McKenzie: Stamkos? (Speculation)

BOLTFAN

Oct 5, 2020
Please Doc explain how 2.47 ice time in 8 months supports he does not have a seriuos issue. He may well not go anywhere the question is can he be on the ice enough to contribute next season? The league is eyeing Dec 1 start date meaning camp will start in 5 weeks. Some big decisions need to be made. soon.
He had a sports hernia surgery and reaggravated/overcompensated for it, Doc. Does having a sports hernia translated into a serious issue? Or should we look at his injury in 2012?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Stamkos is better off being bought-out. Trading him would be a slap in the face for putting up with that team in their worst times with Barry Melrose as their head coach as well as Barrie and Koules being childish owners of that team.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Even if he has 8.5M cap hit isnt he making like only 1M in real money for the next season?

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Full NMC. No chance he waives.

TB is moving Killorn and Tyler Johnson, maybe Paquette/McElhinney and getting out of this.
McElhinney eh? I wonder if King Henrik wants another run at a cup. For just over league minimum, of course.

Might as well keep bringing in former Rangers players.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
The one destination I could see Stamkos actually landing in is NYR, and I would assume both front offices would be pleased with

to NYR: Stamkos
to TBL: Kakko and Andersson
Jesus christ..........

Even I would consider that, and Stamkos is my FAVOURITE PLAYER.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Renaud Lavoie (TVA) said on tv that
If Stamkos were to be traded , it would be to a western team and non canadian.

He could be the guy to finally put Nashville over the top.

It's like people are forgetting Stamkos is an elite C on a good contract. He would be the best forward on half the teams in the league.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
To be honest the 4 guys listed as untouchable are the only 4 guys that should be untouchable. I’d even argue that Vasy should be available but that’s another topic.

Tampa got the Cup. They’re gonna have a nice shot at it next season too no matter what they do this offseason. If guys gotta go to make it happen, they gotta go.

Love Stamkos but we need a guy that we can feel good about all the time, not just when he comes back from another months long layoff due to the most recent injury he’s had.

Reactions: ultra63 and DFC

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
To be honest the 4 guys listed as untouchable are the only 4 guys that should be untouchable. I’d even argue that Vasy should be available but that’s another topic.

Tampa got the Cup. They’re gonna have a nice shot at it next season too no matter what they do this offseason. If guys gotta go to make it happen, they gotta go.

Love Stamkos but we need a guy that we can feel good about all the time, not just when he comes back from another months long layoff due to the most recent injury he’s had.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think one way or another, we end up as good or better than last year. Either Stamkos plays, or we move him and sign everybody else, which gives us the same team that won the cup.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
So Stammer to Winnipeg for Laine IF they retain $4 million of his salary?

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
He could be the guy to finally put Nashville over the top.

It's like people are forgetting Stamkos is an elite C on a good contract. He would be the best forward on half the teams in the league.
The longer we go without a TJ/Killorn trade, the more fearful I am that this might actually happen.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
The longer we go without a TJ/Killorn trade, the more fearful I am that this might actually happen.

Stammer would have to approve it. No way he goes anywhere but to the Maple Leasts. No way, no how.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I wouldn't get too fearful until tomorrow. If we get past round 2 without both of those guys gone, Stamkos becomes a bigger possibility. Or at least, you begin to wonder if McKenzie knew something big was a possibility.

Still though, there was no chance either of those guys was going to return a pick as high as we are now. The trade wouldn't be announced until we get to the pick, and, at best, Killer gets us a late 1st, but more likely a 2nd. Johnson's value is anyone's guess. I could see it being anything from a 4th to negative.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Stammer would have to approve it. No way he goes anywhere but to the Maple Leasts. No way, no how.
I don’t buy that at all. Now that he’s got a Cup he isn’t necessarily bound to teams that are close. He may decide he wants to go to a rebuilding team and be a part of the process of helping young guys grow, he may want to go somewhere that’s geographically pleasing to him.

Not saying he doesn’t want another Cup or that he would go anywhere besides Toronto if it came to it but I don’t think it’s there or nowhere at this stage in his career.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don’t buy that at all. Now that he’s got a Cup he isn’t necessarily bound to teams that are close. He may decide he wants to go to a rebuilding team and be a part of the process of helping young guys grow, he may want to go somewhere that’s geographically pleasing to him.

Not saying he doesn’t want another Cup or that he would go anywhere besides Toronto if it came to it but I don’t think it’s there or nowhere at this stage in his career.

I think he wants a cup as much as ever. I think there's more to the story than meets the eye, just because of the way McKenzie reported it. I don't know if Stamkos would be willing to go or not. I don't think we would want him to unless we're in a tougher spot than any of us actually realizes.

The fact that we're outside of the top-5 and nothing happens makes me think Stamkos is safe. If we get past tomorrow without moving Johnson or Killorn, suddenly EVERYTHING looks realistic because we have no idea what's going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad