Value of: St Louis Blues roster

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
How much is even available. They were a top team before this weird covid half season where everyone got hurt.

honestly, I would think not much. IMO Army will wait till next season when everyone is healthy to assess where this team is at. you MIGHT see a Hoffman or Blais traded, but I doubt you see a Schwartz going anywhere

most of this is the 'sky is falling' crowd

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
honestly, I would think not much. IMO Army will wait till next season when everyone is healthy to assess where this team is at. you MIGHT see a Hoffman or Blais traded, but I doubt you see a Schwartz going anywhere

most of this is the 'sky is falling' crowd

Realistically I feel we stand pat. Any moves we make will be Army finding a mid/long term deal in these discount times and using that to upgrade.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Dunn and Blais would be a good add for the Habs playoff but we need to dump salary

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If the blues do become sellers I could see the following for sale

Hoffman
Schwartz
Dunn
Sanford
Blais
Bozak
Maybe barbashev

I'm intrigued by Hoffman, Schwartz and a Bozak return, because unlike the VAST majority of his previous stint Bozak would actually be properly cast behind Matthews and Tavares

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I'm intrigued by Hoffman, Schwartz and a Bozak return, because unlike the VAST majority of his previous stint Bozak would actually be properly cast behind Matthews and Tavares

What are you willing to offer for them? We can retain 50% on all three and maybe even bring in a capdump if it's only for this season to help with potential capissues.

Schwartz @50% 2.675.000
Bozak @50%= 2.500.000
Hoffman@50% 2.000.000

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Blues aren't blowing it up. Bozak and Hoffman will most likely go to the highest bidder. My guess is DA won't get good enough offers on Schwartz to end up moving him, as it'll just take a hot streak to get them back into the playoff picture (although that schedule does look brutal).

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Last edited:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
How bad is Parayko’s back?
Parayko to Winnipeg.... what’s the cost?
1st + Samberg + ????
Good question. Rumor is it's a herniated disc. People are being pretty tight-lipped about the specifics. As I noted elsewhere, let me know what you want for a 6' 6" defenseman who could be among the better defensemen in the league but whose back might be an issue.

Blues aren't blowing it up. Bozak and Hoffman will most likely go to the highest bidder. My guess is DA won't get good enough offers on Schwartz to end up moving him, as it'll just take a hot streak to get them back into the playoff picture (although that schedule does look brutal).
You should watch last night's game and ask yourself if that looks like a team that could reel off a hot streak with its remaining schedule to get back into the playoff picture.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
In the offseason...

Winnipeg Jets
Colton Parayko

St. Louis Blues
2022 1st
Dylan Samberg, 22 yr old, 6’3, LH LD/RD, $925k til ‘23/24
Dylan Samberg - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Andrew Copp, 26 yr old, 6’1, C/LW, RFA
Andrew Copp - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Kristian Vesalainen, 21 yr old, 6’3, LW/RW, $894+k til ‘22/23
Kristian Vesalainen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
I was genuinely confused why you were offering six players in a deal until I realized what the links were for.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You should watch last night's game and ask yourself if that looks like a team that could reel off a hot streak with its remaining schedule to get back into the playoff picture.

After Vegas, the Blues have easily been the 2nd best team the Avs have faced this season. Arizona doesn't have the easiest schedule either, so I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues squeaked in. I'll have no qualms if you guys decide to blow it up and end up missing the postseason though, as I much prefer an Arizona 1st round matchup (assuming the Avs end up 1st in the conference).

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
4. Arizona 43pts, 17 games remaining
5. San Jose 38pts, 19 games remaining
6. St. Louis 38pts, 18 games remaining (14/18 against COL, VGK, MIN)

This week:
- Arizona: LAK, VGK
- San Jose: ANA, LAK, LAK
- St. Louis: VGK, MIN, MIN

NHL Stanley Cup playoff chances and projected standings has each of their playoff odds at:
- Arizona: 60%
- San Jose: 20%
- St. Louis: 16%
(& LAK with the remainder)

Are they really going to hang onto Jaden Schwartz, risking losing him for nothing?

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Blues aren't blowing it up, but their UFA's (Schwartz, Hoffman, Bozak if anyone wants him) are fair game. Aside from some bottom 6 forwards, and maybe Dunn (but only if there's bad blood from contract talks), I don't see anyone else getting moved.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00