Blue Jays GDT: Spring Training GDT: because it turns out most of the games are on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Web-only game tonight. I'm assuming it'll be the Yankee broadcast but it's only available on Sportsnet Now streaming platforms, the Sportsnet App, or Sportsnet.ca

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Espinal!!!!

"The Blue Jays have traded for Matt Chapman!"

Espinal:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Because Biggio only plays RF :)

Then you use spring to teach him to play left where his iffy arm and crap range aren't nearly as much of a detriment. It's not like he's a born right fielder who's returning to his natural position. If he can be taught it, he can be taught left. He seems like a pretty smart guy who can pick that sort of stuff up.

This is like deciding you want Chapman to DH for a day so you move him to DH, Vladdy to 3rd, and put Espinal at 1st to facilitate that. Sure it's technically workable the the far better solution is staring you in the face.

...and now I'm afraid that scenario is going to end up happening.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Then you use spring to teach him to play left where his iffy arm and crap range aren't nearly as much of a detriment. It's not like he's a born right fielder who's returning to his natural position. If he can be taught it, he can be taught left. He seems like a pretty smart guy who can pick that sort of stuff up.

This is like deciding you want Chapman to DH for a day so you move him to DH, Vladdy to 3rd, and put Espinal at 1st to facilitate that. Sure it's technically workable the the far better solution is staring you in the face.

...and now I'm afraid that scenario is going to end up happening.
Isn't that the stadium where the sun is in the LF's eyes all game for day games?

If so, that might be part of it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I dont think he's against it. While it takes away from the purity, catchers are getting worse at it in general.

I expected that he was going to blame it as part of the ongoing erosion of catcher skills. And then probably tie it back to how it's all because of analytics and their quest to ruin the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad