SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
If someone says I don’t want to speak to you, go away. Just go away.

he's a journalist. are we condoning threats now?

c'mon dirty, i know you're pretty level headed, there's no excuse for threatening local media. if you can't handle questions from a reporter after a game you have no business coaching at this level, let alone as a memorial cup host.

not to mention the GFL Memorial Gardens is a publicly owned property where nobody, let alone an American citizen has the right to tell ANYBODY to leave. if you want privacy go cower in your hotel room Lazary.

Last edited:
Reactions: staubitz

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
he's a journalist. are we condoning threats now? c'mon dirty, i know you're pretty level headed, there's no excuse for threatening local media. if you can't handle questions from a reporter after a game you have no business coaching at this level.
It seems this particular journalist does not understand the meaning of no. It’s up to the league to make representatives of teams available to the media.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
It seems this particular journalist does not understand the meaning of no. It’s up to the league to make representatives of teams available to the media.

ya i'm not feeling you on this. unless brad was kicking down the door to the locker room he did nothing wrong. hopefully this bus driver has been sent home and hopefully Lazary develops a spine. there's no room for snowflakes in the playoffs. i'm starting to think Saginaw's coach is 10-ply.

Reactions: Jay R

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
They are supposed to be made available after games to the media it's the team and coach that choose not to be made available as was stated he's done this before and has been fined for doing it. It comes with the job win or loose speaking to the media

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They are supposed to be made available after games to the media it's the team and coach that choose not to be made available as was stated he's done this before and has been fined for doing it. It comes with the job win or loose speaking to the media
So the tough or trouble causing reporter should take it upon himself to make things right?
Really, just go away; then take your complaint to the authority that can fine or suspend if warranted.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
It's literally his job. Brad isn't the villain here.
The mental midget threatening violence is.

The end.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
LOL. OK dirty. I can see you're on team mental midget. i'm a little disappointed in your take but carry on.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Isaac Asimov
The reporter clearly over stepped his boundary. It is up to the league to ensure media has access

Reactions: Jay R

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
The reporter clearly over stepped his boundary. It is up to the league to ensure media has access

repeating yourself over and over will not make your take any less garbage. lol

That’s my take away. Bus driver was cos playing as security. Drinkell and Co came in to defuse the situation. Not cool to threaten people.

Thanks for the grownup take KP.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHLTG

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
So the tough or trouble causing reporter should take it upon himself to make things right?
Really, just go away; then take your complaint to the authority that can fine or suspend if warranted.
I don't think the reporter was causing the problem the bus driver caused the problem the reporter was trying to do his job that he is told by the league he has Access to the teams following games.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Or maybe they were both wrong?

Yeah threatening him not great. Shouldn’t have done it. But do we honestly think he threatened him the first time they had contact? Of course not. Laz didn’t want to talk to him and brad didn’t take no for an answer and the bus driver tried shooing him away. As a professional reporter does he think this is going to help him get Saginaw media access in the future?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
was there a specific incident that spawned his unwillingness to speak with the press?
is it isolated to soo media or is he like this everywhere?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
was there a specific incident that spawned his unwillingness to speak with the press?
is it isolated to soo media or is he like this everywhere?
As far as I can tell this is the first time he’s been closed off like this. Don’t know why now. Could be that he just doesn’t feel like doing interviews period win or lose. Could be something else. Don’t know.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
As far as I can tell this is the first time he’s been closed off like this. Don’t know why now. Could be that he just doesn’t feel like doing interviews period win or lose. Could be something else. Don’t know.
Sometimes Deboer would stay in the room if he wasn't happy with the game. Can't remember if he ever did it in play offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad