Spengler Cup 2023

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I don't think he was good. I just don't like bullies.

Don't bother responding, I won't see it.
Dell is the bully for cheapshotting Anderson. I am just telling it like it is.

Disagree, Dynamo Pardubice carried the play for long stretches of play.

Why so hot over the Spengler Cup?
I don't really care but it is irrelevant who carried play. While Dell might have been decent for most of the game he choked in the last 5 minutes. At least 2 of those goals should have been easily stopped.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dell was shit or Canada wins easily.
I mean I don't really like Dell either but I'm not sure he's to blame for the loss. Didn't really have much of a chance on the goals against him today. The Kaut goal was very stoppable and Dell kinda looks stupid getting caught five hole but Ty Smith kinda screened his own goaltender maybe not when Kaut fired the puck but just ahead of it. Pretty sure Dell lost track of the puck there which is what made this a more difficult one to stop.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Lol. Quite a bit of bad blood for an exhibition game:laugh::popcorn:
Forget about USA or Soviet Union, Dynamo Pardubice is Canada's real nemesis. Kalpa lifted a visor to the roof for winning this tournament. Well they haven't got any Finnish chanpionships.

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
Disgusting refs at this match. If you want to give a cup to a specific team, just do it. It was really insane, PCE scored a regular goal and ref denied it, Unbelievable. Fortunately there is still some justice and PCE won that match and I hope they will win all the tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: lopper

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I mean I don't really like Dell either but I'm not sure he's to blame for the loss. Didn't really have much of a chance on the goals against him today. The Kaut goal was very stoppable and Dell kinda looks stupid getting caught five hole but Ty Smith kinda screened his own goaltender maybe not when Kaut fired the puck but just ahead of it. Pretty sure Dell lost track of the puck there which is what made this a more difficult one to stop.
Playing 3 games in 3 days is ridiculous. They weren't going to make it 60 minutes.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Best players for Canada, I believe picked by the coaching staff, were Jonathan Hazen, Ty Smith and Aaron Dell.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just watched the replay... it was 3-1 and I was positive it was over. That was a hell of a comeback.

Back to back years with an Extraliga club in final!

Last year we lost in a great match.

Maybe tomorrow is our day? If not, happy Stransky gets a Spengler Cup with Davos!

Congrats Pardubice!

Dominicho is a dickhead.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This Canada team was hard to watch. Thankfully it’s only the Spengler Cup but man I think my local jr A team could’ve given them a stiff test :laugh:

swissdude

May 18, 2019
This Canada team was hard to watch. Thankfully it’s only the Spengler Cup but man I think my local jr A team could’ve given them a stiff test :laugh:
I'm not saying that team canada represents the elite of canadian hockey, but I'd bet a decent amount that they'd easily beat even the current WJC team canada

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm not saying that team canada represents the elite of canadian hockey, but I'd bet a decent amount that they'd easily beat even the current WJC team canada
I was being hyberbolic when I said my Jr A team would give them a run, but I don’t think they’d do very well against the Canadian junior team

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad