Spengler Cup 2023

swissdude

May 18, 2019
This is without question the worst Canadian team I can recall and I've been watching this tourney since it's been televised ...I also followed it in the papers as a kid before television.

But... maybe Brucie can put it all together..
the offense promises to be entertaining, quite a few natural scorers, the defense on the other hand might be a problem

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Will be a very entertaining game against Ambri and from a czech perspective the fact that Spacek is doing pretty well is a plus
Last year's final was very Czech to me. Spacek and Chlapik (I think) vs a Czech club. I like the look of Pardubice. Maybe we finally end the Czech drought.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Apparently, European geography and history aren't strengths exactly of yours.

Belfast is located in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. There's border control and you pay with British pounds sterling, not Euros.

As of now, Belfast is very much British, not Irish. There are still lots of Irish nationalists who wanna change that but this is a story for another day.
Top notch username

That is also not correct, only citizens of third countries must be able to provide identification documents. Immigration officials are entitled to inspect individual vehicles in search of such individuals, but can not demand any documentation from UK or Irish citizens. This is no different at the border than in central Dublin or Belfast. There have been limited and temporary controls in the past for example during the COVID-19 pandemic when non-essential travel was categorically forbidden momentarily, but not normally or currently.
How do they know if they are national or not ? :sarcasm:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's been a great game! Hoping we can tie it up. Nice to see some old favs in Kaut and Hajek. Sedlak... let's go!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Doing everything but scoring.. lots of shots, a Kaut post.. finally a goal. 2-2

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlak with a beautiful finish. 3-2 in OT. Nice job... Keep it going. Like the look of this club.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Never cared about this tourney growing up. Its basically the Swiss equivalent of the All Star Game. I was often "forced" to watch the games during the annual family gatherings and was seldom entertained. Maybe it would be different if my hometown team participated but it never did.

golfortennis1

Mar 18, 2022
I know he's aged out(may have even retired from professional hockey) but it's a shame Maxime Noreau is not playing in it. He was an institution on that team.

Reactions: jj cale

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Never cared about this tourney growing up. Its basically the Swiss equivalent of the All Star Game. I was often "forced" to watch the games during the annual family gatherings and was seldom entertained. Maybe it would be different if my hometown team participated but it never did.

Similar for me. As a kid I used to watch the games with my granpa so there are good memories. Having said that, it's still a gimmick tournament and I also never liked the fact that it basically exists to finance an NL club.

I like the stories around Team Canada though. Always an interesting mix there and sometimes players get an opportunity to represent their country who otherwise wouldn't. By all reports they also have a great time together over christmas and new year.

These days I don't usually follow the tournament a great deal but it's still more interesting to me than the current Champions League which is even more of a joke...

Reactions: Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bruce Boudreau is the Head Coach for team Canada
1703618947704.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes