Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
im all onboard a 30 point season for Dvorak after an entire summer of apeing about him. Kokta 40 points,

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
So we're getting Howden back AND a cactus!?
Not that dessert. Coyote country. Brett still gets to go to The Taj and use his chips… But, let’s play along. 2 2nds and a warm AHL roster spot for Georgiev, Hijack, Tarmo and a 4th from us. We can send the Goat elsewhere (maybe as a smallish part of a deal for Smith in Vegas or Perroni StLoie). But I want a scorpion now too. Theyregonna need Georgiev’s vicious blocker in the mega tank anyways…

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
im all onboard a 30 point season for Dvorak after an entire summer of apeing about him. Kokta 40 points,
Side bet Dvorak has a career year in MtL. Late first and a 2nd isn’t exactly a tremendous price to play for a guy who could have helped us and found another gear playing with high end talent. I guess we’ll never know now.
But I would have loved to give him a try at 2C instead of Strome. To everyone saying they rather have Chytil, the point is moot until strome is gone to give him a chance at heavy 2C minutes.
And No I don’t see strome shifting to wing, or being booted off the 1 PP. I’m pretty passed the guy is still on this team.
100% rather roll the dice with
Zibby
Chytil
Barron
Rooney
If chytil plays the way he did pre-injury for 30 or so games, he is a long term option at 2C. Of half the year goes by and chytil is overmatched, drury knows he has to make a move to upgrade the position. Either way, Strome being on the opening day line up prevents that. It also keeps LaF or Kakko off of 1PP with the big dogs

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
At worst, Dvorak is worth what Montreal paid for him.

Thats a steal for them
Too many people look at Dvorak’s stat line and Judge him. I’ve seen some wild things said about him recently on various boards, both over hyping him, but mostly underselling him. He’s a very good responsible 2-way center whose on a solid contract and absolutely capable of putting up 20+ goals and 50 + pts with more talent around him. He’s also a solid face off guy.
He’s going to make a very solid 2C in Montreal behind Suzuki. I expect him to have a career year after finally leaving that dumpster fire in ARI

having watched a lot of coyotes games, imo Dvorak is the better overall player then chytil right now.
Chytil has potential to be better in the long run

Last edited:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Too many people look at Dvorak’s stat line and Judge him. I’ve seen some wild things said about him recently on various boards, both over hyping him, but mostly underselling him. He’s a very good responsible 2-way center whose on a solid contract and absolutely capable of putting up 50 + pts with more talent around him. He’s also a solid face off guy.

Well he’s going to play with worse talent in montreal than he played with in Arizona. It’ll also probably be a worse PP role because MTL evenly splits units and he’ll likely be on the worse one since Suzuki will center the top one. Montreal also rolls all four lines more than anyone so his ice time will likely decrease

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Not that dessert. Coyote country. Brett still gets to go to The Taj and use his chips… But, let’s play along. 2 2nds and a warm AHL roster spot for Georgiev, Hijack, Tarmo and a 4th from us. We can send the Goat elsewhere (maybe as a smallish part of a deal for Smith in Vegas or Perroni StLoie). But I want a scorpion now too. Theyregonna need Georgiev’s vicious blocker in the mega tank anyways…
I have no idea what you’re talking about, but im fully expecting us to announce a trade soon now

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Well he’s going to play with worse talent in montreal than he played with in Arizona. It’ll also probably be a worse PP role because MTL evenly splits units and he’ll likely be on the worse one since Suzuki will center the top one. Montreal also rolls all four lines more than anyone so his ice time will likely decrease
Doubtful. There’s no way as a whole, the habs are worse then the Yotes. They play a solid team structure. Odds are he’s still going to see 18-20 min a night as habs 2C. The only thing that might decrease a bit is his PP time.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Doubtful. There’s no way as a whole, the habs are worse then the Yotes. They play a solid team structure. Odds are he’s still going to see 18-20 min a night as habs 2C. The only thing that might decrease a bit is his PP time.

Well you could have just said you didn’t know anything about the Habs.

do you know how many Habs forwards averaged 18-20 minutes last year? One. 18:10.

The year before? One. 18:50

year before that? Zero.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Well you could have just said you didn’t know anything about the Habs.

do you know how many Habs forwards averaged 18-20 minutes last year? One. 18:10.

The year before? One. 18:50

year before that? Zero.

you got me..... odds are he’s going to fill Danault roll there. But Danault didn’t really play any PP time.
Danault average 16 min 52 seconds a game. I was off by a whole minute. Shame on me.

but your right. I can care less about the habs. Or their players ice time

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Does Carolina move Trochek for money reasons? His cap hit is $4.75M. However, his salary is $6.25M. That is the 2nd highest salary on the Canes behind Aho. Gallant and Trochek go back to their days in Florida. Drury has a ton of cap space available for this season. Trochek's contract expires after this season.

They are 2.5m over the cap. They have to make a move

Reactions: egelband

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
What are we trading for Trochek, knowing we can't keep him beyond a year? And where's he going to play? If we really wanted another winger for a year we could have just kept Buch...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Does Carolina move Trochek for money reasons? His cap hit is $4.75M. However, his salary is $6.25M. That is the 2nd highest salary on the Canes behind Aho. Gallant and Trochek go back to their days in Florida. Drury has a ton of cap space available for this season. Trochek's contract expires after this season.
They will move Nino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad