movie they announced for Filoni). Doesn't particularly care if some here laugh and mock my takes.

You see it one way, I see it another. Let's see what the majority thinks when/if these ideas are made into a tangible product.
Keep in mind that Filoni and Thrawn’s author, Timothy Zahn, have been working closely on the Ahsoka show

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Keep in mind that Filoni and Thrawn’s author, Timothy Zahn, have been working closely on the Ahsoka show
Zahn's involvement excited me the most. We are going get get some diabolical Thrawn shit

and IMO, they nailed Sabine

1681245894901.png

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

This depends highly on the approach. It took Neil Gaiman a couple of tries being heavily involved in TV series to get it mostly right (American Gods sucked, Good Omens was pretty good, The Sandman was very good).

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Zahn's involvement excited me the most. We are going get get some diabolical Thrawn shit

and IMO, they nailed Sabine

View attachment 685945
She looks even better in that leaked photo with her short haircut

Also, that shot of her meditating facing her helmet is interesting, we have seen her struggle with her Mandalorian beliefs in Rebels and recently in Mando Bo Katan has had an interesting arc, it looks lie they will explore that in the show

By the way, that hologram of Ezra in the trailer must the message he left to the team in the sRebels series finale before disappearing with Thrawn, I'm 99.9% certain

Reactions: Lt Dan

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Tht lwaked photo of Thrawn is obviously not the best, lighting is terrible
I have the feeling he will ool better in an official trailer or photo

I agree on Hera, not sure why they decided to go with red lips
Profile_-_Hera_Syndulla_(Epilogue).png

They're not really red here but in the final shot of her in Rebels, which is a montage of where everybody ended up post ROTJ, her lips were darker than the rest of the series. I remember it because I was like "is she wearing lipstick" when I saw it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad