St. John's Ice Caps: 2014-15 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

2. STJ Jaffray, (11) (Brouillette, Kichton), 6:10 (PP)
2. SPR Chaput, (10) (Gibbons, Anderson), 6:56
2. STJ Balisy, (20) (Armia), 7:58 (SH)
3. STJ Riley, (8) (Brassard, Brouillette), 8:32
3. SPR Dano, (11) (Collins, Heatherington), 10:12
3. SPR Adam, (16) (Milano), 18:31

Comrie 32/35 .914

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@cgballardsports: No sign of Comrie yet but there is another mystery goalie on the ice. Hmm... #IceCapsInsider

@cgballardsports: Mystery goalie is Ben Goss of the Southern Shore Breakers. #IceCapsInsider

@cgballardsports: With Budaj and Goss on the ice and no sign of Comrie, maybe the kid tweaked something last night? #IceCapsInsider

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
@cgballardsports: No sign of Comrie yet but there is another mystery goalie on the ice. Hmm... #IceCapsInsider

@cgballardsports: Mystery goalie is Ben Goss of the Southern Shore Breakers. #IceCapsInsider

@cgballardsports: With Budaj and Goss on the ice and no sign of Comrie, maybe the kid tweaked something last night? #IceCapsInsider

Maybe they bring him up to the big Club?:D

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'd agree,

He was solid tonight. Team played well all around. Jaffs was on wheels all night, Albert and Riley showed why they are fan favourites. I liked Armia's game.

A question, what is Mechiori's contract status. He had more turnovers than the Pillsbury dough boy. He was the only player I noticed mailing it in. I found him real solid last season, he has looked frustrated a lot this year.

Last year of his ELC. And next year, Morrissey and Kostalek will ask for ice time.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks like Comrie got injured last night. Didn't practice this morning, not dressed for the game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Budaj was 1:32 from his first win of the season but alas it wasn't meant to be

@IceCapsAHL: Falcons score and win it 4-3 in OT.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Now that the final game has been played I'd like to thank the people of St. John's for their support of our AHL team.

I'd also like to thank the HF Posters who followed the Ice Caps and gave us their thoughts and insights on our prospects.

I really hope you guys find and new partner to affiliate with after your agreement with the Habs runs out.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Thanks to st John's fans for the support of the Jets AHL team........ To bad this season was unlike last season with a long playoff run.....

I noticed this thread is nearing page 40 and post 1000...... Mods we should leave this one open for a couple days so people can say their good byes....... Then start a new thread for the New Wpg based AhL team..... I imagine the ice cap fans have already started to migrate to the Habs forum ..... To check on their new team

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
. I imagine the ice cap fans have already started to migrate to the Habs forum ..... To check on their new team

I'll be monitoring both for a very long time.

People have been talking about their favorite memory. I'll go back to game four of the first round of the 2011-2012 playoffs.

Icecaps vs Crunch (Ducks Affiliate) Loudest I ever heard the building. I could describe it, but watch the 4 minute clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWqip66kHY

Just listen to the crowd.

IceCaps won series 3-1 and advanced to play WBS.

Thanks again TNSE, best local hockey memories of my life.

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
I think some of us will be following both Winnipeg and the Icecaps next season.It be hard to not cheer some of the players ive grown to love.

Its been a great ride.Im grateful to Winnipeg for putting St.John's on the AHL map again,cause in all honesty without the Jets moving here the AHL was not coming back.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I never really posted here but I always enjoyed all the posts from the local fans that went to the games. Wish we could have ended on a high note but such is hockey. Good luck with the Habs!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

People have been talking about their favorite memory. I'll go back to game four of the first round of the 2011-2012 playoffs.

Icecaps vs Crunch (Ducks Affiliate) Loudest I ever heard the building. I could describe it, but watch the 4 minute clip

I think some of us will be following both Winnipeg and the Icecaps next season.It be hard to not cheer some of the players ive grown to love.

Its been a great ride.Im grateful to Winnipeg for putting St.John's on the AHL map again,cause in all honesty without the Jets moving here the AHL was not coming back.

We will miss you guys. The posting has been top notch and I have felt really connected to the caps. Loved the big run last spring that was a blast!!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm with ps:

Thank your for always keeping us updated! I also felt connected to the Ice Caps, especially last year when I watched 2/3 of their Calder Cup games :)

I learnt about Newfoundland and St. Johns. It seems like a place I could visit some day.

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
A few years ago we bed and breakfast all around Newfoundland.
The scenery and the people in your province was second to none.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

Found myself staring at my seat in that video...got chills again.Best of luck to the team. Find myself glued to watching Adam Lowry now. Guy struggled a bit at first here but I never thought he'd be this large of a part of your team. Best of luck to the jets

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
I wanted to get this in here before the thread closes.

In today's telegram there is a poll of 13 local sports types who voted on the Jets/IceCaps all time all star team.

Forwards

Jaffray 10 votes
O'Dell 9
Albert 9
Andrew Gordon 5
Mouillerat 4
Klingberg 1
Cormier 1

Defense

Chiarot 10
Redmond 8
Postma 4
O'Neil 3
Meech 1

I'd put Kulda and Festerling above O'Neill the doughboy

Goal

Hutch 12
Helle 1

No love for Pasquale surprises me

Best NHL prospect

Lowry 7
Morrissey 4
Redmond 1
Hellebuyck 1

As much as I like Lowry this year, I'd have voted for Morrissey for all the poise he exhibited in last years playoff run.

Most Underrated player

Cormier 4
Lipon 2
Mouillerat 2
Jason Hill 1.5
Blair Riley 1
Kevin Clark 1
Travis Ramsey 1 Woohoo!! Always loved his play
Josh Lunden 0.5

If I had a vote....

Forwards

O'Dell
Jaffray
Cormier edging out Albert who I admire a lot

Defense

Redmond
Chiarot edging out Postman

Goal

Hutch

Best prospect

Morrissey

Underrated

I could go with Kulda or Festerling, but I'd vote #2 Travis Ramsey

Shows how good that 2011-2012 defence was. Postman, Redmond, Kulda, Festerling Redmond, and Jason DeSantis. Chiarot only played 18 games, Mechiori 1.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Oh,

and for those who will continue to follow the IceCaps, a little birdie landed on my shoulder, and told me to expect that in the upcoming AHL realignment the IceCaps will be in a division with the Marlies, Amerks, and I assume other NY teams. Makes more sense than being in a NE division. Most teams travel to the Rock through Pearson, those NY teams are closer to TO than teams like Providence or Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad