Spengler Cup 2023

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pardubice is a good squad! Quite excited for this one. Good goalies, forwards and D.

Kaut is about tenth on the team in scoring... Starting to think he is a bust.lol

Excited for this one!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
the final rosters must be submitted to the tournament management until December 25 noon
Xmas in Switzerland...

disney-comics-born-in-the-funnies-scrooge-feat-1.1.jpg

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anyone remember when the Rochester Americans took part in this ? They lost, so Canada took their goalie and then promptly lost.

He's gotta be the first person to be eliminated twice in the same tournament

Matt Hackett was his name

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking at it now.. normally the Czech club is very weak (invites go out a year in advance). This year it's a top club. They also just added Libor Hajek this week and I'm curiuos if he goes. Now before we all make fun of Libor Hajek, he should be a damn good Euro Dman (I hope) so the team got better. I also read they may bring a few reinforcements... curious if that messes with chemistry.

On a good note.. Czechs play Slovakia at 6am and Pardubice plays at 8am on Boxing Day. So I should be drunk and sound asleep by noon on boxing day.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1703349025302.png

Not bad at all.. Dell could be a real problem! Happy for Milic to get a nom. No KHLers? Is that on purpose? I felt like KHL had a lot of Canucks? Are they not allowed to leave KHL or is Canada not picking KHLers?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If it's a player playing for an Irish team it's the IRISH league to this guy.
Apparently, European geography and history aren't strengths exactly of yours.

Belfast is located in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. There's border control and you pay with British pounds sterling, not Euros.

As of now, Belfast is very much British, not Irish. There are still lots of Irish nationalists who wanna change that but this is a story for another day.

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
cant wait to watch the Spengler Cup tourny while also watching the WJHC.. should be fun.. only beef for me is the ads on the jerseys..does it bother ya all to see these insane amounts of ads all over?? ohh but would like to see for once pure jerseys with only 1 ad just like the NHL...

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Belfast is located in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. There's border control and you pay with British pounds sterling, not Euros.
Within the island of Ireland there are no border controls. Even customs controls take place between Great Britain and the island of Ireland in its entirety.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Within the island of Ireland there are no border controls. Even customs controls take place between Great Britain and the island of Ireland in its entirety.
There is no regular border control but there are checkpoints and you can get checked. You must be able to show identification if you cross the border.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There is no regular border control but there are checkpoints and you can get checked. You must be able to show identification if you cross the border.
That is also not correct, only citizens of third countries must be able to provide identification documents. Immigration officials are entitled to inspect individual vehicles in search of such individuals, but can not demand any documentation from UK or Irish citizens. This is no different at the border than in central Dublin or Belfast. There have been limited and temporary controls in the past for example during the COVID-19 pandemic when non-essential travel was categorically forbidden momentarily, but not normally or currently.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Apparently, European geography and history aren't strengths exactly of yours.

As of now, Belfast is very much British, not Irish. There are still lots of Irish nationalists who wanna change that but this is a story for another day.
For gods sake I know that.

You wouldn't get it and i'm not about to explain it.

• Haha
Reactions: Hinterland

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is without question the worst Canadian team I can recall and I've been watching this tourney since it's been televised ...I also followed it in the papers as a kid before television.

But... maybe Brucie can put it all together..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad