Game 1 hits (Clifford and Simmonds)
56-36 Tampa (-20)

Game 2 hits (Simmonds)
39-36 Tampa (-3)

Game 3 hits (Spezza)
41-36 Tampa (-5)

Game 4 hits (Spezza)
40-32 Leafs (+8)

So in the two games without both of Clifford + Simmonds in the lineup the leafs have a greater body checking/hitting impact.
Only 1 game where the Leafs led in hitting and it came because we were getting slapped 5-0.

also, anyone with a pair of eyes will tell you that Tampa's hitting/checking has had a higher impact.

Just go back to the very first shift of last game and see how Stamkos got that goal as an example

Reactions: PromisedLand

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Only 1 game where the Leafs led in hitting and it came because we were getting slapped 5-0.

also, anyone with a pair of eyes will tell you that Tampa's hitting/checking has had a higher impact.

Just go back to the very first shift of last game and see how Stamkos got that goal as an example

Yeah sorry that simply isn’t true, I mean, there’s been some stretches of play where their hitting has been more impactful (this works both ways) but if you are actually trying to make the argument this series has been us getting physically outmatched, that’s simply not the reality and pretty dishonest imo

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Not nervous at all.
Drunk too?

Great work on the GDT @PromisedLand . Nice thing about the Playoffs is I’ll get to Like your GDT again on the Main Board.
37C8DBA8-F642-4F7E-A161-193C419E6F3E.jpeg

Yes, this Tampa Team is a Veteran, battle tested Group. The Series so far has been
DFF9B6F8-D717-4675-87B4-19639CF6164E.gif

Gatuso gif? You're alright in my books.

But I believe in your Boys ability to fight back after a butt kicking

8F4D6ABE-F0D6-45CB-9D50-C941B648AF4D.gif

I expect your Boys to come out flying
47CA2B60-D0A8-4BDF-A25D-900C581F9E84.gif

And set the tone physically
4F073BEB-5F0B-4807-A0C7-308115AF6FAB.gif

246B3F70-A792-46C7-BAA0-0B63266CF613.gif

ADE47D48-1656-4BDA-91D3-4C5ED9A0E0DD.gif

The Lightning will probably be looking for help from the officials
58067008-FA7D-491D-940E-A1414E9B11F5.gif

But hopefully that just hurts themselves
277256F5-C1DC-421E-B695-B17649B29F27.gif

Your Boys score on their opportunities
View attachment 543908

Defense Handles the Lightning snipers
View attachment 543907

Jack frustrates Tampa with a great effort
View attachment 543906

So Tampa falls behind and then apart
5B73053D-B6A4-4770-8D07-E82114F800CB.gif

And the Leafs blow them away
687D3F18-1183-4551-9323-08D7B00EFCB4.gif
Gattuso gif? You're alright in my books.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah sorry that simply isn’t true, I mean, there’s been stretches of play where their hitting has been more impactful but if you are actually trying to make the argument this series has been us getting physically outmatched, that’s simply not the reality and pretty dishonest imo

I respect your opinion but here's where I disagree. I don't think we've been outmatched physically.

Its just that Tampa (and all other teams across the playoffs)...implement Physicality into their games a lot more than we do.

Hitting and body-checking is a tactic that can be used is a very good way if a coach knows how

Reactions: PromisedLand

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Why does it feel like we’re down 3-0 in the series?
Well we just got dummied by the back to back stanley cup winners, we came out flat and got slapped, so that's fresh in our minds, also the fact we've lost 5 straight first rounds and we were up 3-1 to a worse team and lost last year, so even 2-2 the fan base has reason to worry.

Tonight is a big game though, we show up, look good and win we got this, we lose tonight and our odds are very short of coming up with two big wins given how we've always responded.

But its fine, people are allowed to vent and feel frustrated, we just gotta hope this iteration of the team is different and we can come up with a kill mentality, win these two games back to back and finally get out of the first round.

It'll be a hell of a game I think. Its the start of a 3 game series. I expect everyone from both sides to start on time and have a war.

Reactions: leafsfan5

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Guy is such a tool lol
He's literally making fun our team for our lack of intensity in the playoffs.

How about Keefe actually tells all our Lines and Pairings....to finish their checks, cause Havoc, play robust, play hard, get in the greasy areas and just use the body more?

I don't even care about not playing Simmonds and Clifford. Just make the players we have play Playoff Hockey. How about that
that's all I want too.

I'm still wondering where the hell that intensity from game 1 went.

Reactions: OVO16 and AvroArrow

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Tampa basically takes the momentum whenever they want it with their physicality.

All the Leafs do is react to it and turtle. And our coach's solution to it is to take the guys out of the lineup who could possibly do something about it.

CanHeDoIt99

Mar 14, 2022

Its true, Tampa's physicality on Lybushkin has made the Rielly-Lybushkin pairing awful at transitioning out of the zone. They should probably take out the boosh to put in someone who has a bit more footspeed and can handle/distribute the puck up ice a little cleaner.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Tampa basically takes the momentum whenever they want it with their physicality.

All the Leafs do is react to it and turtle. And our coach's solution to it is to take the guys out of the lineup who could possibly do something about it.
Our toughness is our PP :D

• Haha
Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Its true, Tampa's physicality on Lybushkin has made the Rielly-Lybushkin pairing awful at transitioning out of the zone. They should probably take out the boosh to put in someone who has a bit more footspeed and can handle/distribute the puck up ice a little cleaner.

Sure. Maybe we can ask our top line to impose that same physicality on Tampa's 1st pairing and create chances instead of going Flyby's and Poke-Check?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

• Holl was the odd man out the first 2 games
  • Holl gave momentum to Tampa in Game 3 by directly causing 2 goals against
    • taking a moronic penalty
    • stupid pinch that led to offensive zone face-off for tampa and a goal when the puck should have been in the tampa zone
  • Holl Gm 4 -> directly once again responsible for the goal against this time giving away the puck
    • momentum shifts in Tampa's favour
  • Momentum is IMPORTANT in the playoffs. The clips in these tweets do not signal anything "special" that other d-men could not do
  • Holl also played the least amount of minutes among defensemen in Gm 4
  • Holl is not the guy that drives offense or drives his pairing no matter what Keefe says.
  • Gio's impact since Holl partnered up with him has been net negative. That d-pairing is not involved in offensive pressure like it did when Lily was in the line up
  • Muzzin-Brodie are already in a sense a defensive d-men pairing in a sense; they do not engage in offensive cycle as often. That leaves only Rielly and Lyubushkin pairing. No wonder we do not get any offensive cycle going either.
  • We got Gio here to help some offense while playing sound defensively. We did not get Gio to play defensive d-men role.

The tweets that you posted is by a major Dubas homer and stat BS guy. Like mirtle they sell fake BS narrative and monetize their fake BS. Eventually people will stop buying the BS they are selling.

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Pierre Engvall is an absolute waste of a 6'4 specimen.

This dude has all the tools of being a Bottom 6 power forward....but he decides to play like a creampuff

Reactions: horner

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
  • Holl was the odd man out the first 2 games
  • Holl gave momentum to Tampa in Game 3 by directly causing 2 goals against
    • taking a moronic penalty
    • stupid pinch that led to offensive zone face-off when the puck should have been in the tampa zone
  • Holl Gm 4 -> directly once again responsible for the goal against this time giving away the puck
    • momentum shifts in Tampa's favour
  • Momentum is IMPORTANT in the playoffs. The clips in these tweets do not signal anything "special" that other d-men could not do
  • Holl also played the least amount of minutes among defensemen in Gm 4
  • Holl is not the guy that drives offense or drives his pairing no matter what Keefe says.
  • Gio's impact since Holl partnered up with him has been net negative. That d-pairing is not involved in offensive pressure like it did when Lily was in the line up
  • Muzzin-Brodie are already in a sense a defensive d-men pairing in a sense; they do not engage in offensive cycle as often. That leaves only Rielly and Lyubushkin pairing. No wonder we do not get any offensive cycle going either.
  • We got Gio here to help some offense while playing sound defensively. We did not get Gio to play defensive d-men role.

The tweets that you posted is by a major Dubas homer and stat BS guy. Like mirtle they sell fake BS narrative and monetize their fake BS. Eventually people will stop buying the BS they are selling.

Thank you for this logical breakdown. Personally, I’m a big fan of Keefe and Dubas. But their fascination with Justin Holl is inexplicably bad.

You can’t have epic mistakes against the back to back cup champions, and that’s a feature of Holl’s game. Doesn’t matter if he plays well or does the little things outside of that.

Tonight, all we can do is hope for the best. Desperately need our top line to pot a few.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Thank you for this logical breakdown. Personally, I’m a big fan of Keefe and Dubas. But their fascination with Justin Holl is inexplicably bad.

You can’t have epic mistakes against the back to back cup champions, and that’s a feature of Holl’s game. Doesn’t matter if he plays well or does the little things outside of that.

Tonight, all we can do is hope for the best. Desperately need our top line to pot a few.

Gardiner had the same issue IMO. He was one of my fav d-men we had; he would make little plays well and drive the puck up the ice really well; but then he would have a gaffe that would be series defining in the playoffs.

And I think Gardiner >>> Holl of course when Gardiner was good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad