Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training is over. The season begins today

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Ohtani throwing the interpreter under the bus but this whole story requires that we believe that a gambling organization extended a large credit to the interpreter, despite no collateral and a modest income.
He was managing his money. Not the first time it happens honestly. Jack Johnson comes to my mind.

Mizuhara is not suspected of gambling on baseball, the US attorney said.

“We do not believe any bets were made on baseball games,” Estrada said.

[...]

“Ohtani provided his cellphone to law enforcement, who determined that there was no evidence to suggest that Ohtani was aware of, or involved in, Mizuhara’s illegal gambling activity or payment of those debts,” the office said.

Estrada said there is evidence Mizuhara impersonated Ohtani in phone calls to a bank in order to authorize wire transfers to associates of the illegal gambling operation with which he had been involved.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Regarding the renos of the stadium -- while I'm sure it's great in-person, does anyone else find it hasn't translated as well on TV? It looks significantly darker on TV, whereas before it was perfect with just how bright it was (it is akin to how Maple Leaf Gardens always looked bright on TV, whereas now a game from the ACC/SBA looks like it is being watched through a snow globe). Also, while much more profitable for the team, I find the seats behind home plate look clunky with the light brown brick pattern in the background splashed with green TD logos. The charm of seeing the fans behind the two behind-the-plate rows, which is now four, has been lost. It almost looks fake.

I know...I'm just being pedantic.
Light brown?

I don’t see any brown from my TV set. If anything the new look is very grey (although I bet it’s a weird pale shade of blue or something).

Anyways I think it looks good, it looks more modern that’s for sure and that’s not a bad thing given the dated feel of the dome before.

I also find the grey makes it feel more full than the blue did.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Regarding the renos of the stadium -- while I'm sure it's great in-person, does anyone else find it hasn't translated as well on TV? It looks significantly darker on TV, whereas before it was perfect with just how bright it was (it is akin to how Maple Leaf Gardens always looked bright on TV, whereas now a game from the ACC/SBA looks like it is being watched through a snow globe). Also, while much more profitable for the team, I find the seats behind home plate look clunky with the light brown brick pattern in the background splashed with green TD logos. The charm of seeing the fans behind the two behind-the-plate rows, which is now four, has been lost. It almost looks fake.

I know...I'm just being pedantic.
I actually love the look on TV. Looking forward to seeing it in person

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's probably not a coincidence they're calling up Yariel on Francis' day. Probably just another long arm in the pen in case Francis' outing is cut short again but I wouldn't be shocked if they use Yariel to start. I assume Espino goes down. When Romano and Swanson are back who goes down, Pearson and...? I would guess it's probably Francis. White doesn't have options. I don't think Richards does either? I doubt you send your 2nd lefty down in Cabrera.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
It's probably not a coincidence they're calling up Yariel on Francis' day. Probably just another long arm in the pen in case Francis' outing is cut short again but I wouldn't be shocked if they use Yariel to start. I assume Espino goes down. When Romano and Swanson are back who goes down, Pearson and...? I would guess it's probably Francis. White doesn't have options. I don't think Richards does either? I doubt you send your 2nd lefty down in Cabrera.
FWIW, Yariel went 4 innings his first start.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Bowden's first two MLB starts were at Houston and NYY, so not exactly the best matchups. Still, he showed a lot of positives and the stuff graded out pretty well in both starts. Rocky Road is the perfect matchup to get him on track

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bowden's first two MLB starts were at Houston and NYY, so not exactly the best matchups. Still, he showed a lot of positives and the stuff graded out pretty well in both starts. Rocky Road is the perfect matchup to get him on track

Weird random thought but maybe they try and run Francis and Rodriguez like a tandem. He went 5 innings and 3.1 inning in his first two starts. maybe they tell Francis to go all out for 3-4 innings and then bring in Rodriguez to go 3-4 innings and then you just turn it over to the pen to close things out if everything goes well.

The team obviously can't afford to carry two pitchers for one rotation spot forever, but in the short term it could be a nice way to see them battle it out and figure out who stays in the rotation and gets built up and who goes into the bullpen as a long man alongside White.

Reactions: aingefan

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Ohtani throwing the interpreter under the bus but this whole story requires that we believe that a gambling organization extended a large credit to the interpreter, despite no collateral and a modest income.

Something smells very bull-shitty about the whole the interpreter stole my lunch story. I seem to recall that his parents were managing his finances no?

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
He is a bad ump, but that box can be misleading.

F6FDEE79-4309-4DB1-8C7D-577119E4AEEF.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad