SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
keys to victory in game 7 :
1. stay out of the penalty box.
2. do not give up odd man rushes 2-1 & 3-2.
3. throw pucks on net, get to the front of there net as much as possible, do not play perimeter hockey
try to score some greasy goals.
4. Schenkel needs to keep playing like he has.
5. control emotions, play a strong road game.

good assessment. i'll add:

7. control the house in front of schenkel, at times it's been too easy for saginaw's forwards in front of our net.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
i assume tbd will be updated after tonights game. or maybe not, lol. assuming it's 5 games, it'll just be game 5 of regular season, or it could be tbd until half way through next round if they win this one.
depending on if london loses one of the first couple of games.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Indefinite suspension for Guo. Still baffling that they suspend him and not Parekh for a worse infraction of the same nature, but oh well. Hope Hayes is OK.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and Otto

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
keys to victory in game 7 :
1. stay out of the penalty box.
2. do not give up odd man rushes 2-1 & 3-2.
3. throw pucks on net, get to the front of there net as much as possible, do not play perimeter hockey
try to score some greasy goals.
4. Schenkel needs to keep playing like he has.
5. control emotions, play a strong road game.
Play physical and finish all checks. Saggy is a different team when they are hit.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Game 1,2,3 Saginaw's defense was listed as this:
Donovan - Guo
Hache - Parekh
Dionicio - Bishop

Forgione has drawn in the last three games (first for Parekh, then for Hache's two game suspension). Glavin I believe skated the warmup last game as the 19th skater before being scratched but might draw in tonight if Parekh can't go - and Bishop would be the only right shot on the back end.

Their right side defense might be a real weakness. Let's see how much chip and chase happens down to the right of Lalonde.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Nope... not arguing against making players accountable for injuring players at all. I'm all for it. I'd say 20 games for a first time head shot offender and it escalates from there.
problem is consistency when determining the infraction and discipline is subjective; Arnsby gets 6 games, Lawrence 5, McConnel-Barker none. I don’t consider any of the three deliberate head shots, but all three resulted in injury due to head contact.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
problem is consistency when determining the infraction and discipline is subjective; Arnsby gets 6 games, Lawrence 5, McConnel-Barker none. I don’t consider any of the three deliberate head shots, but all three resulted in injury due to head contact.
100% consistency is currently an issue. As it would with the "sit 'em out the length of the injury" rule. That's why they should make it a standard number of games that escalates and doesn't reset for the playoffs or following seasons. Honestly you get to this level you should know better..but it still happens as well as the NHL. Punish them so they learn

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
100% consistency is currently an issue. As it would with the "sit 'em out the length of the injury" rule. That's why they should make it a standard number of games that escalates and doesn't reset for the playoffs or following seasons. Honestly you get to this level you should know better..but it still happens as well as the NHL. Punish them so they learn
Deliberate and incidental head contact would need to be separate infractions, but that still leaves the element of subjectivity.
It really cannot be a standard, they have tried unsuccessfully to standardize blind-side hits and slew-footing.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
Game 1,2,3 Saginaw's defense was listed as this:
Donovan - Guo
Hache - Parekh
Dionicio - Bishop

Forgione has drawn in the last three games (first for Parekh, then for Hache's two game suspension). Glavin I believe skated the warmup last game as the 19th skater before being scratched but might draw in tonight if Parekh can't go - and Bishop would be the only right shot on the back end.

Their right side defense might be a real weakness. Let's see how much chip and chase happens down to the right of Lalonde.
I think Saginaw played with 7 D last game. Glavin was in the lineup and I think Moore was the last scratch after the warmup.

Reactions: HockeyPops

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
Do you know what the pairings were at the end of the game with Parekh and Guo out?
They started the third with Donovan Guo then after the Guo fight things got mixed up alot. But I think it was something like
Donovan - Guo
Forgione - Dionicio
Glavin - Bishop

Donovan played a ton. Him and Dionicio also got put together for a lot of offensive zone starts.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Deliberate and incidental head contact would need to be separate infractions, but that still leaves the element of subjectivity.
It really cannot be a standard, they have tried unsuccessfully to standardize blind-side hits and slew-footing.
If you watch the video, you'll see with reasonable certainty that McConnell-Barker did not make contact with Oke's head. That would surely explain why there was no suspension.

The inconsistency goes both ways. The lack of a suspension for Parekh after game 5 is easily the most inexplicable call of this series. It was more predatory and dangerous than Guo's play.

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Do you know what the pairings were at the end of the game with Parekh and Guo out?
I know Saginaw was killing off the major penalty at the end of the games, but looks like the D pairs to end the game were:
Donovan - Bishop
Dionicio - Forgione
Donovan - Bishop
Glavin - Bishop
Glavin - Dionicio
Donovan - Dionicio
Forgione - Glavin

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I know Saginaw was killing off the major penalty at the end of the games, but looks like the D pairs to end the game were:
Donovan - Bishop
Dionicio - Forgione
Donovan - Bishop
Glavin - Bishop
Glavin - Dionicio
Donovan - Dionicio
Forgione - Glavin
You know Donovan and Dionicio are going to get 30+ minutes each so it's really important to use our superior depth to wear them down. I think that Forgione is a very good player, but they don't give him many minutes.

They have been playing Hache mostly against our rookies in the bottom 6, so it's a good opportunity for our top guys to face more of Bishop and Glavin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad