SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDawg

Dec 6, 2023
That attack on Virgilio was a bit concerning…obv boulton looking…wrong guy to grab though, he’s not a fighter at all and clearly wanted nothing to do with it and did nothing to provoke it. This is where they’re going to miss clattenburg.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
and did nothing to provoke it.
Virgilio dummied Boulton in front of the net with a nice clean check 5 seconds prior. We were killing them on the scoreboard and beating Boulton at his own game as he was quite ineffective in the game. I would have been more shocked if Boulton just skated off for a line change than I was with the results of that play. Boulton's ego was hurt and that's all the provoking that was needed.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_4065.jpeg

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Virgilio dummied Boulton in front of the net with a nice clean check 5 seconds prior. We were killing them on the scoreboard and beating Boulton at his own game as he was quite ineffective in the game. I would have been more shocked if Boulton just skated off for a line change than I was with the results of that play. Boulton's ego was hurt and that's all the provoking that was needed.
He plays 4 minutes a night. Half of which come when the game is out of reach either way. He's out there for one reason & one reason only. -13 on the leagues best team at 19 years old. 3 suspensions in 32 games.

Biggest joke in the league. Embarrassing quite frankly.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
How does Gibson not even get a star ?
He was a force on the backend as always and even busted out a big offensive night.

As usual, Gibson stays probably the most underrated player in the league.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I’ve seen an innocent enough push on the shoulder that happens every game result in a broken leg and 14 game suspension
Hounds fans have seen that too, but innocent? Probably better characterized as dangerous against a vulnerable player.

Are you equating this play with the hit on Dickinson? Quite the stretch.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
How does Gibson not even get a star ?
He was a force on the backend as always and even busted out a big offensive night.

As usual, Gibson stays probably the most underrated player in the league.
Gibson will disprove this underrated theory next deadline when the Hounds get a haul for him.

Reactions: 93MemCup

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I opened up the London page and salt started to pour out of my charging port.

What do I do?
Great question. George forgets about playing hockey and instead tries auditioning for performance theatre (didn't get a call-back). Pretty much solely responsible for Gibson's SHG as the last man back and also gets a penalty, and tossed from the game on the same play. The perfect trifecta. And London fans convinced they were somehow wronged by it all?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
they've been coddled by officials for so long they have a tough time acknowledging the greasy brand of hockey they play. they aren't handling the blowout loss well... just let them stew on it lol

Reactions: Bear54 and 93MemCup

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I don't really interact with their chat but the ones that comment on ours have always been cool.

ive seen some crazy things on Twitter today from knights fans that led me to believe some of them might need a wellness check

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The Hounds managed to elevate their game against the best team in the league. Not hard to get up to play in the Bud against the Knights on a 23 game point streak. Tomorrow we find out if they can do it against the worst team in the league. That will be a real challenge.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The Hounds managed to elevate their game against the best team in the league. Not hard to get up to play in the Bud against the Knights on a 23 game point streak. Tomorrow we find out if they can do it against the worst team in the league. That will be a real challenge.
We just did that a week ago, but hopefully we can also do it against the second worst team.

Reactions: 93MemCup

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
At the time of my posting, Windsor was dead last.
I didn't even look at the standings, that was just my opinion. Niagara is actually last in win percentage, however.

The Eastern Conference is so absolutely dreadful this year that Niagara and Peterborough would be a lot worse over here. Their only contender (Sudbury) can barely stay ahead of a team that moved cities and sold at the deadline. A team that looked Junior B in my viewings (Oshawa) is unbelievably in a home playoff spot. We're used to seeing them being much worse than the West, but this is on a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille