• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don't know why, but I'm getting Anisimov vibes from Chytil. A lot of tricks in his bag. Just gotta stay healthy. He's low key great.

I don't know if that's a compliment. Anisimov always left us wanting more. He had a lot of skill but never put it together.

Laf is going to have a better year than kakko who might just be a really good two way 40-45 pt player. Like I said I’m ready for Kane to displace him in the top 6

Not as a #2 overall pick but if he were a #20 a bigger, better Fast would be a fantastic player to get.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
If Kane is willing to sign a cheapo contract and we boot Wheeler to the moon then it's an obvious upgrade. Kane has made $10.5M for a near decade now. With how much his investments would have turned in the last 10 years, he's gotta be worth at least $100M even with the P Kane spending habits. How much of a difference does $2-3M pretax mean to him? If we gave him the ice time he'd sign with us but I'm not sure if that's going to be possible with him. He knows he'd be taking over for Wheeler who is already in the dog house. Buffalo would need to crater by Dec and Kane would give up on going home cus no playoffs for Sabres. That would help our chances.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Laf is going to have a better year than kakko who might just be a really good two way 40-45 pt player. Like I said I’m ready for Kane to displace him in the top 6
Imo my only reason for bringing Kane is if Wheeler doesn't drop the cinder blocks and get moving and even then i think id rather just bring up Othmann after Christmas.

Deadly 3rd line of Cuylle trochek Othmann would be hard to play against.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Imo my only reason for bringing Kane is if Wheeler doesn't drop the cinder blocks and get moving and even then i think id rather just bring up Othmann after Christmas.

Deadly 3rd line of Cuylle trochek Othmann would be hard to play against.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious you make Othmann the 'yearly trade deadline winger acquisition'. If it fails, let him do another year in the A. Not a big deal at all. A big cup of coffee is ok.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
How annoying is the son Jonah and his Conehead teeth in that movie?
He was just annoying in general. It was a bad casting choice. Like, they couldn't find Macaulay Culkin during that era?

• Haha
Reactions: Cmox

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Team as a collective has split personality issues - I should not say this in a surprised fashion - years as a Rangers fan, it ain't your first rodeo.

Starting at 4 in the bloody morning is great, although, I think Calgary is 3:45. Yay!

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Team as a collective has split personality issues - I should not say this in a surprised fashion - years as a Rangers fan, it ain't your first rodeo.

Starting at 4 in the bloody morning is great, although, I think Calgary is 3:45. Yay!
Plenty of us expected hiccups from installing a system for the first time since AV.

Reactions: bhamill

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I haven’t read the whole thread so maybe someone mentioned it already, but despite so many calling for a shakeup of lines, I liked that Lav is let them play through the bad game and stayed together for this one. No panic after a poor performance. I also like the carrot of extra plying time he dangles for Bread. The guy loves to play, so when he’s playing hard give him the double shift here and there. Good coaching

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Even if we lose some stinkers and aren't a great team, just a good one, I like the way they seem to be interacting with each other in the room, on the bench and in practice. They seem a little more loose and close, but with a stricter coach. Kinda interesting.

Also, Lavi seems to like a few guys to say things to the team after a game. Gets guys out of the shadows and into the fight.

Maybe we will suck, but I just like the team more.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Even if we lose some stinkers and aren't a great team, just a good one, I like the way they seem to be interacting with each other in the room, on the bench and in practice. They seem a little more loose and close, but with a stricter coach. Kinda interesting.

Also, Lavi seems to like a few guys to say things to the team after a game. Gets guys out of the shadows and into the fight.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I see the system clearly in place at times, and when it’s there I also see us dominating.
You can def see the system... and when it works... we def dominate.

That said... I'm curious what happens when we run into a well coached team that knows how to break the 1-3-1 with speed.

Fortunately, the main way to break the 1-3-1 is to dump and make the rear d-man turn and recover, and we happen to run a 1-3-2 (when Shesterkin is playing) so that should help a lot.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Panarin is still really good. That line is cooking, that was a really great game from that unit.

I had hoped that Chytil's speed and ability to cut through the neutral zone would open up some options for Panarin.

He still isn't perfect when it comes to receiving forward passes on his backhand, but that should improve with practice.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018

Former Philadelphia Flyer Kimmo Timonen hosts a hockey podcast. When talking about our coaching change he gave a lot of credit to Laviolette about ensuring that the players not only got along but also had each other's backs, making the locker room a very tight one.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'm hearing on the wire that those lights in the Kraken's building just came back on -- by themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: Lua

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm hearing on the wire that those lights in the Kraken's building just came back on -- by themselves.
36e3d85f86280a1e312afacc992fb94d.w3000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad