GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1, Game2 - Leafs Vs Bolts; May 4th. 7:30 p.m. EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Overall they played a great game, lots of chances but Vasilevskiy wasn’t still sitting on the beach, it happens.

Can’t even blame Campbell for much, that reffing was dogshit.

Hope Mitch and Auston stay awake.

Reactions: Azazel

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
We seriously gonna waste this legendary performance by Matthews and Marner..

They have as many points in 2 games as Tavares had against Boston entirely

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Simmonds shouldn't see a game with the Leafs again. I can't believe how bad he is, and how much he helped Tampa out
We're gonna have absolutely nobody to respond when Tampa inevitably goons it up. The problem isn't Simmonds or his antics - it's the officiating.

Reactions: Azazel

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Didn't play the entire 60 minutes and the refs made some bad calls.

Our top level game is better than theirs, if we play our best, we win this series.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Simmonds shouldn't see a game with the Leafs again. I can't believe how bad he is, and how much he helped Tampa out

Yeah he was terrible. He was one of the biggest reasons we lost tonight.

Overall, the effort was good. Can’t take this many penalties though and expect to win games. They’ll be better for game 3. Still did lots well tonight

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Like how they didn't give up.

They got killed on the PK today, What they need to clean up:

- Obviously, take less penalties. Tampa was not going to be as embarassingly bad on the PP forever
- Be more mindful of clearing pucks out of the zone. The Hedman goal was created because of a weird bounce but three Leafs also attempted to blow the zone looking for an odd man rush. No need to do that, gotta be more conservative a man down. The Kucherov goal was created because Kampf wasn't aware enough to clear the puck and instead passed it to a stickless TJ Brodie. Just clear the puck, there's no shame in doing it on the PP.

5v5 I liked a lot. The Matthews and Kampf lines have been great, Nylander has been great as well. Tavares doesn't have it. He needs to get it together.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
We're gonna have absolutely nobody to respond when Tampa inevitably goons it up. The problem isn't Simmonds or his antics - it's the officiating.

It’s a bit of both. Neither of the calls against Simmonds were wrong. He needs to be smarter than that. That said, the officiating needs to be more even than we saw tonight. We at least matched Tampa 5 on 5 almost all night and came away with less than half the powerplays.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Like how they didn't give up.

They got killed on the PK today, What they need to clean up:

- Obviously, take less penalties. Tampa was not going to be as embarassingly bad on the PP forever
- Be more mindful of clearing pucks out of the zone. The Hedman goal was created because of a weird bounce but three Leafs also attempted to blow the zone looking for an odd man rush. No need to do that, gotta be more conservative a man down. The Kucherov goal was created because Kampf wasn't aware enough to clear the puck and instead passed it to a stickless TJ Brodie. Just clear the puck, there's no shame in doing it on the PP.
5v5 I liked a lot. The Matthews and Kampf lines have been great, Nylander has been great as well. Tavares doesn't have it. He needs to get it together.

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009
After game one I didn't expect us to sweep the bolts..lol

On to Game 3

Boston lost again ! lol
Thank you for telling the truth. ^ Sure we didn't own it like last game but I swear this team knows better and can also step it up like Tampa just did.

Thing is,....everybody has to realize (talkin bout the team).... that just because Bunting comes back doesn't mean you have to sit back and hope the Matthews line takes it away. Everyone on this team is important! so, give er the best you got!

also....Thing is,...... (talking bout some negative Nancys' out there) wow, stay cool, stay positive and good things happen.

Acting like the game is over waaaaay before it's over just creates the negatives.

GO TEAM GO!

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
I agree

I love how people are blaming simmonds for doing exactly what Tampa has been doing these last 2 games. Difference? League wants TBL to win, so they never get called. Its clear the teams are playing by 2 separate sets of rules. Tampa has no rules, and the Leafs better play squeaky clean.

Notice that the hit Clifford made was horrible/violent yet nothing is being said about Engvall being run head first into the boards? Why are all the announcers silent? Why haven't we seen 15 replays like they do ANYTIME a Leaf player does anything remotely questionable?

It reminds me too much of the WWE and how their announcers are in on the fixing so they misdirect. Just like our 'announcers' What would be great fun, is if we kept a tally for the number of times the announce team tries to gaslight us. "Mitch Marner fell so he wasn't able to complete the play" Meanwhile its obvious to anyone with eyes that he was tripped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad