Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training is over. The season begins today

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Has the stock of our prospects risen recently? Buffalo looks like it’s loaded with actual prospects that are also close to MLB ready, not just AAAA guys. I think the depth looks solid. What do you guys think?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Has the stock of our prospects risen recently? Buffalo looks like it’s loaded with actual prospects that are also close to MLB ready, not just AAAA guys. I think the depth looks solid. What do you guys think?
Very low on star power outside of Tiedemann and perhaps Orelvis, but there should be MLB players there.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Jays got lucky tonight - everything went against Houston and the Jays still barely won. This team is meh.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Team, this team doesn't have IT.

Really mixed on Atkins and co. as well. They've done well to solidify this team's pitching for the foreseeable future, but I'm really disappointed on how they've complimented this offense.

Doesn't help with Vladdy looking more like a 30 HR guy, versus a consistent 45+ HR, 7+ WAR guy coming out as a phenom. Apart from Bo there is no other real threat on offense. The biggest miss from this front office has been how not a single individual drafted under this regime has graduated and become an above average player on offense.

Pretty disappointed with that and that's why you have no depth on offense right now.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Jays are dead last in BABIP with .196, last year they were at .301. Hopefully that evens out soon but they need to be better and quickly.

Probably have the hardest schedule to start the season; TB, HOU, NYY, SEA, COL, NYY, SD, KC and LAD. Pretty much only 2 series in the first month plus against teams who werent in the playoffs last year and arent expected to make it this year or be in the hunt (COL and KC).

Will be like last year. Tough start and when the schedule eases up they will pile on the wins and be WC team.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Team can’t hit. Period. Couldn’t last year. It wasn’t addressed. They made terrible trades, terrible signings and terrible re-signings.

These terrible idiots gotta go. Everyone top to bottom.

The free passes are a f***ing joke.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Yariel Rodriguez had a really good outing for Buffalo today. 4 innings of no hit 1 walk with 6 strikeouts. 55 pitches. Danner had the save in the 10th, 3 batters, 3 K's
I would like to see him pitch. He should pitch every 4th day or 5th day? Looking to watch his next start. I know todays game was snowed out-yikes.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Maroudis, Nimmala, JWB, Barriera, Toman, and Perez highlight Dunedin's opening day roster

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

No Doughty promotion to New Hampshire. We have Macko, Roden, and Kasevich as the big names with some other guys with decent potential in Dominguez, Britton, Van Eyk, Palmer, Harrison, and Gabby Martinez

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe Doughty is injured as he isn't with Vancouver either.

Not much name appeal here. Bohrofen, Rojas, Dasan Brown and stuff.Rafael Sanchez, Jennings, Gallagher, Orf and McCarty have some intrigue too.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

This guy is sucks for baseball. I really always had a softspot for the A's... may be the whole moneyball, and loveable losers thing they had going. I admired them at finding ways to win with such a small budget. Always wanted to see the Oakland Coliseum also, guess that means that has to be this year... it may be a crap hole but love the nostalgia of old sports venues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad