Recalled/Assigned: Sounds like Mitchell is out, Schultz recalled

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
What the hell happened to Greene? He was pretty solid for awhile there...

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
I think Schultz is being called up as insurance in the unlikely event that someone else goes down with an injury before the game. Greene will get the call before him.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Greene is in before Schultz unless Greene is hurt and the club wasn't letting on about it. That said, Mitchell could also be a game time decision so this could all just be precautionary.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Are you forgetting how utterly terrible Schultz has been in the NHL recently? This is Jeff Schlutz, man, JEFF SCHULTZ.

I would say Greene is worse.

The Kings are not getting the Matt Greene from 2012, that guy is long gone. Also probably never coming back.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Oh my god. Sutter will be insane to start Greene. Guy got lit up like a Christmas tree. Oh man now that's scary. Greene is total **** now.

Schultz is absolute crap too.

They should have called a young defenseman up regardless of experience, because with experience, Greene and Schultz will be bad. How bad can a young good defenseman be with the kings system..

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Oh my god. Sutter will be insane to start Greene. Guy got lit up like a Christmas tree. Oh man now that's scary. Greene is total **** now.

Schultz is absolute crap too.

They should have called a young defenseman up regardless of experience, because with experience, Greene and Schultz will be bad. How bad can a young good defenseman be with the kings system..
Could McNabb or Campbell be called up? Is either of them an option?

KingKopitar11*

McNabb should have been given a chance.

Right now Greene is playing like Simple Jack and Schultz was playing like Simple Jack in Washington.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

I thought of Campbell in the 3rd when WM didn't return. Never thought of Greene. Campbell played well in the short time he was up, however, Sutter doesn't seem to be the type to put an inexperienced D in a game 7.

I'd rather have MItchell on his 1 good leg...

Really queasy thinking of Greene getting ice time...

KingKopitar11*

I thought of Campbell in the 3rd when WM didn't return. Never thought of Greene. Campbell played well in the short time he was up, however, Sutter doesn't seem to be the type to put an inexperienced D in a game 7.

That's what sucks. Our organization doesn't trust young players that much.

They sat Pearson for absolutely no reason and he's been great when they were forced to play him.

I wish they trusted younger players though, they're not 12.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

id rather have Doughty play 40 minutes and have DS rotate the other 4 :laugh:

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
id rather have Doughty play 40 minutes and have DS rotate the other 4 :laugh:

Matt Greene is a RD. Our two biggest minute eaters are DD and Voynov. With 28 minutes out of DD and 22 out of Voynov, we only need Greene for 10 mins. Fingers crossed this is the case.

KingKopitar11*

Matt Greene is a RD. Our two biggest minute eaters are DD and Voynov. With 28 minutes out of DD and 22 out of Voynov, we only need Greene for 10 mins. Fingers crossed this is the case.

He played less than ten minutes last game and was - 4 before he got benched lol

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
A brief glimmer of hope:

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider ·22m
Darryl Sutter, on Willie Mitchell's availability: "We'll see tomorrow. See how that goes."

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider ·37 mins
Lots of good stuff coming from Drew Doughty, who said he had trouble sleeping last night because of how excited he was for Game 7.

GOod, he's young and lots of energy, he can play his 30 and Greene's 10.

Love DD...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

They sat Pearson for absolutely no reason and he's been great when they were forced to play him.

Don't fully disagree, but I wouldn't go that far. They have an uphill battle to fight cracking the lineup for sure but once they're here earning trust they become part of the crew that doesn't get broken.

In this case, I'm kinda shocked no Campbell, but in a Game 7, it makes sense to have a veteran D there rather than a 'rookie' or someone new to the org. Schultz is a weird choice in that he's a vet but this would be his first Kings game--that's scary. But, do you go with Greene (who is maybe hurt and definitely rusty), Campbell (green but there), or Schultz (vet but meh and new to the org)? Not really a right choice in there imo.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal

Like I've been saying beforehand, that kind of rookie mistrust completely costs teams their championship aspiration. The Yankees are the single most famous example to that, like I have been saying repeatedly.

Please, for the love of God, start Andrew Campbell and Brayden McNabb! I rather not waste their youth in the farm, wondering what could have been, especially when they can play and the Sharks are clueless on Brayden.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
whoever plays, whether its Greene or Schultz, is going to play sheltered minutes. Greene was abominable in the last game he played

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad