Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

E&M

Nov 18, 2004
Vancouver
Egil said:
I still maintain that if Kovolchuk and Spezza were traded on draft day (so Ottawa gets Kovolchuk and Atlanta gets Spezza) that Spezza would be considered the "better" player at this point. There is absolutely no way that Ottawa keeps Kovolchuk around his rookie season, as his defense was worse than Spezza's (which was very poor). That simply DOES NOT FLY on top teams in the NHL, especially a team that doesn't have problems scoring.

I've never really thought of it like that before, but it could be true. I don't know if Kovalchuk would have come out like he did if he were drafted by the senators and playing for Martin.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
There are people around .........they still think Spezza is the better player :lol :joker:

And that "Kovalchuk would not made the Sens lineup in hes rookie-season" is just ridiculously ! The most dynamic , exiting ...... player in the NHL with ton of Skillz and potential pffffffffffffff :banghead:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Kovalchuk right now is a better player. Whether or not he can keep that up for the next few years is yet to be seen though. If I were Ottawa I probably would've taken Kovalchuk...but at the same time we don't really need anyone with an attitude like he seems to have (way cocky..thinks he can do it all). Spezza seems more of a team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad