Proposal: Stamkos to Rangers

LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Mar 17, 2011
Lots of talk about Henrique and Vattrano but could 1 player be the answer.
With the horrible injury to Sergachev last night and 2024 seeming to not be their year, does TB want to reshuffle a bit and get younger and stock the minors for the future.
to Rangers-Steven Stamkos
To Lightning-2024 1ST, Zac Jones, Jake Leschyshun or Matthew Robertson
to even out the salary difference
Coyotes-retain 2.45M of SS and get Rangers 2024 4th or 2026 3rd.

Flame away....
LGR!

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Going off last years trades. HE is worth at least two first round picks and two top prospects. He is better than Oreilly or Horvat by a long stretch. I can't recall a player getting traded of his caliber at the trade deadline in a long time. The value would be somewhere around 4 1st round picks and top prospects/top picks to get to 4.
1707442085627.png

Reactions: Fro

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
JBB has stated pretty definitively that Stamkos will not be dealt at the deadline.

Of course, anything can happen, but it’s one of the stronger stances I’ve heard from a GM.

That aside… the Lightning have won 8 of the last 10. Sergachev only played once, in the loss. They’re pretty firmly in the hunt.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
JBB has stated pretty definitively that Stamkos will not be dealt at the deadline.

Of course, anything can happen, but it’s one of the stronger stances I’ve heard from a GM.

That aside… the Lightning have won 8 of the last 10. Sergachev only played once, in the loss. They’re pretty firmly in the hunt.
Exactly and if Stamkos captain cups gets traded he is fetching a king's ransom. He is better than Hovart and OReilly on his worst day who got first+ prospects. It would be near double that for top line, hof goal scorer, with championship pedigree.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lots of talk about Henrique and Vattrano but could 1 player be the answer.
With the horrible injury to Sergachev last night and 2024 seeming to not be their year, does TB want to reshuffle a bit and get younger and stock the minors for the future.
to Rangers-Steven Stamkos
To Lightning-2024 1ST, Zac Jones, Jake Leschyshun or Matthew Robertson
to even out the salary difference
Coyotes-retain 2.45M of SS and get Rangers 2024 4th or 2026 3rd.

Flame away....
LGR!
1. cap
2. Stam costs more

Exactly and if Stamkos captain cups gets traded he is fetching a king's ransom. He is better than Hovart and OReilly on his worst day who got first+ prospects. It would be near double that for top line, hof goal scorer, with championship pedigree.
Many of us say stuff like da bold
often it is hyberbole
in this case it is not

no reason for TB to do Rs any favors
Rs not paying, esp not top $, for anybody

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
1. cap
2. Stam costs more

Many of us say stuff like da bold
often it is hyberbole
in this case it is not

no reason for TB to do Rs any favors
Rs not paying, esp not top $, for anybody
Then the rangers don't want Stamkos .

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Going off last years trades. HE is worth at least two first round picks and two top prospects. He is better than Oreilly or Horvat by a long stretch. I can't recall a player getting traded of his caliber at the trade deadline in a long time. The value would be somewhere around 4 1st round picks and top prospects/top picks to get to 4.
View attachment 816693
Kane was traded last year, and like Stamkos, had full control about where he was willing to go.

That’s the problem with getting any fairness in a Stamkos deal. If he were to be traded, he’s picking exactly where that will be.

Like the Rangers last year, that team will just hold out at whatever price they set. It’ll be reasonable, because managers won’t flat out insult another manager, but it will be much less than what would normally be the case.

He has 100% of the control.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kane was traded last year, and like Stamkos, had full control about where he was willing to go.

That’s the problem with getting any fairness in a Stamkos deal. If he were to be traded, he’s picking exactly where that will be.

Like the Rangers last year, that team will just hold out at whatever price they set. It’ll be reasonable, because managers won’t flat out insult another manager, but it will be much less than what would normally be the case.

Okay you are right. Stamkos for a 7th round pick.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

You're living in fantasy land if you think Stamkos is going to screw his team over by demanding to go play for the NYR. Kane and Stamkos are in 2 different positions. Blackhawks were tearing it down doing a full blown rebuild while Tampa is still a playoff team. He isn't going anywhere never the less handicapping his team to go play for a specific target.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It’s not only Kane that has leveraged a well earned trade clause. Giroux did it the year before. E. Staal ended up next to his other brother in New York many years ago. Iginla once blocked a trade to Boston to get Pittsburgh.

On the flipside, the Rangers wouldn’t be able to squeeze as effectively as they did with Kane, if in a similar scenario. Stamkos is needed. Kane was superfluous at the time.

BriseBois was so definitive with his wording that it’s hard to not take him seriously. It doesn’t look like we’ll find what his value actually is.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You're living in fantasy land if you think Stamkos is going to screw his team over by demanding to go play for the NYR. Kane and Stamkos are in 2 different positions. Blackhawks were tearing it down doing a full blown rebuild while Tampa is still a playoff team. He isn't going anywhere never the less handicapping his team to go play for a specific target.
Clearly not what I said… lol. Rangers have nothing to do with it. They’re just the team last season, Kane chose.

If Stamkos is traded however, it will be to EXACTLY where he wants to be traded to. That’s no secret. He has a full NMC, and will pick his spot. He’s earned that right. It’s why he has a NMC.

So if he wants to go to play for Yzerman, guess where he’s going?? To Detroit, and they won’t be bidding against themselves.

The Lightning have no choice in the matter. If he doesn’t wanna play for the Leafs and they offered Knies, and four #1 picks, it’s all for not.

Now, they’ve come out and said he won’t be traded, but we know these things change. But if he’s traded, he’s picking where he’s going. That team will then come up with what they feel they’re willing to pay (like the Rangers did with Kane) and Tampa either takes it, or they don’t trade him. It’s real simple.

Like I said before, teams won’t play the entire “I’ll give you a 5th rounder” game, because managers have too much respect for each other. It won’t be anything great though.

Probably a mid grade prospect, a decent roster player, and a tiered pick. Meaning that pick would increase, depending on where that team finishes. So a 2nd that turns into a 1st if that team wins the Cup. Maybe another 3rd gets thrown in, if he signs a new contract with that team.

That's just reality. It’ll be fair, but nothing special.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
As a Rangers fan, this isn’t happening.

1. Stamkos will cost too much.

2. Tampa is in the playoff race.

3. The Rangers can’t make the cap work without 50% retention, which would cost even more.

4. Why is Tampa going to help out a team they could end up meeting in the playoffs?

5. JB already said he’s not dealing Stamkos.

6. Stamkos has been extremely vocal about not wanting to leave Tampa.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Clearly not what I said… lol. Rangers have nothing to do with it. They’re just the team last season, Kane chose.

If Stamkos is traded however, it will be to EXACTLY where he wants to be traded to. That’s no secret. He has a full NMC, and will pick his spot. He’s earned that right. It’s why he has a NMC.

So if he wants to go to play for Yzerman, guess where he’s going?? To Detroit, and they won’t be bidding against themselves.

The Lightning have no choice in the matter. If he doesn’t wanna play for the Leafs and they offered Knies, and four #1 picks, it’s all for not.

Now, they’ve come out and said he won’t be traded, but we know these things change. But if he’s traded, he’s picking where he’s going. That team will then come up with what they feel they’re willing to pay (like the Rangers did with Kane) and Tampa either takes it, or they don’t trade him. It’s real simple.

Like I said before, teams won’t play the entire “I’ll give you a 5th rounder” game, because managers have too much respect for each other. It won’t be anything great though.

Probably a mid grade prospect, a decent roster player, and a tiered pick. Meaning that pick would increase, depending on where that team finishes. So a 2nd that turns into a 1st if that team wins the Cup. Maybe another 3rd gets thrown in, if he signs a new contract with that team.

That's just reality. It’ll be fair, but nothing special.
Then I guess he wouldn't be traded, asTampa wouldn't be taking anyone's offer of mid range prospect, roster player that's much worse no doubt, and a conditional 2nd. JBB tries not to laugh as he.hangs up the phone.

Reactions: Outl4w

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Those who consider the Bolts a lock for a PO spot have not watched this team much this year. Losing Sergi is not the determining factor either. Stamkos was disappointed that a new ontract was not done last summer. He also with no doubt wants to retire in Tampa at this point the doors have been left open for him to finish this season on a contender and return signing with Tampa afterwards. After the flinders JBB has made over the last couple years losing Stamkos would likely cost him his job. He very well could lose it anyway. He rode Yzermans team into the ground and traded all his futures for a bottom 6 tweener.

So could it be possible a deal is in place for a deadline trade to a contender to recover futures? Stranger things have happened. It also leaves the decision in Stammers hands. The only other possibility JBB has decided to move on and allow him to be a UFA . It is not unprecedented he has let a number of players walk and traded key pieces to over pay lessor players Cirelli for one. The plans to replace Palat and Killorn Gourde Coleman have all failed. So now could he have a deal with Stammer and a place to move Cirelli’s contract? Just don’t know yet. But he needs cap room and to flush some bottom 6ers.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
While the poster claiming 2 first and 2 top prospects is going a bit overboard, this offer is on the Leschyhit side. The only piece here is the 1st. There's no real prospect or secondary value. Unless Stamkos is picking his spot that's not going to be enough for a team that could still be a playoff team.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Giroux would be a cheaper option and he plays Center.
For his cost, he'd be a top 6 winger and not a 3C here. If Sens are retaining 50%, he's not going to come cheaper than a 1st and Jones...

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Then I guess he wouldn't be traded, asTampa wouldn't be taking anyone's offer of mid range prospect, roster player that's much worse no doubt, and a conditional 2nd. JBB tries not to laugh as he.hangs up the phone.
They would be better offering Jeannot.

Reactions: JTBF81

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would ask for a 1st, a 2nd and a couple prospects: Zac Jones and Sykora seem fair. Obv I much rather have Perreault but I don't think Rangers would trade him for a rental

Reactions: LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
View attachment 816693
not happening for a rental even if that is Stamkos. you guys can just keep and re-sign him lol. no ones paying that

Reactions: LGRDunDunDunDunDa

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I would be willing to give up a first and Jones, he would help at our Center and RW issue.
My point was he won't be cheaper like you said. He'd cost more than that if they're retaining to help us make the cap fit.

Jones and Matthew Robertson don't cut it as prospects that get it done in a deal. You'd have to bump up the prospect tier.

Reactions: slg1963

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad