Recalled/Assigned: Sounds like Mitchell is out, Schultz recalled

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
He played less than ten minutes last game and was - 4 before he got benched lol

I think he played 14 mins.

In any case, you got the impression from Sutter's comments that his D-Corp was either sick or injured that game. Hopefully at full strength, we can see even less of Greene.

Johnny66

Apr 24, 2014
Could McNabb or Campbell be called up? Is either of them an option?

Why is Campbell ,Schultz,now McNabb a better choice for a call up over Bodnarchuk?
How could those three be a better choice , was Bodnarchuk not statistically better than them ?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not sure what the deal is with Bods being passed over numerous times.

The only thing I can think of, Bods is not in the Kings plans going forward.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Greene had a strong game earlier in the season after being sat a couple games. I'm hoping he'll have one again. Hopefully the team can collectively play great to pick up some slack.

No dumb penalties, please?

Johnny66

Apr 24, 2014
must be the case. This kid is a very good player. Does not seem to get much credit for his play.

Johnny66

Apr 24, 2014
Could McNabb or Campbell be called up? Is either of them an option?

Why is Campbell ,Schultz,now McNabb a better choice for a call up over Bodnarchuk?
How could those three be a better choice , was Bodnarchuk not statistically better than them ?

Ron*

Bodnarchuck, is that you?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just a fan from his Jr hockey days, your thoughts ?

I think he deserves a crack and was the last cut at this year's camp IIRC so maybe next year is his year...but not gonna break him in in Game 7. That's unfair to him and crazy for the team.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ha, that'll be interesting to watch the Shultz out there if he plays.

He would come into my work and grab food here and there and I've talked to him a bit before, nice guy.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hopefully this is just precautionary. I don't want to see Matt Greene play a single minute in game 7

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Mitchell didn't look good. I'd even venture a guess that he is done. Pure speculation but given his knee history, I'm concerned.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
whoever plays, whether its Greene or Schultz, is going to play sheltered minutes. Greene was abominable in the last game he played

This times 1000. If it's going to work, Sutter has to limit his icetime. Bottom line, Matt Greene has to have a good game if he's in.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Greene can step up. He's got a lot of experience in the post season and he's not afraid to lay it all on the line. I'd rather hope he draws on that than give Schultz who couldn't even stay on the Capitals blueline full time or a rookie the shot in game 7.

If Mitchell didn't finish the game yesterday when the Kings were fighting for their lives, I'd venture to guess there isn't a chance in hell he will be playing tomorrow. Really a bummer because as much as his game has slid downhill in the past few years, I still think he is a decent defenseman and we simply have nobody of his caliber to replace him. Hopefully he isn't hurt long term because I'd really like to see him back next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad