GDT: Stanley Cup Final - Game 6 - Pittsburgh 2 at Nashville 0 - PIT Wins 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelpalmetto

Jun 11, 2017
created an account just to post this. I think i might be the biggest Penguins fan on the planet, been going to games since i was three with my old man (im 24 now). just wanted to say I feel rotten winning on what was such a botched non-goal for Smashville. that being said there was no interference on Rinne on the winner clearly a clean goal.

I also want to say how much I love Nashville and their fans! I got a preds jersey the day they came out after they first became a team and showed it off to everyone at school. So glad that amazing team has an equally amazing fan base behind them!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
With the Johansen injury we basically lost our one offensive line that was dominating the entire playoffs. I really don't think Letang would have made up for that but it's really neither here nor there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nashville and their fans deserve an explanation from the league on why the Sissons goal wasnt allowed to count. Not counting it contradicts the ****ing rule book.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Nashville and their fans deserve an explanation from the league on why the Sissons goal wasnt allowed to count. Not counting it contradicts the ****ing rule book.

Sissons kind of got an apology so I guess that's something!

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Man, guys, I swear if I wasn't a Pens fan I'd be a Preds fan 100%. Can't say enough how much I absolutely love your city, it's my favorite in the world. I visited 2 seasons ago in October for a Pens-Preds game and have not stopped thinking about moving down there ever since. There is definitely something special going on down there with the hockey team, and I expect Nashville to be a force for years to come with that ridiculous top-4. Kudos for exceeding all expectations, and I know this doesn't feel great, but that's an amazing building block to launch a franchise. There will be guys who want to come play for you JUST because of what YOU as fans showed the past couple months. That's ****in awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
**** this. I'm out. Love this team. Love Lavy. Love Smashvillle. I've never seen anything in my entire life like I saw before tonight's game. We should be proud as hell. We made this a memorable run and the city came together like I didn't think was possible. Broadway from the river to 8th Ave was a sea of gold. Unbelievable. Sure we had opening goals taken away in games 1 and 6 for no good reason but at the end of the day we had a ****ing great time and we showed the league that we belong.

See you next season.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
Rinne was not interfered with on the Horny goal.

Sucks it came down to that but that was not the cause.

You are right on. It was actually Rinne's stick [hooking Hornquist] outside of the paint that pulled him off balance. Doesn't change that the Preds got completely jobbed by the refs on the early whistle. I can't believe that guy was allowed to ref a Cup Final game. Sorry Nashville, you'll be back.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Crosby points before Subban's comments: 3: 2-1 record
Crosby points after Subban's comments: 4: 2-1 record

And let's be real. The only goal, which came after the comments was a failure by the defense, not anything special from Crosby. He also shot it off the post and it bounced back and hit Rinne's leg and then went in. Complete luck.

The other 3 points came in game 5 when they entire team was complete ****.

Nice job trying to come up with some stupid agenda but you failed miserably.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I can't imagine why people would complain about a whistle that cost their team a goal in an elimination game in the SCF that was 0-0 with less than two minutes left! The nerve! And WE'RE the morons. Good one, guy.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Did anyone around New Year's expect Nashville in the cup finals? Nashville fans should be really pleased with this season. If they add another to 6 center and have a healthy Johansen, they're a good bet to be there again next season.

I was referring to the disappointment of losing, nobody really expected Atlanta to be in the Super Bowl either. Before the season started most "experts" had them winning maybe 5 or 6 games.

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
As a PK fan who tuned into the Preds' cup run, kudos to the team and to the city of Nashville. What a blast it was watching your team take a run and, if some bounces and whistles had been a bit different...

:handclap: Nashville is definitely a hell of a hockey town now. What a fanbase.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
This is most likely my final post on any part of the boards that has to do with hockey, at least for a long time. This league has managed to ruin my love of the sport, a love that goes back to when I was an eight year old kid. It isn't just the officiating, with the wild inconsistencies that really make me question what the company line is that these guys in stripes are toeing. It's the way they disregard fans every time a new CBA is needed. It's the way they disregard dangerous plays that could lead to permanent injury as long as it was a star player doing the deed. It's the way the current crop of executives making decisions just seem to take it for granted that they can basically act however they want and fans will continue to dish out money. And they are pretty much right, but enough is enough for this long-time fan. It doesn't help that the average hockey discussion on this forum (not the Preds section, but the forum as a while) is on a similar intellectual plane as a kindergarten argument about whose dad can beat up who. I'm ashamed to say I found reasons to overlook all of that for all of these years, but no more.

The waived off goal last night wasn't necessarily the final straw since, win or lose, I had already basically decided that I was done, but it was at that moment I decided I didn't even care if there was a game 7. I didn't even watch the rest of the game after that I was so disgusted. People can go ahead and say I'm not a real fan if they want, and they wouldn't be wrong. As of that moment I stopped being a real fan entirely. I don't know what it was but I could just feel any passion I had for it leave my body. It was the final nail in the coffin that holds the corpse of my NHL fandom. I was a real fan for nineteen years, going through the thick and the thin with this team, but it's time to call it a show and hang it up. I've got more important things to do.

I was asked last night by a friend of mine who was barely even a casual fan until a month or so ago, as she tried to ignore every reason I was giving her for being done with it so that she could make some futile plea for me to stick it out, what happens if they win next year? It's a good question. If they win next year I'll be happy for them. I'll be happy for you all who are able to put more behind themselves than I am capable of putting behind me. I really do appreciate all of the hockey talk I've been able to have with a lot of you, going back over ten years now.

But I've put in my dues and I feel like I have the right to walk away whenever I please. That's right now. Enjoy your summer everyone, and good luck next year.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
They were down Letang, Bonino and ???

We were down a #1 center and a top 6 forward, not to mention Wilson for part of it. Ellis missed part of game 5 and was obviously holding on in Game 6.

I think RyJo's injury was especially tough for,the Preds. Compared to their respective rosters, RyJo was more valuable to the Preds vs Letang for the Pens.

Great series, was at least hoping for a 7th game.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
This is most likely my final post on any part of the boards that has to do with hockey, at least for a long time. This league has managed to ruin my love of the sport, a love that goes back to when I was an eight year old kid. It isn't just the officiating, with the wild inconsistencies that really make me question what the company line is that these guys in stripes are toeing. It's the way they disregard fans every time a new CBA is needed. It's the way they disregard dangerous plays that could lead to permanent injury as long as it was a star player doing the deed. It's the way the current crop of executives making decisions just seem to take it for granted that they can basically act however they want and fans will continue to dish out money. And they are pretty much right, but enough is enough for this long-time fan. It doesn't help that the average hockey discussion on this forum (not the Preds section, but the forum as a while) is on a similar intellectual plane as a kindergarten argument about whose dad can beat up who. I'm ashamed to say I found reasons to overlook all of that for all of these years, but no more.

The waived off goal last night wasn't necessarily the final straw since, win or lose, I had already basically decided that I was done, but it was at that moment I decided I didn't even care if there was a game 7. I didn't even watch the rest of the game after that I was so disgusted. People can go ahead and say I'm not a real fan if they want, and they wouldn't be wrong. As of that moment I stopped being a real fan entirely. I don't know what it was but I could just feel any passion I had for it leave my body. It was the final nail in the coffin that holds the corpse of my NHL fandom. I was a real fan for nineteen years, going through the thick and the thin with this team, but it's time to call it a show and hang it up. I've got more important things to do.

I was asked last night by a friend of mine who was barely even a casual fan until a month or so ago, as she tried to ignore every reason I was giving her for being done with it so that she could make some futile plea for me to stick it out, what happens if they win next year? It's a good question. If they win next year I'll be happy for them. I'll be happy for you all who are able to put more behind themselves than I am capable of putting behind me. I really do appreciate all of the hockey talk I've been able to have with a lot of you, going back over ten years now.

But I've put in my dues and I feel like I have the right to walk away whenever I please. That's right now. Enjoy your summer everyone, and good luck next year.
Going to miss you brother hopefully this long painful summer helps you get the fever back but if not I certainly understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad