GDT: Stanley Cup Final - Game 6 - Pittsburgh 2 at Nashville 0 - PIT Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers fan here..just dropping in to say you deserved a better fate.

In my mind, you won Game 1. Absolutely no way in hell there was conclusive evidence to overturn the Forsberg goal.

Then tonight, not only was that whistle on the Sissons goal WAY too quick, but the refs actually could have overturned the decision and simple chose not to.

Even on the Hornqvist goal, there was absolutely interference. Rinnes left shoulder was knocked back by Hornqvists arm which put him off balance. They took, what, 3 seconds to confirm that it was a goal?

You were completely robbed by a league that cares more about propping up its poster boy and poster franchise than having fair outcomes. Its really sickening.

Your fans were unbelievable and your team should be proud of themselves. With that D and some tweaking up front, you could win it all next season and if the Flyers dont (they wont lol) than I hope Nashville does!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Your GM needs to get a second top-six centre. He should've gotten one last season tbh but no excuse not to now. That offense was anemic and it can't just run through dmen for four series.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
PK just said they'll be back.

They're gonna come back even stronger, can't wait to see Fiala and Jo-Jo back out there tearing it up with the boys. :yo:

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Your GM needs to get a second top-six centre. He should've gotten one last season tbh but no excuse not to now. That offense was anemic and it can't just run through dmen for four series.

I was about to give a sarcastic response, but saw the Libertines in your avatar. You sir get a pass. :)

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
I absolutely guarantee you Pollack doesn't blow that whistle if it's the Pens on the attack and league pet Sydney pokes it in. That'd count as a good goal for frickin' sure. I mean, Good God, watch the replay a few more times. What the hell is he blowing the whistle for anyways? Absolutely brutal horses*t call that ultimately cost Nashville the game. NHL refereeing is so shady it really makes me wonder.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Funny how we had two goals called back/called non goals in two games that ended up costing us a chance for a win in both games and to possibly win the Cup. Just didn't get the luck in this round. Going to have to learn to score more goals next time to balance out these goals that seem to get waved off under questionable reasons.

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Gutted for you guys. I know how it feels, believe me.

Glad you had the class not to riot like a lot of our idiot fans did.

Props. Get em next season.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I was with you all since that game 6.

Great job, so close, old school fans appreciate your twist on fanhood!

The chants, the city, it was all great.

I'm proud to have been a Preds fan for this Cup run since my Bruins were out.

All bets are off but I would love nothing better than a Predators - Bruins finals next year!

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I absolutely guarantee you Pollack doesn't blow that whistle if it's the Pens on the attack. That'd count as a good goal for frickin' sure. I mean, Good God, watch the replay a few more times. What the hell is he blowing the whistle for anyways? You're telling me if he loses sight of the puck for 1 second, the whistle gets blown? if that was the case, there would be no goals scored off rebounds or from scrums ever. Absolutely brutal horses*t call that ultimately cost Nashville the game. NHL refereeing is so shady it really makes me wonder.

They knew they screwed up immediately. The whistle was very slow after that.

The Preds had plenty of chances and PP's to make up for it though.

The outcome sucks but I had a good time this year.

Will be back at the arena in September for that first pre-season game.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
And Rinne was most definitely interfered with by Hornqvist. Not by much, but just enough to knock his left arm backwards & put him off balance. Of course that goal counts though so league pet Sydney & the leagues favored team wins again. Bet the NHL bosses were all smiles & grins tonight when the refs did their job to perfection and gift-wrapped another Cup to Pittsburgh. Don't be surprised if they win again next year too...with a little help from their ref friends.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
First the Falcons and now the Predators, can I put 2017 behind me already?

Even worse for me:

Bama football- lose championship on final play
Falcons- blow 28-3 lead in Super Bowl
Now Preds

Even as a lifelong Bama football fan, this Preds loss hurts worse than the other two combined.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Nashville's first goal of the series:

Nashville's last goal of the series:

Reffing was an absolute disgrace from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad