SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
nice to see beck get one. hopefully they finish strong and Charlie slams the door.

let's score one early in the 3rd and sink them.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So I don't believe they were reviewing the play for the penalty shot. Soo bench ask them to look and see if the Soo had scored on that play and it was very close to the puck crossing the line. Carry on.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Well, knotted at 2 games a piece, game 5 tied 2-2 in OT. Dead even, and a great series.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Allard is my pick.

Lazary's decision to only play 2 lines for much of the game is hurting them. They look a little tired.

• Haha
Reactions: Agent 53

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
You can’t say we didn't have our chances. Full credit to LaLonde and the Saginaw defenders for limiting second chances. We have to find a way to convert when we are dominating them for long stretches, like in overtime.

Saginaw capitalized on a gift powerplay and the lone chance of the final period. If we did things like that, it would be a different result. Credit to them.

It's hard to say how the enormous blown call on Parekh factored into the result. We can only hope that he will face a lengthy suspension for yet another extremely cowardly and troubling incident from a player with a long history of such things.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
You can’t say we didn't have our chances. Full credit to LaLonde and the Saginaw defenders for limiting second chances. We have to find a way to convert when we are dominating them for long stretches, like in overtime.

It's hard to say how the enormous blown call on Parekh factored into the result. We can only hope that he will face a lengthy suspension for yet another extremely cowardly and troubling incident from a player with a long history of such things.
I didn’t see the Hounds dominating for long stretches. In the overall, our breakouts were haphazard and our passing errant.

Saginaw was the better club this eve, IMO.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Allard is my pick.

Lazary's decision to only play 2 lines for much of the game is hurting them. They look a little tired.
The people were right with your takes “they look tired”…….goal, game over.

Maybe they will sit Parekh again for shits and giggles.

• Haha
Reactions: DWI Dale

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The people were right with your takes “they look tired”…….goal, game over.

Maybe they will sit Parekh again for shits and giggles.
Saginaw capitalized on their chances. Tired teams win games sometimes. Good game by them.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
after the 1st period the hounds were good but not good enough.
When I saw the shot difference in the 1st but no lead I thought, "oh boy here comes an all star performance from Soo's goalie. We're done." He's making the nahsayers look foolish. Surprised this was the first game to go to OT in the series.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
After watching the game, I'd be totally in favour of skipping the national anthems and naming 3 stars.

Both have become irrelevant.

Attachments

• 20240419_221019.jpg
    20240419_221019.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I don’t mean to rag on the boys, but man oh man we make the game extra difficult for ourselves with poor passing.

It leads to extra scares in our end and kills productivity in the other, makes o-zone entries tough. Wasted energy…

We’re not ideally built for dump’n’chase…

It’s the second round of the playoffs and the passing should be better.

Saginaw is pretty good positionally, and Guelph was ok in that regard, but the multitude of unforced bad passes had my bp escalating.

Reactions: DWI Dale

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Saginaw deserves their win. From an organizational standpoint, I think the Soo is proving their worth. Saginaw had about 8 additions this year (as they should, memorial cup host) vs the Greyhounds 3. This is excluding Jack Beck but also Hache and Bishop for the Spirit. When you put those into perspective, the Spirit is at about 10 vs. 4. I think the way the series has gone up speaks volumes as to the success our organization presents.
Basically, our home grown roster is going toe to toe with the memorial cup hosts who were forced to make 10+ moves to prove themselves. To me, that is a huge exclamation mark and represents how proud we should be of our org top to bottom. Cheers everyone on a fantastic series. It isn’t over yet! Let’s give them the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fischhaber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad