GDT: Stanley Cup Final - Game 6 - Pittsburgh 2 at Nashville 0 - PIT Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Your GM needs to get a second top-six centre. He should've gotten one last season tbh but no excuse not to now. That offense was anemic and it can't just run through dmen for four series.

It's almost like we could've used a 60 point center that was out with a thigh injury or something.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The part that pisses me off the most is that the whistle blows right as Sissons is knocking it in. Okay, if you blow it a couple of seconds before the puck goes in and everybody stops playing, fine but to blow it right as the puck is being knocked in and then not change it? Awful.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I can deal w/ the loss but the only people I feel bad for is the team cause they worked so hard to get there and win the cup only to have to deal w/ crappy officiating. Just feel for them cause you know that was probably some of their guys only chance to win the Stanley Cup. They should be proud of what they accomplished though and except for game 6, they weren't dominated and I thought they played well and gave it all they got so they had a good chance to win this series if the bounces went their way.

Last edited:

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
Losing this wouldn't have hurt as badly if there weren't the two disallowed goals in this series that had game-altering consequences. It makes it all so bitter. Just getting beat is better than losing because of bad calls.

That said, I'm so proud of the Preds. We've come a long way from our 1st round exits to the Red Wings.

It was bittersweet, but consider the fact that the Stanley Cup was skated around in our arena. That at least means we made it there and it could have been ours.

On to next year. We made it so far without RyJo and Fiala along with other key contributors and still nearly won a cup. Let's be back next season.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
First the Falcons and now the Predators, can I put 2017 behind me already?

Did anyone around New Year's expect Nasville in the cup finals? Nashville fans should be really pleased with this season. If they add another to 6 center and have a healthy Johansen, they're a good bet to be there again next season.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Did anyone around New Year's expect Nasville in the cup finals? Nashville fans should be really pleased with this season. If they add another to 6 center and have a healthy Johansen, they're a good bet to be there again next season.

Pleased to get here. Pissed by how it ended.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I'll believe forever with Joey and Fiala this series is done in 4 or 5.

That is why we still need another top scorer though for depth so that when our guys get injured we still have some in reserves as our guys are going to get injured if they try getting far into the playoffs. It's just going to be a matter of when.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
The part that pisses me off the most is that the whistle blows right as Sissons is knocking it in. Okay, if you blow it a couple of seconds before the puck goes in and everybody stops playing, fine but to blow it right as the puck is being knocked in and then not change it? Awful.

Yeah.... I understand that when the whistle is blown, players stop playing, so what happens after that is a bit irrelevant. But maybe they could have a 1 second "buffer" for video review. Meaning in a situation like that, if Sissons had touched the puck less than 1 second after the whistle was blown, they could allow the goal? Not sure if that makes sense, but it really sucks to lose on call like that

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Rinne was not interfered with on the Horny goal.

Sucks it came down to that but that was not the cause.

If the Preds scored that goal it gets reviewed at Sullivan's request and gets disallowed. I'd bet on it---especially if the game was in Pittsburgh. Hornqvist skated directly into Rinne's left arm which snaps back 2 feet and puts him off balance. That's what opened up the hole he banked the puck thru. Dude, accept it or not, every last disputed call was gonna go Pittsburgh's way this series. The league has favored Sydney & the Pens for years, and a two-peat was just what the NHL was looking for. I'm an Avs fan (sorry to admit), and you guys were fleeced this series. No doubt about it. Yeah, your PP sucked tonight big time, but the reality is you had the gamewinner stolen from you while a questionable goal was immediately rewarded to the Pens for the win. This was a real black-eye for the NHL in my book.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Yeah.... I understand that when the whistle is blown, players stop playing, so what happens after that is a bit irrelevant. But maybe they could have a 1 second "buffer" for video review. Meaning in a situation like that, if Sissons had touched the puck less than 1 second after the whistle was blown, they could allow the goal? Not sure if that makes sense, but it really sucks to lose on call like that

Apparently it's reviewable and if the whistle didn't affect play, they can award the goal.

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
That is why we still need another top scorer though for depth so that when our guys get injured we still have some in reserves as our guys are going to get injured if they try getting far into the playoffs. It's just going to be a matter of when.

Yep, exactly. Another playmaker. Somebody like...Matt Duchene.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Apparently it's reviewable and if the whistle didn't affect play, they can award the goal.
The linesman had a clear view of the play. He should've immediately told the ref it was a good goal and insisted that it counts. You saw him tell Pollack as much, but the two of them just skated away and didn't do a thing about righting the call. Total bullsh*t.

You

Jul 1, 2010
The linesman had a clear view of the play. He should've immediately told the ref it was a good goal and insisted that it counts. You saw him tell Pollack as much, but the two of them just skated away and didn't do a thing about righting the call. Total bullsh*t.

But even after that, when they review it, if the whistle didn't affect the play (and it clearly didn't)...

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
It was tough to lose to Nashville this year, especially in four. Still, I was cheering for the Preds and wanted them to win. Congrats on a great season.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Well. The Predators got screwed by the officials again, but what else is new.

Great game by the Predators. Rinne bounced back. All players were firing. IT just didn't happen tonight.

I enjoyed this season. The result wasn't there, but the effort was. Go Preds.

*now trade for Duchene and make us all happy :)

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
If the Preds scored that goal it gets reviewed at Sullivan's request and gets disallowed. I'd bet on it---especially if the game was in Pittsburgh. Hornqvist skated directly into Rinne's left arm which snaps back 2 feet and puts him off balance. That's what opened up the hole he banked the puck thru. Dude, accept it or not, every last disputed call was gonna go Pittsburgh's way this series. The league has favored Sydney & the Pens for years, and a two-peat was just what the NHL was looking for. I'm an Avs fan (sorry to admit), and you guys were fleeced this series. No doubt about it. Yeah, your PP sucked tonight big time, but the reality is you had the gamewinner stolen from you while a questionable goal was immediately rewarded to the Pens for the win. This was a real black-eye for the NHL in my book.

Yeah, even though the contact was minor, according to the rules, it appears the goal should have been disallowed:

If an attacking player initiates any contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Maybe since he had one skate out of his crease, and the contact was initiated outside the crease, it doesn't count as goaltender interference... I don't know.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was cheering for you guys hardcore, so I am as devastated as you guys' are.

I'm all for pissing on the officials, but like I said after Game 2, you gotta get rid of Rinne if you want to take the next step. I think I would have had more faith in Steve Mason tonight than Pekka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad