SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I'm surprised no one has asked me who wins game 7.
Soo win, and player to watch is G. Hayes.
You're welcome.
Soo wins with BMB scoring the GWG good ol London boy to add to it ZP will be crying

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
a
a doctor providing a phony diagnosis is illegal no matter the context. that's nothing to do with hockey, just verifiable fact.

it's fair game to debate the merits of injury informed suspensions but it feels like you're wandering into non sequitur territory with this train of thought lol.
Doesn't have to be phony. One can go to 3 docs n get 3 different POVs. Seen it happen as my partner works in Peds Oncology. (no idea how she does that, geesh)
Seen it with kids getting "ok to return to play" notes from medical professionals.. Had one parent admit they went to 5 docs til they got a letter clearing the kid to return to play in an opening season MM aaa tourney ( he didn't play or I woulda quit )

Reactions: Otto

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Hey, did you hear Jeff Carter recently retired?
After all these years, Carter was my favourite (current) NHL player. Loved his quick release as a Hound back in the early 2000's at the old Memorial Gardens. Now who's gonna be my favourite NHL player?

Could possibly be the next Greyhound to have his # retired.

Reactions: nelli27

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I'm just going to throw this out there, I don't think the Hounds have been outplayed to this point in the series.
It sounds silly, but ai think game 1 ŵas one of our best performances. Saginaw has more talent than us, but they are really, really beat up. Game 7 is a coin flip, but London will decimate them if they get through. The Hounds aren't the most physical of teams, but are really wearing them down.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

8 games, including World Junior games. We'll see what happens with Guo. The Parekh play was more predatory and dangerous than this one and there was no suspension, so I'm not holding my breath
Hate to be that guy but parekh would get a slap on the wrist if he took off his skate and stabbed someone with it. Absolutely unreal. No wonder the kid has attitude problems. Also doesn’t sign autographs even for young kids. Stand up guy.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
a
a doctor providing a phony diagnosis is illegal no matter the context. that's nothing to do with hockey, just verifiable fact.

it's fair game to debate the merits of injury informed suspensions but it feels like you're wandering into non sequitur territory with this train of thought lol.
Conveniently omitted the second part of the post in order to meet your narrative, but ok. Fact is, there is no way to prevent any shenanigans from happening which is why it's a ridiculous concept

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
They can't even figure out LTIR and it's salary cap implications in the NHL. I don't have any hope that they will figure this out.

Reactions: rve24

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Conveniently omitted the second part of the post in order to meet your narrative, but ok. Fact is, there is no way to prevent any shenanigans from happening which is why it's a ridiculous concept
I think subjecting the league to future lawsuits for failing to protect players from thugs like Sawyer Boulton is a ridiculous concept. call it an impasse.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
1713879572243.png

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
they don't want to commit to 5+ games unless saginaw moves on to be served in the Western Conference finals.

if they lose tonight they'll pivot and say it will be served at the start of next season.

that's my prediction.

Now who's being silly 🤣

i dunno my guy. you're in another teams thread arguing against making players accountable for injuring people. i suspect it's no coincidence the league's dirtiest player is on your team.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
they don't want to commit to 5+ games unless saginaw moves on to be served in the Western Conference finals.

if they lose tonight they'll pivot and say it will be served at the start of next season.

that's my prediction.

i dunno my guy. you're in another teams thread arguing against making players accountable for injuring people. i suspect it's no coincidence the league's dirtiest player is on your team.
Nope... not arguing against making players accountable for injuring players at all. I'm all for it. I'd say 20 games for a first time head shot offender and it escalates from there.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
keys to victory in game 7 :
1. stay out of the penalty box.
2. do not give up odd man rushes 2-1 & 3-2.
3. throw pucks on net, get to the front of there net as much as possible, do not play perimeter hockey
try to score some greasy goals.
4. Schenkel needs to keep playing like he has.
5. control emotions, play a strong road game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad