Split League Consolidated All Star Team Discussion

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that because I found one instance of Nels back checking, that we should suddenly start questioning the reputation he has around here. I do wonder though how many times such references need to come up before we are forced to think about whether that reputation is warranted going forward.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Nice find about Stewart jarek.

It's entirely possible that he back checked fairly consistently in 1930. Maybe he was one of those players that was a good, but inconsistent defensive player. It would be pretty easy to find out if we just go through the papers for as many of his games as possible. Maybe I will do that, it would only take a few hours.

It would honestly go a long way to explaining the Hart win, because based on his scoring, he probably shouldn't have won it.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It's entirely possible that he back checked fairly consistently in 1930. Maybe he was one of those players that was a good, but inconsistent defensive player. It would be pretty easy to find out if we just go through the papers for as many of his games as possible. Maybe I will do that, it would only take a few hours.

It would honestly go a long way to explaining the Hart win, because based on his scoring, he probably shouldn't have won it.

I think it makes perfect sense that he won it. He outscored his linemates by a crazy margin.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I think it makes perfect sense that he won it. He outscored his linemates by a crazy margin.

Even if that's true, he GOT outscored by other players on other teams by a fair margin as well.

Anyways, we'll see what I come up with in my research I suppose.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The fact that Stewart outscored his next best teammate is nice, but not something I can base my voting on.OTOH, the fact that he did this in a tight divisional race speaks volume about his ''will to win'' or ''will to perform'' during that particular season.It seems plausible Stewart was a ''man possessed'' in 29-30, moreso than at least Frank Boucher, even if the latter have better stats.

As of now I stick to Stewart on the 2nd team, and am closer to rank him on the 1st than on the 3rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad