GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1, Game2 - Leafs Vs Bolts; May 4th. 7:30 p.m. EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
(nah not waiting morning to start this. It is May 4th already so it is within the time frame)

Gather around ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and children of all ages. It is time for another story. The second story talks about the Fellowship of the Cup; the heroes that formed the fellowship and the villains who tried to thwart it

Ages ago it was foretold that a
fellowship will be formed, aided by the council of Elrond; other heroes from the land too will rise to join the fellowship and combat the Nazgul, Saruman and Sauron and.... G. Bettman (G stands for Gollum btw)

It began when G. Bettman and Sauron colluded with Saruman and Nazgul for two years in a row and the rules about capspace and integrity was overthrown

G. Bettman could not hide his favoritism

6eth31.jpg

No other team in the realm even dared question this unholy alliance. When the village of Rangers rose against the incompetence and unfairness of Sauron and Bettman they were fined 100K in middle earth currency.

Tyranny ruled the realm. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. And so formed the council of Elrond; the council met to decide the plan to combat the perils that plagued the world as The Cup had been stolen by Nazgul and Saruman with the help of Sauron and Gollum
6etfij.jpg

The Fellowship of the Cup was officially formed
6etbpf.jpg

As the Fellowship gained grounds, fought against the injustice, unfairness and anti Leaf bias; other heroes joined the cause

6eto3o.jpg

6etkxj.jpg

6etmd5.jpg

As the fight against injustice gained momentum. Sauron the NHL started sending out hideous decisions, made up rules to break the fellowship and continue the unruly reign of unlawful and illegal tyranny

6eu56t.gif

If this wasn't enough. Everyone colluded for a suspension
urukhai.gif

And so the anti-Leaf and the DUMBEST person ever to hold the office of DoPS once again rose up to the occasion
6etir2.jpg

6etjh3.jpg

One member of the fellowship of the cup had already been taken down. As the fellowship seem to have gotten weak....

6etris.jpg

The BOSS Nazgul - the most dangerous of them all
6eu66b.gif

The evil collusion of Saruman and Sauron seemed to be strengthening

6eu1aj.jpg

All seemed lost. The odds were stacked against the fellowship of the cup. It seemed impossible. The last thread of HOPE was all but gone.... But just then.....

6etysg.jpg

RETURN OF THE KING

6bdws4.gif

As the KING returned so did the many followers and tore through the tyranny to once again bring justice to the realm
GlamorousConcreteFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

It became absolutely crystal clear.... That this is the Year!
2022-stanley-cup-playoffs-logo-sportslogosnet-feat-.jpg

This year Stanley is Coming Home! It is coming home to the where it belongs. It is coming home to that "One Team". It is coming home to Toronto Maple Leafs!

The Line Up (*will update it as the recent news becomes available)

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE CUP

The Fellowship Offense

Bunting* - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kerfoot
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Kase - Blackwell - Simmonds

The Fellowship Defense
Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren

The Fellowship Goalies
Campbell
Kallgren

The Fellowship Head Coach: Sheldon "Council of Elrond" Keefe

The EVIL Collusion

The Nazgul offense

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Point
Killorn - Colton - Paul
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

The Nazgul defense
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sargachev Foote

The Nazgul Goalies
Vasilevskiy
Elliot

The Evil Head Coach: Jon "The Saruman" Cooper

Alirghty then.... Story telling and dramatics aside. We gotta win this 2nd game.

LETS GO WIN THIS THING
giphy.gif

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
What can be said?

Boys. We obvioulsy love you. Just come out ans play balls to the wall hockey.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Go Leafs Go baby, but I need everyone to pray for me tonight, i was just watching the office and noticed a black blur in the back of my room and im all like "well, wtf is that?" Sooo it turns outttt

20220504_000445.jpg

Soooo, he's dead now, but so is any idea of me getting a decent sleep.

My dog is laying in bed with me ready to go to war, but i fear if he laid eggs the numbers will be too great, don't waste any prayers on Ukraine, i need your help the most tonight, goodnight and godspeed my fellow leaf friends, i hope i get to witness the glory of our leafs together tomorrow.

And if not, GIVE EM HELL FOR ME BOYS.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Go Leafs Go baby, but I need everyone to pray for me tonight, i was just watching the office and noticed a black blur in the back of my room and im all like "well, wtf is that?" Sooo it turns outttt

View attachment 540218
Soooo, he's dead now, but so is any idea of me getting a decent sleep.

My dog is laying in bed with me ready to go to war, but i fear if he laid eggs the numbers will be too great, don't waste any prayers on Ukraine, i need your help the most tonight, goodnight and godspeed my fellow leaf friends, i hope i get to witness the glory of our leafs together tomorrow.

And if not, GIVE EM HELL FOR ME BOYS.
I would simply burn the house down

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Wow OP lol.. that's a heck of a GDT. That's not one you just toss together before the game lol.. props on the effort. Always appreciate a good effort on a GDT. There was a time here that the GDT consisted of "hey couple of hours to the game, no gdt yet so.. here. GDT. Go." The evolution is good, may it be in eternity.

I don't have anything original or insightful to say. Game 2 harder then game 1, gotta worry that the champs had their butts handed to them and its all the talk, not like they dont know what they need to do. This is a big one.. but then they all are. Go Leafs Go.

P.S. there is no conspiracy against the Leafs. The Leafs winning is the greatest bottom line to the NHL they could ever hope for. Like printing money. Rag on officiating and discipline if one must, it's inconsistent for sure, but put away the tin foil folks. The Wu-Tang knows, it's C.R.E.A.M, they're not out for the Leafs.

P.S.S. not ragging on OP content there.. it's brilliant. Just saying

Last edited:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Team toughness is important. Pretty much every player had a hit last game and effort was through the roof. Let's keep it rolling again today. Play with great pace.

Gotta play smart too. Tampa will be looking to gaud Toronto in some stupid stuff. Let's keep our wits and go to there barn up 2-0.

Reactions: Vaive50

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Alright boys it's time for a repeat performance! Lets show these Bolts that the Leafs can strike twice!

I'm excited for playoff Bunting. I'm excited to see the crowd jumping.
I'm excited for Tampa players to leave lumpy!
I'm excited for that main board to be even MORE grumpy!
Ohhh man, it's gonna be something!

LFG do this thing!
GO LEAFS GO!!

Reactions: Vaive50

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Amazing GDT, got so pumped at the Return of the King part.

Let’s go Leafs! Squash those demons, like Achilles says in Troy “Do you know what lies beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It’s Yours!”

My stomach already has butterflies.

Reactions: PromisedLand

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
(nah not waiting morning to start this. It is May 4th already so it is within the time frame)

Gather around ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and children of all ages. It is time for another story. The second story talks about the Fellowship of the Cup; the heroes that formed the fellowship and the villains who tried to thwart it

Ages ago it was foretold that a
fellowship will be formed, aided by the council of Elrond; other heroes from the land too will rise to join the fellowship and combat the Nazgul, Saruman and Sauron and.... G. Bettman (G stands for Gollum btw)

It began when G. Bettman and Sauron colluded with Saruman and Nazgul for two years in a row and the rules about capspace and integrity was overthrown

G. Bettman could not hide his favoritism

6eth31.jpg

No other team in the realm even dared question this unholy alliance. When the village of Rangers rose against the incompetence and unfairness of Sauron and Bettman they were fined 100K in middle earth currency.

Tyranny ruled the realm. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. And so formed the council of Elrond; the council met to decide the plan to combat the perils that plagued the world as The Cup had been stolen by Nazgul and Saruman with the help of Sauron and Gollum
6etfij.jpg

The Fellowship of the Cup was officially formed
6etbpf.jpg

As the Fellowship gained grounds, fought against the injustice, unfairness and anti Leaf bias; other heroes joined the cause

6eto3o.jpg

6etkxj.jpg

6etmd5.jpg

As the fight against injustice gained momentum. Sauron the NHL started sending out hideous decisions, made up rules to break the fellowship and continue the unruly reign of unlawful and illegal tyranny

6eu56t.gif

If this wasn't enough. Everyone colluded for a suspension
urukhai.gif

And so the anti-Leaf and the DUMBEST person ever to hold the office of DoPS once again rose up to the occasion
6etir2.jpg

6etjh3.jpg

One member of the fellowship of the cup had already been taken down. As the fellowship seem to have gotten weak....

6etris.jpg

The BOSS Nazgul - the most dangerous of them all
6eu66b.gif

The evil collusion of Saruman and Sauron seemed to be strengthening

6eu1aj.jpg

All seemed lost. The odds were stacked against the fellowship of the cup. It seemed impossible. The last thread of HOPE was all but gone.... But just then.....

6etysg.jpg

RETURN OF THE KING

6bdws4.gif

As the KING returned so did the many followers and tore through the tyranny to once again bring justice to the realm
GlamorousConcreteFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

It became absolutely crystal clear.... That this is the Year!
2022-stanley-cup-playoffs-logo-sportslogosnet-feat-.jpg

This year Stanley is Coming Home! It is coming home to the where it belongs. It is coming home to that "One Team". It is coming home to Toronto Maple Leafs!

The Line Up (*will update it as the recent news becomes available)

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE CUP

The Fellowship Offense

Bunting* - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kerfoot
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Kase - Blackwell - Simmonds

The Fellowship Defense
Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren

The Fellowship Goalies
Campbell
Kallgren

The Fellowship Head Coach: Sheldon "Council of Elrond" Keefe

The EVIL Collusion

The Nazgul offense

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Point
Killorn - Colton - Paul
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

The Nazgul defense
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sargachev Foote

The Nazgul Goalies
Vasilevskiy
Elliot

The Evil Head Coach: Jon "The Saruman" Cooper

Alirghty then.... Story telling and dramatics aside. We gotta win this 2nd game.

LETS GO WIN THIS THING
giphy.gif
Can you keep this up right to the cup?
Great work again
Post automatically merged:

Amazing GDT, got so pumped at the Return of the King part.

Let’s go Leafs! Squash those demons, like Achilles says in Troy “Do you know what lies beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It’s Yours!”

My stomach already has butterflies.
Butterflies don't like whiskey. Drink whiskey to get rid of them

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm ready, hope the boys are too. As I like to say to my wife before every game, this is the most important game of the year (so far).

GLG!!

I'm ready, ready as anybody can be
I'm ready, ready as anybody can be
Now I'm ready for you, I hope you're ready for me

I got an axe handle pistol on a graveyard frame
That shoot tombstone bullets, wearin' balls and chain
I'm drinkin' TNT, I'm smokin' dynamite
I hope some screwball start a fight
'Cause I'm ready, ready as anybody can be
I'm ready for you, I hope you're ready for me

All you pretty little chicks with your pretty little hair
I know you feels like I ain't nowhere
But stop what your doin' baby come overhere
I'll prove to you baby, that I ain't no square
Because I'm ready, ready as anybody can be

I been drinkin' gin like never before
I feel so good, I want you to know
One more drink, I wish you would
I takes a whole lotta lovin' to make me feel good
'Cause I'm ready, ready as anybody can be

Willie Dixon

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Need a strong start once again. Anyone going to the game, we also need a similar performance from the crowd.

Auston and Mitch need to do their thing. If they do, we can head south with home ice advantage in tact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad