St. John's Ice Caps 2013 - 14 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lowry just set up Klingberg for a beauty. 9 points in the last 9 games for Lowry now.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ice Caps win 5-4 in shootout

Scoring
1. TOR MacLeod, (4) , 0:23
1. STJ Lowry, (5) (Lipon, Samson), 3:54
1. STJ Lowry, (6) (Mouillierat, O'Neill), 17:17 (PP)
2. STJ Cormier, (4) (Kichton, Gordon), 0:44
3. TOR Holland, (7) (Leivo, Abbott), 3:06 (PP)
3. STJ Klingberg, (11) (Lowry, Kichton), 9:43
3. TOR Brennan, (15) (Abbott, Leivo), 10:18 (PP)
3. TOR Holland, (8) (MacLeod), 12:02

SO Goals by

Samson
Mouillierat
Lipon

Shots 39-27 Marlies

jetkarma*

If you include the goal in the shoot out , Lipon got the Gordie Howe hat trick .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just got home from the game and I so needed this news. Really glad Lowry Lippy and Kichton are providing some hope.

up at em Caps

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Klingberg is quietly playing his way back to legitimate prospect status. Let's hope it continues. He could be a real interesting piece that could be nice in our bottom six, potentially.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I wonder if the Jets would consider sending Scheifele and Trouba down at the end of the season to help with a Cup run?

That would be a good move as long as they are not missing any time with the jets. Would be good for them to go on a bit of a run and get some experience of going on a deep playoff run in the AHL. I'm sure it would be quite the boost for the caps.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I wonder if the Jets would consider sending Scheifele and Trouba down at the end of the season to help with a Cup run?

Don't they have to spend a certain amount of time on STJ's roster to get on the AHL clear day roster (aka eligible to play in the AHL playoffs)?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Looks like they got rid of the clear day rosters last year and changed to this:

The AHL’s playoff roster deadline will be Monday, Apr. 22, at 3 p.m. ET, by which time all 16 playoff teams must submit to the league a list of playoff-eligible players. Only those players on a team’s playoff eligibility list, plus signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, are eligible to compete in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Players from lower professional leagues can also be added if they played in at least eight games in the AHL and/or a lower league in 2012-13.

AHL Clear Day roster restrictions have been removed. Any eligible player on a club’s roster may participate at any time during the remainder of the regular season and the Calder Cup Playoffs.

And per National Hockey League rules, only those players who have been recalled from an AHL club following the NHL trade deadline (Wednesday, Apr. 3 at 3 p.m. ET) may be returned to the AHL during the remainder of the season.

The bolded chunk would preclude Trouba and Schiefele unless the Jets sent them down and recalled them in a paper transaction to make them eligible.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg

I think so. I hope they do for the Olympic break too. Scheifele and Trouba have taken quite a lot of punishment though (Sheifele in general, Trouba with his neck injury). I wouldn't be surprised if they needed the time off, but I would like to see them play.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Don't they have to be sent down for at least 1 game before the NHL trade deadline in order to be eligible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad