Sportsnet Just Covered Our Topics

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
A few years ago on Hockey Night In Canada there was a segment with Jeff Marek and Scott Morrison where Marek was talking about HFBoards, so it's something the media definitely knows about.

Doug Maclean called this site a joke, and Bob Mac has often used the term "ass clowns" here while posting in the past. Speaks volumes of the content and quality here.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Do you know if the poster using the name of 'Bill Watters' is the real deal?..Kinda creepy that somebody would post under that name otherwise.

Why in the name of heavens any poster would take on that name in beyond asinine. I believe he actually is Wilbur, the only explanation with any merit to it.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Haha

We have a poster named Glen Healey. Poor guy will wake up to seething PMs :laugh:

CalgaryLeaf*

Doug Maclean called this site a joke, and Bob Mac has often used the term "ass clowns" here while posting in the past. Speaks volumes of the content and quality here.

We mere mortals would get banned using that term...Imagine the ballz it would take for a Mod to ban Mackenzie...lol

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
-Players won't sign here because of the media
-Toronto is in the top 5 cities of no-trade clauses (players will not agree to be traded here)

That was because of the ESPN piece.

-They have lost a "generation of Leaf fans" - and that part is EXACTLY how he said it - Morrison said that for an 18 year old, they have no "lasting memories" of the Leafs these past 10-15 years... this has been a hot topic that has been discussed here for the past few weeks.. WOW lol...

That has been discussed in various media sources prior to tonight.

is really IS true.. these media guys read these forums and possibly participate as well - somebody brought this up yesterday- I doubted it, but now I totally agree..

You are assuming facts not in evidence - as I said, the media/no trade clause thing came about because of the ESPN piece and the lost generation thing has been discussed in various media sources.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Of course they read stuff here.2 years ago I was complaining about the 3 stooges doing HNIC.In some guy's column Glenn Healy was interviewed and said I was full of crap for complaining about him complaining about the Leafs and said he calls it as he sees it.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't see how this was directly lifted from the boards.

These are common questions floating around the team right now.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009

I got no beef with bobby mac, but Doug is the joke here. He thinks that yelling louder makes ones point more valid. :naughty:

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The worst part of that for the folks that were around for the last Cup win, they're basically senile, so they don't remember either, and my generation only has Gilmour with a tall glass of toxic Ballard

Have you been playing too many games without your helmet? Lie down and take a nice rest. How old do you think people have to be to remember the 67 Cup?

Last edited:

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Pretty accurate description of the content on both ends. And if Doug thinks it's bad, it must be pretty damn useless.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
In this day and age of course the media writes and talks about what the fans are saying. Where else do you think they'd get the fans overall opinions? They certainly aren't stopping people in the streets and asking them. This site makes their job so much easier.

Wouldn't surprise me if a poster or two from here got a job offer in mainstream media. Some media guys probably post here, most probably read here. I'd be surprised if sports editors and radio stn. Managers didn't at least occasionally read here.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Where's my cheque?

If a fan discusses something here first and then the media use it, dont I get a royalty check? Of course they read here, how much can you really discuss the plight of the leafs? It is like a broken record. But what I want to see is the impact on hockey, especially given that Cdn teams clearly aren't favoured. Canada has 7 teams but haven't won since Roy and C Lemieux went psycho and single handedly stole it.

I am a firm believer that Bettman's agenda(didnt Burke work in the NHL front office?) will have dire consequences and eventually Canadian fans will tune out while America doesn't watch anyway. Watch Arz win the lottery, another American team where the fans dont care getting a star to save them.There is a real danger the NHL could be hurt when the top Cdn teams start losing fans.

7 out of 30 teams implies one Cdn. team should at least get the cup every 5 years, yet one wont win in the next 5 years...what are the consequences with so many Cdn fans starting to catch on...see Vancouver riots.

My brother lives in California and likes hockey, he says Americans just dont care about hockey and never will, Bettman's big US tv deal is a myth.

Last edited:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A few years ago on Hockey Night In Canada there was a segment with Jeff Marek and Scott Morrison where Marek was talking about HFBoards, so it's something the media definitely knows about.

The sports networks are definitely very aware of HFBoards and I know of a few media outlets that forbid their staff from posting here or forbid them identifying themselves as being affiliated with those outlets if they do post here.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

In some instances there are a bigger set of assclowns. "The Clarkson Sweepstakes" Clarkson the #1 UFA available... MLSE and our local media have some top notch track records.

My freaking posting record and general accuracy has been far superior over the years in nearly every aspect. It's all there for anyone to wade through from calling collapses before they happened to Bozak being a joke to estimating the return for Franson which I had posted before Bob revised his return to a 1st.

Have at it.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
d80RVGg.png

It's obvious one of us is a spy for the Sportsnet crew.

No way, that would never happen.

By the way, that Nick Kypreos sure is a smart guy! And always well dressed. I really like my his take on things!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Bob McKenzie used to post on here. Then called everyone a bunch of assclowns and left :laugh:

Mirtle and Pronman have accounts on here as well. IIRC Patrick Burke said that he and his peers sometimes read the trade rumours boards for laughs at bars

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Anybody saw the second intermission with Kypreos/Scott Morrison???

They literally just covered topics that have been hot on these forums for weeks LOL- they covered:

-Players won't sign here because of the media
-Toronto is in the top 5 cities of no-trade clauses (players will not agree to be traded here)
-They have lost a "generation of Leaf fans" - and that part is EXACTLY how he said it - Morrison said that for an 18 year old, they have no "lasting memories" of the Leafs these past 10-15 years... this has been a hot topic that has been discussed here for the past few weeks.. WOW lol...

is really IS true.. these media guys read these forums and possibly participate as well - somebody brought this up yesterday- I doubted it, but now I totally agree..

question is, what are their names on here ;)

Yet, the concensus #1 overall pick in this years draft, grew up a Leaf fan.

Don't listen to these dopes. They're part of the problem. And anyone who thinks sports "personalities" (and I use that term very loosely) in this city don't come to sites like these to get talking points is naive.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
This is why this franchise needs to draft and develop their own. Wasn't that long ago no one wanted to play in Detroit or Chicago. Success brings followers and since the Sundin era came to an end the time is too long for young players to remember. Over a decade has passed. That means 18 year old OHL players have never seen the Leafs at the top or near the top of the standings. So, why would they want to play here?

A lot of posters have not seen success from this franchise but when it comes back Leaf sweaters will be in the stands wherever they are travelling to and in some cases will outnumber the fans of the teams they will be visiting. The will have posters all over the city of them and fans will adore them. When this happens players will want to come here just like Mogilny, Roberts, Niewendyk and Leech wanted to come here. You guys listen to too many idiot reporters like Cox and Simmons. Make your own judgments and for the record, no UFA is going to make this team a contender right now. We need a full rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad