MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yes. Somehow in that trade...

Detroit walked away with Kyle Quincey.
Colorado walked away with Steve Downie.
Tampa walked away with Andrei f***ing Vasilevksiy.

And hell, it was a three-way trade that Tampa really had no business being a part of. They were only involved because Ken Holland didn't want to trade directly with Colorado because the rivalry was still a thing then.

Terrible trade for Detroit.
But Yzerman made that work with the Vasilevskiy pick.
I mean, there were a few other good players available. But for every good player in the next 30 taken, there were 3 or 4 dogs.
The next best player taken in the 40 picks after Vasilevsky is probably Brady Skjei, right?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2021-7-5_23-32-33.png

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm actually kind of annoyed, I just wanted to see the win tonight.

Oh well, it will likely be a lot more fun for the Tampa fans that missed out last year.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm actually kind of annoyed, I just wanted to see the win tonight.

Oh well, it will likely be a lot more fun for the Tampa fans that missed out last year.
They were just following "orders". :D

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor Wants Lightning to Lose to Canadiens to Win, Celebrate in TB

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor is not-so-secretly hoping for a Game 5, albeit for good reason. With Game 4 set for Montreal and the series due to return to Tampa for a potential Game 5, Castor says she wants the Lightning to get a chance to celebrate in front of the home crowd.

"What we would like is for the Lightning to take it a little bit easy, to give the Canadiens just the smallest break, allow them to win one at home, and then bring it back to the Amalie Arena for the final and the winning of the Stanley Cup," Castor said Sunday. "We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. But they are playing some amazing, amazing hockey."

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
They were just following "orders". :D

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor Wants Lightning to Lose to Canadiens to Win, Celebrate in TB

Tampa Mayor Jane Castor is not-so-secretly hoping for a Game 5, albeit for good reason. With Game 4 set for Montreal and the series due to return to Tampa for a potential Game 5, Castor says she wants the Lightning to get a chance to celebrate in front of the home crowd.

"What we would like is for the Lightning to take it a little bit easy, to give the Canadiens just the smallest break, allow them to win one at home, and then bring it back to the Amalie Arena for the final and the winning of the Stanley Cup," Castor said Sunday. "We don't want to get ahead of ourselves. But they are playing some amazing, amazing hockey."

We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves. And to accomplish that goal, we will get way ahead of ourselves!

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think Tampa wraps it up tonight. I think their motivation to win the cup in front of their fans after missing out with the bubble last year will bring about a dominant performance. Montreal is a good team, but I just don't think they measure up well vs Tampa.

I'm totally pro the 3-0 comeback, but don't think its going to happen.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm totally pro the 3-0 comeback, but don't think its going to happen.

If by some miracle the Habs pull it out, the city of Montreal will be reciting epic poems about this team for generations.

I'm quite indifferent to who wins, but the storyline of this underdog team pulling out the impossible would be damn compelling.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
If by some miracle the Habs pull it out, the city of Montreal will be reciting epic poems about this team for generations.

I'm quite indifferent to who wins, but the storyline of this underdog team pulling out the impossible would be damn compelling.

Yeah, but Habs fans on this board would be insufferable for the next decade+. It's already awful with a new "Player X on team Y is overrated" thread posted by them every 30 minutes as is. Imagine a win and what that does.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

If by some miracle the Habs come back from 3-0, it will be an epic choke job by a superior roster.

But that in no way would hinder the explosion of hubris from the self-proclaimed epicenter of all things hockey. And with fans becoming that insufferable, my ignore list would fill up fast.

Let not this plague be upon us all.
Go Tampa.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Sounds more like Toronto fans.

No, it's most definitely Habs fans. Go read the Stanley Cup playoffs forums on the main page. 2/3 of the threads are started by either a smug Habs fan bragging about a player on their team or a salty Habs fan bitching about the other team during a loss.

Reactions: ricky0034

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
No, it's most definitely Habs fans. Go read the Stanley Cup playoffs forums on the main page. 2/3 of the threads are started by either a smug Habs fan bragging about a player on their team or a salty Habs fan bitching about the other team during a loss.

They're extra "salty" from slurping up all the Escargots.

upload_2021-7-7_17-59-3.png

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Not unique to Habs fans during Finals talk. Toronto trolls are 24/7/365.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Jeez Montreal sucks. They looked like fighters for about 3 minutes out of the 30ish I was paying attention for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad