St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Great game all around. Eddie let a bit of a softy in to tie the game off Hollands stick, but as I said on the Leafs board Holland shouldn't even be in the AHL. Guy was awesome to watch all night. At least we know the Caps can hold with the Marlies without key guys like Redmond and O'dell, IF we get either of these guys back then the team becomes that much better. O'neill was okay last night made some good plays made some awful ones.

Lipon-Lowry-Klingberg is becoming one of the best lines i've seen since the caps came here. Klingberg was so rattled with himself all game it was nice to see him score the 4th goal. Lowry didn't touch the second goal but I'm glad he got credit the way he played was great all weekend, he sems to be back. Lipon (just ordered the nameplate for my blank jersey I bought two years ago). Easily my favorite cap. Guy fights, chirps and scores. I see so much Brad Marchand in this guy

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
You were told that you would like Lipon. :D

I also enjoy Brassards game... He was a good player last night, look for him to get more time.

Interesting to see who doesn't fit in Maurices game plan up in the 'peg and who will get sent down. My bet is on either, wright, tango, or thornburn on D, Ellerby, Stuart.

And possible Pavelic haha

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
might be because he's only started playing hockey this year. Past few he's been a figure skater in hockey gear

Last year Klinger was on a team who's give a **** factor was zero. This year he finds himself on a line with Lowry and Lippy and my guess is it feels a bit different when your line mates will go threw a wall to win. Glad he is stepping up!

Last edited by a moderator:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Last year Klinger was on a team who's give a **** factor was zero. This year he finds himself on a line with Lowry and Lippy and my guess is it feels a bit different when your line mates will go threw a wall to win. Glad he is stepping up!

I was ready to write him off after last season - nice to see him stepping up!

Freed hutch.

Excellent! Was hoping he'd get a shot.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Win/win moving Hutch up.

Hutch can try and prove himself and show why he has suceeded in both AHL and ECHL levels consistently.

Olki can get some starts.

I think he could even *possibly* beat Pasquale for next years backup role.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
So, our lineup is going to be looking questionable against a very tough Monarchs team.

Who steps up to play with Lowry and Honey Badger?

(this is when it would have been nice to keep Zach O'brien or someone somewhat offensive on contract) any ECHL players worth calling up?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So, our lineup is going to be looking questionable against a very tough Monarchs team.

Who steps up to play with Lowry and Honey Badger?

(this is when it would have been nice to keep Zach O'brien or someone somewhat offensive on contract) any ECHL players worth calling up?

OK that Avy is gold!!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I cover the Monarchs and will be at both games in Manch this weekend. I'll try and pass on my thoughts on the Ice Caps but they won't be very detailed. Really excited to see Lowry play. Oh and Kichton too. Wanted the Kings to pick him last year.

Hey cnshockey are you covering the upcoming set of games for the Monarchs v the Ice Caps?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Hey cnshockey are you covering the upcoming set of games for the Monarchs v the Ice Caps?

Unfortunately no. I'm still in school, thus I only cover the Monarchs home games. But in case you guys weren't aware, Pearson, Vey, and Jones are in the NHL and Toffoli is back in the AHL so a bit of a different look from the Monarchs this weekend.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Unfortunately no. I'm still in school, thus I only cover the Monarchs home games. But in case you guys weren't aware, Pearson, Vey, and Jones are in the NHL and Toffoli is back in the AHL so a bit of a different look from the Monarchs this weekend.

Like I said over in your neck of the woods. Toffoli is enough to walk through our D. Holland did it easily last weekend. CNS I can try to do an update saturday over on the Monarchs board. Won't be at the other two but Im 99% percent sure front row sports will be streaming it

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Like I said over in your neck of the woods. Toffoli is enough to walk through our D. Holland did it easily last weekend. CNS I can try to do an update saturday over on the Monarchs board. Won't be at the other two but Im 99% percent sure front row sports will be streaming it

I watch the streams every now and then but really my work revolved around their home games, since there I've been able to break a few nice stories so far. Would love an update on your thoughts, and I'll try to remember to post mine on here next time the Ice Caps are in town.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks for they update now Don't you have to study?

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad