Value of: St Louis Blues roster

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
After Vegas, the Blues have easily been the 2nd best team the Avs have faced this season. Arizona doesn't have the easiest schedule either, so I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues squeaked in. I'll have no qualms if you guys decide to blow it up and end up missing the postseason though, as I much prefer an Arizona 1st round matchup (assuming the Avs end up 1st in the conference).
I don't think we're blowing it up, but I don't see this roster getting into the postseason. There's just no fight in them, no drive, no hunger, no ... none of the stuff that drove us to the Cup in '19. It's not "just" goaltending, it's not "just" lack of defense, it's not "just" injuries. It's so many things, and thinking they'll get into the postseason is thinking so many of those things resolve themselves in a 180-like turnaround.

Some people just need to step away from the ledge a bit. Sometimes teams have an unlucky year with injuries and puck luck. It happens. Dump your UFAs and passengers for what you can get and prepare for next season. No need to completely gut the team and wander around the desert of lottery picks for the next 5 years.
This is the approach I advocate.

Are they really going to hang onto Jaden Schwartz, risking losing him for nothing?
I'd say it's 95% likely Schwartz will be back this summer, and the only reason he's not signed at the moment is because then the Blues would have to protect him in the expansion draft at the expense of someone else. That said, if you know Schwartz will come back in the summer do you go to him and ask if he'll go somewhere else for this postseason? I'd say yes, go ask him.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Some people just need to step away from the ledge a bit. Sometimes teams have an unlucky year with injuries and puck luck. It happens. Dump your UFAs and passengers for what you can get and prepare for next season. No need to completely gut the team and wander around the desert of lottery picks for the next 5 years.

Yup. They should do what they did with Stastny and unload Schwarz and Hoffman and get some picks. Reload in the off season.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Yup. They should do what they did with Stastny and unload Schwarz and Hoffman and get some picks. Reload in the off season.
I in no way implied that they should dump Schwartz. Dump the UFAs and passengers who have no future with this team. Schwartz doesn't fit that description.

Reactions: Colt55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad