Value of: St Louis Blues roster

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
if we are trading Amirov, it should be for someone with term. i would be very disappointed if we traded him for a rental.
I'd say the same but if it were Schwartz I could live with it; he's really good & would be close to a perfect fit in my mind. With the expansion draft upcoming term would temporarily be less valuable.

On the bright side Dubas keeps his picks which we know he's very good with.

No chance I'd want to see the Leafs deal either of Sandin or Robertson though, especially not Robertson.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I didn’t make the offer, I was accepting it
this is true... but if it were me, I wouldn't. like I said, a 1st is great, but no use for Lily

IF they were to trade schwartz, which I don't beleive they will, I'd rather get back something we need. PF or a big RHD

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
this is true... but if it were me, I wouldn't. like I said, a 1st is great, but no use for Lily

IF they were to trade schwartz, which I don't beleive they will, I'd rather get back something we need. PF or a big RHD

I think Lily is a better version of Dunn and wouldn’t need protected.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario

buying-selling moves are usually not based on the selling teams current needs. as long as pure value is adequate, the deal would be made. not saying this one should. but selling teams dont usually shop for specific current roster needs while selling.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

A PF or RHD would be nice too. Don’t know their prospect pool well enough.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002

buying-selling moves are usually not based on the selling teams current needs. as long as pure value is adequate, the deal would be made. not saying this one should. but selling teams dont usually shop for specific current roster needs while selling.
The only way we're getting a "PF or big RHD" is if Schwartz is signing an extension somewhere. Do we really want that? That's why the point about pure value being adequate is more salient here, especially with Schwartz an impending UFA. If we're trying to trade him for current roster needs, we might as well not trade him at all.

If I'm putting Schwartz out on the market, I'm sure as hell not starting with something like "a 2nd and a 3rd." My asking price is a 1st, a solid prospect and another pick with conditions that could make it another 1st. There aren't any other 28-year old wingers on the market with a Cup to their name who are more than responsible offensively and defensively and comfortably fill a 2nd-pairing role and have a fairly reasonable cap hit; everything else that's available is a lesser piece IMO. Not saying that I'll get what I'm asking for, but I'd put that out as the ask and see what offers come back and work from there.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
This sens fan would be happy to see either Dunn or Blais added, or both.

For Dunn I'd offer Brannstrom as a starting point, it seems like they're not willing to give him ice time here for some reason.

For Blais I guess just pick a mutually agreeable piece/pick that fills the requirement.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
This is his first season scoring at a ppg pace and he’s only signed for a season and a half. I also didn’t think Liljegren was struggling. He was injured which effected his development but he was destroying the minors before and after and looked alright during his limited NHL exposure. We’re just fairly depth offensive d wise and thus we could afford to take our time with his development. Obviously Perron is better but he’s over 30 while Kerfoot is 26 and Lil is still a top prospect. I didn’t feel the value was that far off given what Kadri returned and the fact that Perron’s ppg season is a bit of an outlier(that’s not to say he can’t do it again because obviously I want him and think he’s great). What would you propose the Leafs add? Perhaps a second to that package?

What a deal for Toronto!
Last 3 season
Regular Season
Perron .87 Points Per Game .87
Nylander Points Per Game .71

Playoffs
Perron .71 PPG
Nylander .58 PPG

I dont mind Liljegren, but Kerfoot is junk on a terrible contract.
Perron for Lil and Robertson or Lil and a 1st is a fair deal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

For Dunn I'd offer Brannstrom as a starting point, it seems like they're not willing to give him ice time here for some reason.

For Blais I guess just pick a mutually agreeable piece/pick that fills the requirement.
Branstrom is junk. 1st or nothing

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
How much is even available. They were a top team before this weird covid half season where everyone got hurt.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I would be happy with thier second.

Have no problem offering a 2nd in place of Brannstrom. That's an asset I'd prefer to keep though he seems to be getting the shaft a bit regarding opportunity.

Assume you'd rather a pick for Blais as well, so would gladly offer a 2nd and 3rd for the pair.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

With Krug and Perunovich already, don't know that Brannstrom is a fit. Sens seem to have boatload of F prospects so would likely want to look there.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Have no problem offering a 2nd in place of Brannstrom. That's an asset I'd prefer to keep though he seems to be getting the shaft a bit regarding opportunity.

Assume you'd rather a pick for Blais as well, so would gladly offer a 2nd and 3rd for the pair.
I think two seconds would be fitting as Dunn is worth more than one second and blais about a third

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I think two seconds would be fitting as Dunn is worth more than one second and blais about a third

It wouldn't break my heart. Rather have young NHLers than lottery tickets. No argument here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad