McKenzie: Stamkos? (Speculation)

BOLTFAN

Oct 5, 2020
There is more physically wrong with Stamko's than has been let out. He played 2.47 since Feb 25. He is going to have to have major surgery or LTIR. An injury that lasts 8 months and still keeps him from playing smells really fishy. He has missed more than half a season in 4 of the last 8. He is one hell of a player when you have him on the ice. It is hard to imagine at 30 he is put out to pasture but then again he has to understand this team has to have him in the line up or he needs to go.
Huh? 1 of the last 6 seasons. How can you bring up the 2012 and 2013 seasons as proof that something must be physically wrong with him? What major surgery is he going to have?

Stamkos is not going anywhere.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There is more physically wrong with Stamko's than has been let out. He played 2.47 since Feb 25. He is going to have to have major surgery or LTIR. An injury that lasts 8 months and still keeps him from playing smells really fishy. He has missed more than half a season in 4 of the last 8. He is one hell of a player when you have him on the ice. It is hard to imagine at 30 he is put out to pasture but then again he has to understand this team has to have him in the line up or he needs to go.
I won’t speculate at what’s wrong with Stamkos but teams aren’t going to trade high end assets for an injured star player. It’s got very little to do with past history other than last season and the bubble playoffs. He had surgery, tried to come back, it didn’t work and something’s still wrong.

If a team can’t be sure when he will play again and if this injury will have any long term effects how can they possibly trade for him? BriseBois didn’t have to say Stamkos is untouchable, he’s LTIR as of now.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Arizona doesn't keep Hall then try to go after Stammer, not sure how to get him to waive NMC though.
Jeez how does Stamkos say no to Arizona.

"yeah Steven you'd be going to Arizona where the team hasnt made the playoffs in along time playing in front of 8-9K fans in Glendale. You get to golf year round. Only problem is you might not be paid on time."

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Bad move if true.

Only 5 players are untouchable right now for Bolts. And yes, Stamkos is 10000000000000000000000000% on MY list of that top 5.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would a buy out ever materialize a la Lecavalier?
No, Stamkos has been great for the past two years, and his contract is great.

I think this is more about flexibility. JBB doesn't want to add Stamkos to the untouchable list and then wind up trading him, so, my guess is he was left off "just in case" something materializes. Stammer would obviously have to sign off on it. But maybe a conversation has happened. We don't know.

It's odd to not add Stamkos to the list if they're not actually open to trading him though.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Seems they are going overkill with this, because he was left out of the untouchable list. Just seems like a long shot they would even consider trading him.

Oh for sure, when they call it a "trade bait list" they mean "click bait."

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I won’t speculate at what’s wrong with Stamkos but teams aren’t going to trade high end assets for an injured star player. It’s got very little to do with past history other than last season and the bubble playoffs. He had surgery, tried to come back, it didn’t work and something’s still wrong.

If a team can’t be sure when he will play again and if this injury will have any long term effects how can they possibly trade for him? BriseBois didn’t have to say Stamkos is untouchable, he’s LTIR as of now.
Well I agree but teams do move injured players Shea Weber says Hi. And It would not necessarily be high end assets the Bolts want if this were to ever play out currently They need to sign Servichev, Cirelli, Chernak, Verhaghe, Stephens three of which are going to be solid NHL stars and the other two may be, we have just not seen them much above the 4th line role and they are more talented than that. Moving Johnson would along with current space will allow for signing three of the 5 so whats gonna happen to the other two? I doubt they move another starter I can see one of Cirelli or Setrgi moving that would allow the other four to be signed and create the least imact as possible on the current roster and would reload the pipeline with picks or ELC guys that are going to be needed in each of the next 3 years.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Would a buy out ever materialize a la Lecavalier?
If Tampa Bay knows that Stamkos body is completely ruined, yes. But the guy was on pace for 94 points until he got injured this season. Lecavalier was already in full decline when he got bought out.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Huh? 1 of the last 6 seasons. How can you bring up the 2012 and 2013 seasons as proof that something must be physically wrong with him? What major surgery is he going to have?

Stamkos is not going anywhere.
Please Doc explain how 2.47 ice time in 8 months supports he does not have a seriuos issue. He may well not go anywhere the question is can he be on the ice enough to contribute next season? The league is eyeing Dec 1 start date meaning camp will start in 5 weeks. Some big decisions need to be made. soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad