Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I am really not nervous at all.

I have gotten to the point with this team where I am expecting a loss and disappointment with every massive game.

Expect the worst and hope for the best. That should be your mind set with them right now until they prove otherwise.
Exactly, after 50+ years of being a Leaf fan the faith in them winning is all but gone. The boat should be in the water by Saturday.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
  • Holl was the odd man out the first 2 games
  • Holl gave momentum to Tampa in Game 3 by directly causing 2 goals against
    • taking a moronic penalty
    • stupid pinch that led to offensive zone face-off for tampa and a goal when the puck should have been in the tampa zone
  • Holl Gm 4 -> directly once again responsible for the goal against this time giving away the puck
    • momentum shifts in Tampa's favour
  • Momentum is IMPORTANT in the playoffs. The clips in these tweets do not signal anything "special" that other d-men could not do
  • Holl also played the least amount of minutes among defensemen in Gm 4
  • Holl is not the guy that drives offense or drives his pairing no matter what Keefe says.
  • Gio's impact since Holl partnered up with him has been net negative. That d-pairing is not involved in offensive pressure like it did when Lily was in the line up
  • Muzzin-Brodie are already in a sense a defensive d-men pairing in a sense; they do not engage in offensive cycle as often. That leaves only Rielly and Lyubushkin pairing. No wonder we do not get any offensive cycle going either.
  • We got Gio here to help some offense while playing sound defensively. We did not get Gio to play defensive d-men role.

The tweets that you posted is by a major Dubas homer and stat BS guy. Like mirtle they sell fake BS narrative and monetize their fake BS. Eventually people will stop buying the BS they are selling.

But according to Keefe he was a driver in a game they lost 7-3.

Reactions: supermann_98

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Well I guess we will know by Saturday if we are in store for another 12 months of crap, or if I finally get to post in a Leaf 2nd round GDT. :thumbu:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Tampa basically takes the momentum whenever they want it with their physicality.

All the Leafs do is react to it and turtle. And our coach's solution to it is to take the guys out of the lineup who could possibly do something about it.

Except for when they lose, then Tampa just didn't want to take the momentum because they were tired and not trying or whatever.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
    • stupid pinch that led to offensive zone face-off for tampa and a goal when the puck should have been in the tampa zone
  • Holl Gm 4 -> directly once again responsible for the goal against this time giving away the puck
  • Momentum is IMPORTANT in the playoffs. The clips in these tweets do not signal anything "special" that other d-men could not do
  • Holl is not the guy that drives offense or drives his pairing no matter what Keefe says.
  • Gio's impact since Holl partnered up with him has been net negative. That d-pairing is not involved in offensive pressure like it did when Lily was in the line up
  • Muzzin-Brodie are already in a sense a defensive d-men pairing in a sense; they do not engage in offensive cycle as often. That leaves only Rielly and Lyubushkin pairing. No wonder we do not get any offensive cycle going either.
  • We got Gio here to help some offense while playing sound defensively. We did not get Gio to play defensive d-men role.

The tweets that you posted is by a major Dubas homer and stat BS guy. Like mirtle they sell fake BS narrative and monetize their fake BS. Eventually people will stop buying the BS they are selling.

This is just game tape stuff showing why they liked Holl last game, isolating his shifts to what he did well. You can kick and scream about homer this and bullcrap that with a bunch of random bullet points when the facts don't lie.

Reactions: therealkoho

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
11F & 7D should be the solution. This way you get Holl for PK & Lily for 5v5 play. Lyb & Holl rotate with Rielly at 5v5.

Rielly-Lyb/Holl
Muzzin-Brodie
Gio-Lily

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Ice your best 11 F
Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Kerfoot
Engvall-Kampf-Nylander
Blackwell-Kase

Matthews/Tavares/Kerfoot/Kampf can all rotate at 4C.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Keefe is getting outcoached again. 1st game Matthews and Marner matched up with Stamkos and Kucherov then Cooper adjusted and had Cirrelli and Point against them and Matthews and Marner and getting caved in.

Keefe is like matchup don't matter if we are rolling and not playing on our heels.

Geezus when you see the other coach matching up and your line sucks hello Danault move the line around.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well I guess we will know by Saturday if we are in store for another 12 months of crap, or if I finally get to post a Leaf 2nd round GDT. :thumbu:
I would love nothing more than to skip game 7 and attend game 1 of round 2 instead.
I'm really torn on attending game 7, if it gets there.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Giordano is probably wondering -> If he is the driver wtf am I

Giordano had far better numbers than Holl did last game.

That statement is utter BS. Same with the one about Gio-Holl being the best pairing even though it was clearly Muzzin-Brodie

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019

Also don't know what all the talk about stabilizing the penalty kill is about since Lilly played 9 minutes of PK and wasn't on the ice for a goal against.

Reactions: myleafs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Exactly, after 50+ years of being a Leaf fan the faith in them winning is all but gone. The boat should be in the water by Saturday.
Nobody:
egd27: After 50+ years of being a Leaf fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad