Spencer Foo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Alright - who here is a shill for Craig Custance and/or The Athletic? :laugh:

To address the OP, I think the fact that he's waiting to see what happens at the Expansion Draft leads means Vegas (i.e. a top 9 job) is what he's interested in. If they end up high on the hog up front, he may be forced to go elsewhere, but he probably (rightfully) sees them as the best route for guaranteed time. I know I would.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm guessing he signs elsewhere.

No room.

No room?

We have 9 signed forwards, then AA and Tatar as RFas. If Vegas takes a forward, we have 3-4 forward spots open, if Vegas doen't take a forward we still have 2-3 spots open. Lots of room. It's not like he's coming in and commanding 3 million, he'll get under a mil.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=107388

Would be nice to add a RIGHT HANDNESS to our corpses of only lefties.

Zeta, Left
Nielsen, Left
Nyquist, Left
Akader, Left
Tatar, Left
Larkin, Left
Mantha, Left
AA, Left
Helm, Left
Sheahan, Left
Bertuzzi, Left
Nosek, Left

All the god damn guys are Lefties, Except LUKE GLENDENING. I wonder if he would be the future 1st PP playmaker.

Time to go after righties (like Necas) heavily at the draft. Handnesses are not all in all, but you have to have some kind of mix of them. Goalies weak spots still are on the blocker side, and this hurts us especially on the power-play one-timers.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
saying there's no room is silly. there's plenty of room and he can do a lot of good for his career to develop in a program that has won now with 2 different coaches, has a strong foundation in GR to work with and, regardless of how people view this organization, it is still top notch. It would be a good get for both sides IMO.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think there is room and if not, playing for a couple of weeks with the reigning Calder Cup Champs would be a pretty good place to learn.

It is rumoured to be down to Philly, Detroit and Edmonton.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Unless he wants to be stuck in GR, sign elsewhere mate.

Why would he want to get stuck in GR longer than he should, get bashed by Blabhill and be told by Holland that he should like it?

Holland and Blabhill must go before we have a chance at these guys.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Edmonton is his hometown? I think that would be his first choice. I'd like to sign him and trade some roster player like Nyquist. But I am not KH trying to squeeze in a 8 seed birth.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Edmonton is his hometown? I think that would be his first choice. I'd like to sign him and trade some roster player like Nyquist. But I am not KH trying to squeeze in a 8 seed birth.

Yeah, but the problem with playing for Edmonton is that you have to live in Edmonton.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Not seeing where there isn't room for him, of our "ready" protects we have Svech as a top 9 option, two likely 4th liners, and Frk is a wild card plus we should have roster spots open. Need that elc, hope we get him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
As someone in another thread posted, Spencer Whoo?

From what I read, it sounds like Philly and then Edmonton are the two front runners, with Vegas and Detroit afterwards. My guess is Philly.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

9 minutes of Spencer Foo.

Looks very creative guy. Expected a sniper.

One thing I always hate about any guys highlight videos, is that it never gives you any indication what they really play like. All you see is goals, assists, etc. Would be nice if they put in some, away from the puck moments, mixed in, so you can get a sense of what kind of player they really are.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
As someone in another thread posted, Spencer Whoo?

Would be THE most hyped player of this time of year like Jimmy Vesey last year, if there would not be this Expansion Draft going on...

...and it's good. I always hate those hype trains for College Free Agents. Now the guy gets the attention he deserves (kind of no attention) and start his career from the shadows. Not too much pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad