SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It was actually 2 minutes and 47 seconds and Dezoete didn’t even physically touch him. Hache’s father has figured out how to refract light in OHL arenas to make “appear” as though players are committing infractions against his son’s team thus, putting him on the power play.
I never even said it wasn't a penalty. It was just an oddity, you rarely see refs take such a long time.

The refs have been fine tonight. A couple missed things here and there, but they kept the extracurriculars under control.

Reactions: 93MemCup

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Again, I'll say, when Schenkel makes his first 10 -12 saves of the game (no matter how long it takes)...... he has a great game and gives our Hounds a good chance to win.

As for tonight, our top players were just that. They were our top players. We're all gonna see at least 2 more games, with these 2 great teams battling.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
If charlie didn't see the puck as a beach ball tonight, I'd be surprised. I haven't seem him that focused ever. He was exceptional tonight.

Bryce was fantastic. Our defence was fantastic. Frasca is a Mac truck.

And i have said it before, but I have to say it again. Brady Martin is going to be a gem. I don't remember a 16 year old in the soo since thornton that has his skill set, and the physicality to go with it. He is not afraid to hit, or get hit, and make smart, smart plays. Excited for this kids future.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
As a reminder, here's a story on when Keeghan Howdeshell was suspended for a play that wasn't penalized and could only very loosely be described as a slewfoot.

This play on Mignosa is much more cut and dry. It was called a slewfoot and it is one. I kind of feel for Hache, as I don't think it was really intentional and could very well be his last play in this league, but I also want to see consistency on the league's part. These plays are always suspensions, even if they are unintentional and in the playoffs. That's the standard that has been set rightly or wrongly.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Feel free to roast me 🤣. I hope he can finally string together 2 consecutive good games.
Sorry! I’m honestly not roasting. Just catching up on the banter. It was night and day for Charlie in games 3 and 4. Seems like a roll of the dice on the way he plays. I agree with you though! I’d love for him to stay locked in!

Reactions: Fischhaber

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
GensUpdates continues to do his thing on twitter. Not linking to it because it's not worthy of extra clicks it's so ridiculous, but,

lol, wut?
Yea he blocked me on twitter for just asking a few questions on why he was so biased. Why does he care about other series’? The Gens have deffs had the easiest schedule out of all the playoff teams in the O (🤣). Hates the Hounds too for no reason.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
After Saginaw refused all media requests for interviews after Game 3, the Ontario Hockey League, following multiple complaints from local media – who pointed to league policy – informed the Spirit not doing interviews was not an option for them.

Head coach Chris Lazary made himself available on Wednesday and, though brief, did say he felt “we played well both nights. We just couldn’t find a way to get a puck in the net tonight.”

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
  • Haha
Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Maybe the most surprising thing to me about this series so far is the poor pp by the Spirit. Their pp all regular season seemed pretty good (3rd best league wide), but actually only running at 16.1% in the playoffs - lowest of any of the 8 remaining teams. Even though much noise has been made about supposed lop sided officiating and # of penalties, probably a more important storyline is the Spirit's inability to cash in on those opportunities.

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Maybe the most surprising thing to me about this series so far is the poor pp by the Spirit. Their pp all regular season seemed pretty good (3rd best league wide), but actually only running at 16.1% in the playoffs - lowest of any of the 8 remaining teams. Even though much noise has been made about supposed lop sided officiating and # of penalties, probably a more important storyline is the Spirit's inability to cash in on those opportunities.
You raise a good point HP. I do believe it has much to do with the PK play of the Hounds. The two units have been great. Game four, large factor along with Hounds executing on PK was the absence of 19. Saggy did look out of place on the man advantage.

Cheers!

Reactions: OHLfan200

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
not surprised by the sud/nb series at all.

in some of the hounds meetings this year North Bay was an incredibly tough match up. they were physical and well structured. perhaps on paper they don't have the marquee stars of the wolves, but they are well coached and very hard on the puck.

i'm also not surprised by sudbury. earlier in the year it was suggested there was some apparent red flags (much to the chagrin of some sudbury fans who felt slighted). they have a few stars that often play as individuals and dinosaur of a coach. not a good recipe for the post-season imo.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
D'Intino 2nd in playoff goals with 7, two behind Wakely. He continues to be the finisher that we have desperately needed.

Remember how important 3rd line centre Verbeek was to the 2017-2018 Hounds, and how many (including myself) believed losing him might have cost the Hounds the championship? D'Intino might be even more important to this team than Verbeek was to that team.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
D'Intino 2nd in playoff goals with 7, two behind Wakely. He continues to be the finisher that we have desperately needed.

Remember how important 3rd line centre Verbeek was to the 2017-2018 Hounds, and how many (including myself) believed losing him might have cost the Hounds the championship? D'Intino might be even more important to this team than Verbeek was to that team.
Secondary scoring is everything in the playoffs. You’re absolutely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad