Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training is over. The season begins today

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
They are limiting him to 3 innings a start so that when they call him up they can use him as a starter and for the rest of the season
That doesn't change the fact that he'd be their best or 2nd best pitcher overall. They could easily have him throw 3 innings behind their 5th starter every time.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Why cry about sign stealing unless Jays were using technology? Sign stealing that involves the men in the dugout and on the field is fair game. Is there some guy in the stands? And like I mentioned above, what signs? Everybody is using pitchcom.

The man in white is back! This time he's hacking their pitchcom!

sign-stealing-TORSTAR.jpeg

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Another home run for Orelvis Martinez. He’s up to an ops of 1.002

Also, Manoah is on the mound. He’s already given up 2 runs in the 1st.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
How long does Manoah have on his rehab stint? gotta be getting close to a month since he began the season on the IL?

Do they just throw him back in the gauntlet even if Yariel Rodrigues keeps pitching well? I guess we find out tonight.

Manoah still has options so they can just keep him in Buffalo, right?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
How long does Manoah have on his rehab stint? gotta be getting close to a month since he began the season on the IL?

Do they just throw him back in the gauntlet even if Yariel Rodrigues keeps pitching well? I guess we find out tonight.

Manoah still has options so they can just keep him in Buffalo, right?
He still has options so they can keep him down there as long as they like.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Orelvis looks like a legitimately exciting middle of the order bat. You don’t see too many non-1B infielders these days with his kind of power.

Also good to see Manoah have a solid outing.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Orelvis looks like a legitimately exciting middle of the order bat. You don’t see too many non-1B infielders these days with his kind of power.

Also good to see Manoah have a solid outing.

Was going to say this. Went from SS to 3B and now is playing an awful 2B. So unfortunate but if that’s a legit 120+ wRC+ power bat, I take it no problem if it’s a 1B/DH. Could be Vlad’s long term replacement

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Was going to say this. Went from SS to 3B and now is playing an awful 2B. So unfortunate but if that’s a legit 120+ wRC+ power bat, I take it no problem if it’s a 1B/DH. Could be Vlad’s long term replacement

I do wonder if he could Soler his way into playing some LF.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Rodriguez is looking like the perfect signing to counter the Manoah struggles. Looking like a real nice #5 with Francis.

So far free agent grades:
  1. Turner: A+
  2. Rodriguez: A+
  3. IKF: B
  4. Kiermaier: D

Still not that much of a fan of the IKF and Kiermaier signings but at least IKF has shown more then I thought he would.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I didn't know Martinez was struggling at 2B defensively. That makes things a little more complicated in the short term with Vlad and Turner on the same swinging side at 1b/dh.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
It's bizarre because as a younger prospect he was projected to be an Adrian Beltre caliber defender. With his arm slot, I'm not even sure if the outfield is an ideal option. Then again Alex Rios had a low 3/4 release as well and he could still gun down runners.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Conor Cooke is off to a slow start. I thought he would be the first reliever called up if needed.

Adam Macko is looking very good. I believe most of the runs he has given up were in his first start in the first inning.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Rodriguez is looking like the perfect signing to counter the Manoah struggles. Looking like a real nice #5 with Francis.

Still not that much of a fan of the IKF and Kiermaier signings but at least IKF has shown more then I thought he would.
IKF is doing an okay job lately. I feel like KK is a bigger issue specially since the Jays have another better CF. It's also probably easier to find a good offensive LF than a good offensive 3rd base. I'd rather sawp KK for Varsho and add a strong LF bat than swap IKF for a strong 3rd base bat.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
TINSTAAPP

Pitchers are such a crapshoot as prospects and young players, it really feels like it's fools gold drafting them. Better to just sign pitchers in FA that have finally realized their potential (e.g. Gausman, Bassitt, Kikuchi) or trade for them (e.g. Berrios) than to grasp to hope that prospects will ever make the rotation.
You need to draft pitchers so you have capital to trade for established ones.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
IKF is doing an okay job lately. I feel like KK is a bigger issue specially since the Jays have another better CF. It's also probably easier to find a good offensive LF than a good offensive 3rd base. I'd rather sawp KK for Varsho and add a strong LF bat than swap IKF for a strong 3rd base bat.
I'd personally like to see Barger have a go in LF with Varsho in CF at some point.

Reactions: LaP

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Honestly, I've been one of the most vocal IKF detractors, but if I'm grading based on performance to this point, it's an easy A+. A 114 wRC+ with his defense and versatility is ridiculously valuable.

Reactions: LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad