SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It really cannot be a standard, they have tried unsuccessfully to standardize blind-side hits and slew-footing.
I think this is true for slewfooting, but not blindsiding. Slewfooting has automatic match penalty, but blindsiding does not?

Rule 41B - Blindsiding
41B.1 Blindsiding - The act of checking an opponent from the “blindside”. If a player checks an opponent with significant force who is reaching for a loose puck (the opponent is therefore considered vulnerable), it shall be classified as charging or interference.
41B.2 Minor Penalty – A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player who checks an opponent from the “blindside”.
41B.3 Major plus Game Misconduct Penalty – At the discretion of the referee and based on the degree of violence a major penalty and a game misconduct can be assessed any player who checks an opponent from the “blindside”.
41B.4 Match Penalty – A match penalty shall be assessed to any player who deliberately attempts to injure an opponent by checking him from the “blindside”.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I have never seen a slewfooting major that wasn't given a suspension, unless review determined that it wasn't actually a slewfoot.

I would like to see an example of this before I believe that it is not always an automatic suspension.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1713896224315.png

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I have never seen a slewfooting major that wasn't given a suspension, unless review determined that it wasn't actually a slewfoot.

I would like to see an example of this before I believe that it is not always an automatic suspension.
Any slew foot on the score sheet is 5 min and match, but many times their has been no game(s) served.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Looking at the refs. Sean Reid & Darcy Burchell, Reid tends to let players settle it
themselves won't call the hacks & wacks, and after play scrums will be in abundance.
Darcy Burchell is very unpredictable, don't know what will get from him.
both very experienced refs.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think this is true for slewfooting, but not blindsiding. Slewfooting has automatic match penalty, but blindsiding does not?
I believe there was a blindsiding crack down about 5-6 years ago where the ref could call 2 or 5, with a major having an automatic match attached

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Looking at the refs. Sean Reid & Darcy Burchell, Reid tends to let players settle it
themselves won't call the hacks & wacks, and after play scrums will be in abundance.
Darcy Burchell is very unpredictable, don't know what will get from him.
both very experienced refs.
Good analogy. Reid sometimes forgets he has a whistle and Burchell blows his to make sure everyone knows he's there and in charge.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Any slew foot on the score sheet is 5 min and match, but many times their has been no game(s) served.
Do you have an example or some sort of clarification? The official rules state it's an automatic suspension and I've never seen that not be the case.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Good thing they kept him in instead of the minority saying he had to sit. So times the staff actually knows.
Good luck tonight. Just want a close competitive game from the outside but leaning towards the London area connection in SSM. McB bros n D'Intino.....arms reach connections to both.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindSooNet

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Unfortunately Brodie has had to watch from the stands this series.
Saw that. Still.part of the group. More a family thing with a direct hockey connection to the eldest who captained local JrB team after Maj midget. Parents great peeps from my interactions ( how ya schedule, chauffeur, pay for 3 kids playing aaa hockey is beyond my understanding lol )
The OA, did some time with age groups ahead of him n know his dad.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
ho
Allard didn't play the 3rd last game. Got checked awkwardly into the boards by Mangone halfway through the 2nd. Finished the period.

hopefully nothing serious. as hard as I've been on him since Xmas we need his legs and physicality next series if we we close things out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad